Profile for Richard G. Adams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Richard G. Adams RSS Feed (Houston ,Texas USA)

Crash Course: The American Automobile Industry's Road from Glory to Disaster
Crash Course: The American Automobile Industry's Road from Glory to Disaster
by Paul Ingrassia
128 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kudos to the author. Very well done, February 26, 2010
This is an excellent book. On the one hand, I really enjoyed reading about the history of the auto history. I'm in my late 50s and reading about old brands of cars from the 50s onward was fascinating. On the other hand, reading about the financial history of the companies and the reason for their economic collapse was also very illuminating. I also recently read "Too Big To Fail" and "House of Cards" both about our recent financial panic. Both were quite good but "Crash Course" was even better. It was hard to put down and go to bed.

No End in Sight: Iraq's Descent into Chaos
No End in Sight: Iraq's Descent into Chaos
by Charles H. Ferguson
108 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacked balance, July 3, 2009
I wasn't very impressed with this book. I felt it lacked objectivity and was a bit too drawn out in numerous cases. The author seemed to have an axe to grind with the Bush administration. While I am not very sympathetic
with the Bush administration's management of the war, this book appears to be just one of many liberal denunciations of the war. In other words, I really didn't learn much new. I also prefer to read more balanced accounts of contemporary history.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2011 7:33 PM PST

Columbine
Columbine
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Grim subject not for the squeamish, July 3, 2009
This review is from: Columbine (Kindle Edition)
This is a well written work of contemporary history. Kudos to the author for writing a well researched through analysis of the trajedy. He really got inside the mind of the killers.