ARRAY(0xad074b7c)

Customer Reviews: 650

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BookWhisperer "Book Whisperer" RSS Feed (Bloomington, IN)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hard As It Gets: A Hard Ink Novel
Hard As It Gets: A Hard Ink Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.12

5.0 out of 5 stars BookWhisperer Review, February 16, 2014
Holy crap, I wanna marry Nick Rixey and I want to be best friends with all of his military boys. That was just a side note, sorry.

I found myself completely engaged throughout the entire story that Kaye has so wonderfully written. There is not a moment where I found myself thinking, “When are we going to get to the good part?” Every second was filled with either drama, suspense, humor, or action; you can’t beat that!

I immediately loved Becca’s character because she was so strong. I mean, of course she was adorable, witty, and intelligent but in this plot line, Kaye wrote such Becca so strong that it was amazing to read. Granted, Becca had her breakdown moments, but who wouldn’t? 99% of the time, she held her head high, asked the right questions, and rocked the situation she was thrown in.

How Becca handled everything so well probably was because she paired up with Nick for his help and I could go on for hours about Nick. He was so perfect so I am just going to leave it at that.

While there is this beautiful attraction between the two, it is not the basis for the story. There is actually a very hard-core story line that sucked me in and took me hostage from the first page.

I cannot wait to read about Shane next. In fact, I’m going to start right now.

Marked. Part II: Becoming Noah Baxter
Marked. Part II: Becoming Noah Baxter
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars BookWhisperer Faves, February 7, 2014
This has been a much anticipated release. After The Missing Link I was so absorbed in this story of mystery and danger; that I was heart broken to discover I was entering a waiting game for book two. I was positively surprised when I received an email from this wonderful author for review copy of the Becoming Noah just last week. There was no time to waste, and I started this one immediately. It has proven to be well worth the wait. Noah and Lily's story continues with the same fervor and vigor that was presented in Missing Link. In the end, I like to think of this story in two parts. Maybe not equal parts, but parts all the same. First, there is what I like to call the pre battle that offered all of the dark and broody Jay that we lusted and loved in the first installment; similarly there is the happy spunky Lily that we can't help but adore. Don't worry the gun toting bad ass that we saw out of her in book one was not the end. So, then this is followed by the post battle that threw me for a loop. The loop being that Jay becomes this character full of emotion and overwhelming dedication. While still completely attractive, but naturally with such a transition it took me a bit to get used to it. More importantly, I think it takes the dark and dangerous character and erased some of the rough edges. This could be seen as a good and bad point, but I would say I reside on the fence of indifference. I still loved his character, but it transforms a bit to more of a sappy love story. It was not what I had anticipated, but it is still appeasing to the reader. These stories have been so exhilarating. I have a deep love for Hitman, Mafia, and MC books; and this series has been by far one of my favorites. Being my first experience with works by J.M. Sevilla I can only hope for more of such thrilling reads. With such talent and great potential there just has to be more in store. ~BookWhisperer Reviewer Jax~
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 10:50 AM PST

Strip Me Bare
Strip Me Bare
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Strip Me Bare Review - MC, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Strip Me Bare (Kindle Edition)
I first was a little iffy when starting this story because once Ryan makes an appearance, which is in the first chapter, I felt like it was a Ping-Pong match with Alana and how she felt about him. One hour she longed for him and missed him terribly, the next hour she was infuriated with him because he left one night five years ago. It took me a while to really understand why this all came about but after hearing Ryan’s story and seeing how truly infatuated with Alana he was, I couldn’t help but love him.

At first, I thought this book was going to be a lovey-dovey story about how two complete opposites meet and are torn apart but strive to over come what society throws at them. However, I came to find out that there are a lot more dark undertones in this story that I expect. It was a nice plot twist because it really made me care for the characters and want their happiness at full force.

I applaud the unconditional love that Ryan and Alana exhibited to each other. Ryan’s a stripper and Alana supported him throughout the whole book (doesn’t mean that she liked it however.) Each worked towards their goal and supported one another. It sincerely made them a perfect couple.

