Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for The BookWhisperer > Reviews

Browse

The BookWhisperer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 925

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The BookWhisperer "The BookWhisperer" RSS Feed (Indiana)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jacob (Kings of Guardian Book 1)
Jacob (Kings of Guardian Book 1)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The BookWhisperer, April 24, 2016
Jacob had its grip on me in the first page. It starts out with Tori in her prison cell praying for a rescue or the end of her life so that she no longer has to live through the torture. Enters Jacob King and his crew who take down the warlords and finds Tori in her beaten state. During the flight home, Jacob and Tori make a date that a year from today they will meet at a restaurant to have their favorite steak dinner. When that day comes, there is a lot of sexy heat in the restaurant and I found myself really liking the book and where it was going.

Jacob and his crew are grounded so they follow Tori back to her father’s farm and help out, finding that it is something that they enjoy and they decide that setting up a rehabilitation for injured men there could help out all the men in the Guardian world. Jacob and his crew’s interaction and laid back vibe was nice to read when they were at the farm getting back to their roots but when they left is when things changed for me.

I felt that it moved at a fast pace from there…the relationship between Jacob and Tori and the budding relationships between some of the crew and other characters. I also felt that the Guardian accepting Tori into their mix and hiring her in, when they deal with such classified information and truly not knowing much about her, seemed a little weird. I believe that I had a problem with the quick plot line and trust that the second half of the book didn’t hold my attention like the first half.

But I will say that there is something about Tori’s sister and Doc’s relationship that has me very intrigued and I want to read their book to see what happens.

Dirty: A Dive Bar Novel
Dirty: A Dive Bar Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The BookWhisperer, April 24, 2016
I must say that I was surprised about how much I liked this book. There were many laughable moments that came from just silly antics and it made me like this book even more.

The first laughable moment came when Lydia becomes the coolest runaway bride ever. Climbing over a fence and breaking into a house to sit in the bathtub while contemplating your future was good enough, then throw in the house owner is seconds away from jumping in the shower and finds you makes it even better. Oh, did I mention that he is naked? That is what happens to Lydia and it just gets better from there.

Both Lydia and Vaughan are just what each other needs to get through this rough time. Lydia has self-doubt because her jerk-face ex-fiancé instilled it in her. Vaughan needs someone to be in his childhood home because he has never faced it alone. Together, they have hilarious moments, sweet moments, and eye-opening moments. They realize what is missing in their world and start to work on getting themselves to where they need to be with the encouragement of each other.

This book also opens up a series for the wonderful characters we meet and I am excited to see where we go from here…especially Nell and Pat.

Her Fantasy Husband (Things To Do Before You Die)
Her Fantasy Husband (Things To Do Before You Die)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The BookWhisperer, April 24, 2016
Nina Croft pleasantly surprised me with this book because I walked into it thinking that it was going to be a very common-themed story line and it wasn’t by all means.

Lexi is married to Josh but they are not even a couple. It is a rouse so that she can maintain her inheritance instead of her dreadful grandmother and Josh agreed to it a long time ago for the payout. However, with five years of legal but fake marriage and a near death experience under his belt, Josh wants an annulment so that he can start living his life but Lexi won’t have it until she has passed the set age so she can fully be able to obtain her inheritance.

This book is a cute story about two people, who quickly got married five years ago and who hasn’t seen each other since, and the relationship that starts to build once they start figuring out who they are to each other. But it isn’t a quick spark at first. Josh really is frozen inside to the idea of love and especially the idea of loving his wife and Lexi, being herself, slowly start to thaw him out.

Hardball: (A Sports Romance Standalone)
Hardball: (A Sports Romance Standalone)
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The BookWhisperer, April 24, 2016
My first book by C.D. Reiss and I will say that I liked HardBall. I felt that Dash and Vivian were solid characters, both opposite in a world of fame and fortune but kindred spirits in classical literature. (Which let me say as a side note that I loved that Dash could quote Shakespeare and was a bookworm! He is not a sexy, dumb jock…he is a sexy, smart jock.) Their fated way of meeting was adorable and so was their banter.

Reiss also produced two sweet as pie characters: Vivian’s stepfather could quite possibly be the cutest secondary character that I have ever read. His love for Vivian shined on the pages off of the pages and into my heart. And Iris, a little girl that is one of Vivian’s students.

While I liked the two main characters, I felt as if there were moments that I felt didn’t add up. Vivian stood up for herself throughout most of the book but then at the end kind of faltered. She is a strong character that knew Dash’s luck was not because of her and the pre-game rituals but was because of Dash’s talent and love for the game. However, I felt like when she rode herself ragged by flying out to every game to be his good luck charm, even after she said no to his request in the beginning, it made me think that she didn’t firmly stand her ground and that this just solidified Dash into believing that she was his lucky charm. And I found that Dash was so headstrong about his routines and lucky charms that the ending didn’t sit well with me. To me, it would have taken a lot more than what happened to change his thinking and ways. This left me liking the book but not 100% loving it. It still is a good book with two great characters and a beautiful story about love but for me it felt like the ending had to be wrapped up quickly instead of letting it flow.

