Profile for J. Mills > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Mills RSS Feed (Reelsville, Indiana)

Page: 1 | 2
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR/DSLR Cameras and Accessories - Black
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR/DSLR Cameras and Accessories - Black
Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $26.48

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, basic camera storage bag, February 27, 2015
A nice, large storage bag for my camera supplies. Nothing fancy, just lots of pockets to store the camera, lenses, filters, etc..

Canon EOS Rebel T5i 18.0 MP CMOS Digital Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Zoom Lens and EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens plus 32GB Deluxe Accessory Bundle
Offered by Focus Camera
Price: $1,099.95
9 used & new from $799.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great package for the price, February 27, 2015
An excellent kit for an excellent price. Although I have several of the accessories already, for the price I could not pass this up. The tripod and filters are cheap and almost unusable, but in a pinch, I might use them. I've replaced the filters with B&W filters (yes, they are more expensive, but they are simply the best filters on the market). I highly recommend this package if you are looking for more than just a camera or camera body. The service and delivery time were excellent.

Vasque Men's Mantra 2.0 GTX Hiking Shoe
Vasque Men's Mantra 2.0 GTX Hiking Shoe
Price: $139.97 - $149.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, but too stiff in the uppers and terrible on wet surfaces, February 27, 2015
The Mantra 2.0 GTX fits fine, however I have found that uppers are too stiff for my feet even after spending weeks of general walking and rough terrain hiking. The uppers don't flex well and this causes my feet to hurt after short just periods of use. However, it's not bad enough that I'll send them back, but I will not buy this model again. My first pair was a set of Vasque Juxt's. I absolutely loved those shoes, but I just finally wore them out (the stitching on the seams is ripping out and the soles have partially worn through - I am STILL wearing them however as they are just so incredibly comfortable!). With both sets of shoes, as others have noted, they do NOT grip well on wet surfaces - rocks, floors, etc.. Be careful on wet surfaces.

B+W 58mm Clear UV Haze with Multi-Resistant Coating (010M)
B+W 58mm Clear UV Haze with Multi-Resistant Coating (010M)
Price: $34.58
8 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent filter for my Canon T5i, February 27, 2015
B&W lens are simply the best. The fit is excellent, they can be removed with little trouble (unlike other companies filters), and, they are of very high quality. As others have noted in their reviews, you can 'feel' the difference. Don't fall into the trap of buying cheap filters, you get what you pay for.

OtterBox Defender Series Holster/Belt Clip for Apple iPhone 5s Black
OtterBox Defender Series Holster/Belt Clip for Apple iPhone 5s Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value, February 27, 2015
A very good replacement for my original Otterbox case. My only concern is that the clip is just a little tight and it takes quite a bit of effort to get the phone out. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the case.

Isotope Geochemistry (Wiley Works)
Isotope Geochemistry (Wiley Works)
by William M. White
Price: $75.41
36 used & new from $59.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference or textbook - a must have., February 27, 2015
A very well written, up-to-date, and thorough treatise of isotope geochemistry. An excellent reference or textbook for undergraduate or graduate students.

Lens Cap Bundle - 4 Snap-on Lens Covers for DSLR Cameras including Nikon, Canon, Sony - Lens Cap Keepers included (67mm)
Offered by ECO-FUSED
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value, February 27, 2015
Perfect replacement for the Canon lens caps at a far, far better price. And, lots of extra caps to lose. The heavy duty vinyl case the caps come in is also very much appreciated.

Mad Max (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
Mad Max (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
DVD ~ Mel Gibson
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $24.10
19 used & new from $9.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad Max Blu-Ray - A classic, October 2, 2012
As so many other reviewers have stated, this is an excellent version of Mad Max. Excellent quality at a good price. Now if only the price of Road Warrior would drop, and if Thunderdome came out on Blu-ray, my collection would be complete.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2013 3:06 PM PDT

3M Peltor Skull Screw Earplugs, 120-Pair
3M Peltor Skull Screw Earplugs, 120-Pair
Price: $56.43
11 used & new from $30.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Screw Your Skull the Easy Way, October 2, 2012
After using several different brands and types of earplugs while I weedwhack, mow, bushhog, chop down trees, and cruise on my baffle-free V-star, I can confidently report that Skull Screws work. They are easy to put in and take out. They last through a large number of uses, and, reduce the noise to a comfortable level. The 120-pair pack is the only way to go with these. At $4.99/pair retail (or even $6.99/pair at some retailers), the $49.00/120 pairs price is a steal, hands down. Can't use that many pairs? Give some to your friends, sell some to a neighbor, or just give 'em to your cat to play with. My advice, get screwed 120 times over, you won't regret it.

SquareTrade 3-Year PC Peripherals Protection Plan ($150-$175)
SquareTrade 3-Year PC Peripherals Protection Plan ($150-$175)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $18.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy service set-up, September 5, 2012
Setting up the account on Squaretrade was quick and easy for the external harddrive I just purchased. I'm hopeful that I will never have to use their warranty service, but if their repair/replacement service is as good as the initial warranty set-up, I'm sure I'll be very satisfied.

Page: 1 | 2