Profile for AH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AH RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Jeremiah Study Bible: What It Says. What It Means. What It Means for You.
The Jeremiah Study Bible: What It Says. What It Means. What It Means for You.
by David Jeremiah
Price: $30.94
50 used & new from $29.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant study bible from a trusted pastor and bible teacher., December 11, 2013
Excellant study bible from a trusted pastor and bible teacher. I have many bibles, around 300 to be exact. Many are study bibles and I must say that "The Jeremiah Study Bible" has become my favorite. While I normally prefer the NASB, the bible is in the NKJV and I am fine with that. The notes and articles are easy to read and are understandable. Many study bibles have notes that are just heavy into historical detail with no insights into spiritual truths and application. This bible's notes has both I feel. Remember that the notes in any study bible are just that person's conclusions based on their study. I trust Dr.Jeremiah and his study. If your looking for a good study bible, I reccomend this one. You cant go wrong.

Examine Your Faith!: Finding Truth in a World of Lies
Examine Your Faith!: Finding Truth in a World of Lies
Price: $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars The right message the needs to be heard now!, October 3, 2013
I was looking forward to Pamela Christians book for awhile and it was worth the wait. Her message is spot on and one that every church, every christian church in America....in the world needs to hear but especially in America. There are already a few good detailed reviews here so I wont need to repeat what others have said. Very few will be as researched and blundt on these issues as Pamela Christian is and I applaud her for that. She is called "The Faith Doctor" and what a appropiate title because the faith is in need of a check-up and she does it and prescribes the right remedy. Do yourself a favor and read her book and be informed. Then, get as many in your church to read her book. There are many christian books published all the time and many of them are just full of fluff and stuff, but Pamela's book is a meat and potatoes book. She says the right message in a time when many just want their ears tickeld as the Scripture says will happen. Great book, great message!

The Equalizer: Season 1
The Equalizer: Season 1
DVD ~ Edward Woodward
Price: $11.49
41 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then I remembered!, June 3, 2012
This review is from: The Equalizer: Season 1 (DVD)
I remember watching The Equalizer when it originally aired and I just recieved my season 1 dvd's and the show is much better then I remember. Edward Woodward who passed away a few years ago was terrific as McCall. Im having a lot of fun watching them and hope for the remaining seasons to be released.

Blind Hope: An Unwanted Dog and the Woman She Rescued
Blind Hope: An Unwanted Dog and the Woman She Rescued
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with a great message!, April 27, 2012
This was a great book with a great message for everyone. There were many things in this book that gave me a lot to think about in my own life. If you havent read this book, I wont say any more as I dont want ruin it for you. I highly recomend this book. You wont regret it! I thank the author for writting it.

In the Arena: A Memoir of Victory, Defeat and Renewal
In the Arena: A Memoir of Victory, Defeat and Renewal
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant book!, March 24, 2012
I purchased this book when it was originally published as a high school student and it was then and remains my favorite book of all time. It was a enjoyable read and a educational read as well. It was book that also gave me ideas on to do certain things and follow President Nixons example such as in speaking and writting. President Nixon remains my favorite president and this book is like sitting with President Nixon over coffee and him talking to you about his life. I highly recomend this book and for many reasons.

The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: New American Standard Version
The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: New American Standard Version
by Charles F. Stanley
43 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Precious Bible to Treasure Always, December 17, 2011
I have always loved and trusted Dr.Stanley and his ministry. His bible is just a perfect tool to use to draw closer to the Lord. I have it in both translations NASB & NKJV. I highly recomend this bible. So many times study bibles tell you what a verse means when we should let the Holy Spirit do that for us. There are some study helps here but they focus more on the life principles from Dr.Stanley and he lets the Holy Spirit help us to understand the bible. His principles are tied into scriptual truths. I will always treasure this bible from a pastor who I trust and follow. May God bless Dr.Stanley.

Nearing Home: Life, Faith, and Finishing Well
Nearing Home: Life, Faith, and Finishing Well
by Billy Graham
Price: $14.45
316 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Words of Wisdom from Billy Graham, October 18, 2011
This book was just released today and I did in fact pick up my copy. I started reading it and even though I'm only half way through it, I find it to be a very touching book and one that has given me a lot of food for thought on my own life. As written by Mr.Graham, this book isnt just for older people. It should especially be for the younger people such as myself (age 39). I have thought a lot about aging as my parents both turned 70 this year. It is mind boggeling to think about that actually. Billy Graham starts out by telling us that we are taught how to live, but not about how to die. This book is full of his personal insights and biblical insights that are comforting to the reader. This is one of those books that you get excited to read it because it is from Billy Graham and especially at this stage in his life, but this is one of those books that make you relaize that you have been given a special gift and that gift is personal advice from one of the worlds most loved spiritual leaders. It's a book I will treasure always and will probably read from time to time. I am so impressed and moved by this book that I am purchasing several copies and giving them away as gifts to loved ones and to my church. I am thankful that Billy Graham wrote this book because unless we die young, we will all face getting older. I'm taking his words of wisdom to heart and it's my prayer all readers of this book do too. I encourage everyone to read this most heartfelt book.

Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat
by Gwen Cooper
Price: $9.63
265 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A special and wonderful book!, March 13, 2011
"Homers Odyssey" is one of those books that you pick up and buy and it's story stays with you. What a special and wonderful book. I bought this book during a down time for me and Homer taught me a few things! Lol Thank you Homer! You are my friend and I love your book! Meow! :-)

Beacon Dictionary of Theology
Beacon Dictionary of Theology
by Richard S. Taylor
Price: $46.79
22 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best theology resource I've ever had!, February 24, 2011
My pastor has this book and recomended it to me. I was so glad Amazon had it to buy. I bought it and what a treasure it is. It explains theological terms and issues within the Wesleyan theology. I highly recomend this book!

What Every Christian Ought to Know: Basic Answers to Questions of the Faith
What Every Christian Ought to Know: Basic Answers to Questions of the Faith
by Richard Shelley Taylor
Price: $11.69
34 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference Book!, February 24, 2011
I have always liked Richard S.Taylors books and this one is also great. Its a perfect reference book that has really helped me with the heavier theology books. SOmetimes knowing the answer first can help one find why its the answer and this book does that! I bought 2 copies and may get more for friends and my church.

Page: 1 | 2