Rough Rhythm: A Made In Jersey Novella (1001 Dark Nights)
Rough Rhythm: A Made In Jersey Novella (1001 Dark Nights)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The BookWhisperer, April 24, 2016
Lita and James made a few small appearances in Crashed Out and their story intrigued me so I found myself extremely excited when the ebook popped up as an ARC.

I think that I am going to be the minority here when I say that while I was excited to start the book, that excitement didn’t continue all the way throughout the book. Nothing really grabbed a hold of me and kept me glued to the pages. I don’t know if it was because Lita was constantly poking the bear James and was surprised when he would turn around and bite or that James held back for so long and while the moment that he explodes was hot, I didn’t like how he retreated afterwards. It felt like a very unstable relationship was building and then it would crumble and then it would build again. That repetitive action got a little old for me. The clarity for James at the end was great because it helped him realize why what he craves isn’t bad but it came as a surprise on who opened his eyes when he didn’t even want to see James.

I did find the bedroom time written well. I think this is the first kind of style fantasy that I have read from Tessa and she did a great job writing it and making it hot.

Aphrodite: Book 1 Aphrodite Trilogy (The Daughters of Zeus 4)
Aphrodite: Book 1 Aphrodite Trilogy (The Daughters of Zeus 4)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The BookWhisperer, April 12, 2016
Aphrodite picks up right where The Iron Queen left off but from Aphrodite’s point of view. Now, if my memory serves me correctly, Aphrodite was one of the main characters in the last books and was a key player against Persephone because she was made by Zeus and under his control, so initially I didn’t like her.

However this book touches on the suffering that Aphrodite went through while under Zeus’s spell and the fact that she had no control over any of her actions and it made me realize that she wasn’t a jerk of a goddess – she really was a nice girl (well, goddess.) Writing this story from Aphrodite’s POV allows us to know her general concern regarding the missing demigods, the length that she will go to save them, her comradely with her fellow god and goddesses, and her allegiance to Persephone.

Without spoiling anything, I will say that I was very surprised how this book turned out. There were a few twist that I saw coming but one big one that I did not. Bevis sure did keep me at the edge of my seat; engrossed in the story, and worried about how this was all going to play out.
~MC

Stuck-Up Suit
Stuck-Up Suit
by Vi Keeland
Price: $11.70
43 used & new from $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The BookWhisperer, April 12, 2016
This review is from: Stuck-Up Suit (Paperback)
This book was so much more than I thought it was going to be. I had a general expectation starting the first page but it turned out to be so much more. At first, it took me a little while to get into Soraya’s characters, so much more than it took me to get into Graham’s character but once I got to the part where their characters finally got to meet, I was completely sold. Something about the two of them together just made sense and made the world right.

Soraya is the kind of girl that speaks her mind and she has a lot to say about the jerk-face Graham when he snubs her after she brings him his lost cell phone. However, this very vocal aversion against Graham makes him find her extremely attractive and instead of his normal, grumpy self, he starts to lighten up a little and becomes a lot more human than expected thus starts their relationship. It’s beautiful, it’s relearning how to love and be loved again, and it is very real with highs and lows.

Keeland and Ward’s collaboration brings moments full of laughter and sexy times, moments comprised of love, and a very unseen twist. This twist is something that rocks Soraya and Graham’s new relationship to the core and I didn’t even see it coming until the exact moment it was revealed. From there, it was an emotional read for me. Two people who very much love each other but come to the crossroads of how to deal with the surprise that has just been thrown into their lives.

I have read Keeland and Ward’s other writings together and I will have to say that by far, this one is my favorite.
~MC

Stylus Pen, Ace Teah™ 12 Pack Compacitive Portable 2 in 1 Styli Restractbale Ballpoint Pen & Touch Stylus for Universal Touch Screens Devices - Orange, Black, Red, Green, Blue, Purple
Offered by Ace Teah
Price: $21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't like these pens at all, April 6, 2016
I don't like these pens at all. They look like they would be well built and sturdy. They are neither! They are also so short that when I grip them the clip is jabbing my hand. I am a penaholic, and I know these will be ones that I have around and seldom use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2016 2:27 AM PDT

iPad Stylus,Skoloo 14 Pack 2 in 1 Slim Long Click Ink Stylus Ballpoint Pen For Universal Android Touch Screen Tablet Smartphone Apple iPad Mini iPhone,Google Nexus,Samsung Galaxy,HTC, Multi-colored
Offered by Skoloo
Price: $11.99

Stylus, F-color™ Black Ink 2 in 1 Ultralight Stylus & Click Ballpoint Pen for Touch Screen, iPhone 6s 6s Plus 6 6 Plus 5 5s 5c, iPad Pro,iPod, Android, Orange Green Blue Purple Red, 10 Pack
Offered by F-color
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the look of these pens, April 6, 2016
I love the look of these pens! The grip is a little difficult, because it allows your hand to slide on the slick barrel. Looks very techy, and colors are awesome.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20