Lovely Vicious
Lovely Vicious

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Vicious Review - MC, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Lovely Vicious (Kindle Edition)
Wow, I did not expect such an emotionally driven story told from a teenage girl's perspective. At first, I thought that Lovely Vicious was going to be wonderful because Isis declares war on Jack Hunter and you can't beat the crazy things that they do to get at each other. Both characters are so witty and take 'this means war' to the extreme. Sometimes, it was hard to believe that no parental guardians stepped in to douse this fiery hatred they had for each other; especially Mr. Evans.

However, there is a lot more to this book than one-upping the other. Isis has a sad past that has made her grow up faster than she should and a she presents an over-proactive streak since she never stood up for herself. Jack is an enigma in himself. Dangerously handsome, he shies away from being popular and can be quite rude when needed (and not needed.) These two characters battle it out with each other but slowly they learn about each other's pasts and find that while they are jaded now, there is still hope left.

Wolf wrote amazing supporting characters that I fell in love with and truly want to know more about; especially Sophia. I can't wait until the second installment to see where this will all lead.

I fell in love with the quote below. Wolf writes about how amazing broken Isis is but also how strong her character becomes to be.

“She was probably a trusting, naïve girl before him, like a daisy. And then he came, and pulled her petals off one by one, forcing her to surround herself with thorns to survive. But he missed on petal. And she guards it with a tiger’s ferocity.”

Large Black Volleyball Love Drawstring Gym Bag
Large Black Volleyball Love Drawstring Gym Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Drawstring bag, February 2, 2014
Got this for my daughter for Christmas, and she loves it. I do wish that drawstrings weren't quite so long, but it is great and she uses it for Volleyball practice regularly.

The Thrill of It (No Regrets)
The Thrill of It (No Regrets)

3.0 out of 5 stars BookWhisperer Reviews, January 29, 2014
What a horrible Mother???? Harley's mother in this story makes me sick. As a Mother of a young girl I could not even imagine any Mother that would push her child toward guys. Worse is that she attempts to instill such traits even before she was an appropriate age. My heart poured out for this young woman that is living the consequences of what she has been taught. That being said there comes a point when anyone can determine right from wrong, so I don't know that I truly feel that her mother pushed her to, for lack of a better word, prostitution. Though I do feel that her Mother taught the characteristic need for love. She was trained from the start to find companionship for happiness, and it is also essential for Sex to accompany this relations. This behavior has not only taught Harley a very unhealthy behavior of codependency, but she has also scarred this young girl by causing feeling of being adequate. With the progression of the story this did not seem to improve. If anything it worsened up to the world shifting climax that shows this woman for her true colors. This Mother continues to leave me appalled at each turn, and I cringed with anxiety every time this young woman step back in the direction of her past. From the start Trey is a bright light in this dimmed world, and I am rooting for the two of them the duration of of the story. If I wasn't distraught enough over the actions of Harley's Mom; I was completely blown away when I discover the when and why of Harley's blackmail. This Mother does not deserve, nor appreciate the devotion of this young woman not matter what her wrong choices were. This is a horrible display of parenting, and a very depressing story line. It does prove to create quite an intriguing story, but please be forewarned that this not an easy light entertaining read. Readers should prepare themselves for the suspenseful and vile story that it truly is.

~BookWhisperer Reviewer Jax~

Nothing Left to Lose
Nothing Left to Lose

5.0 out of 5 stars BookWhisperer Favorite, January 22, 2014
Nothing Left to Lose was a must read from the moment I discovered it. After my experience with The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window I had to see if this author was truly as talented as I believed. So Is It?????? Heck yes!!!! Kirsty Moseley has just proven yet again her talent and abilities. Actually, she just might have proven even better than I remembered. Her story line is one that will stay with you long after the last word. Annabelle taking center stage will demand your most compassionate of emotions as you walk through this vivid display of her past. It is horrible to see the level of violence and abuse that a person can actually survive. I use the term survive loosely, because she appears to be a very thin shell of a person until Ashton comes along. It is heart breaking to see this young woman that can not even let another person touch her without having a panic attack. Even her own parents are estranged to this young lady, and what remains of her life surrounds her in fear and loneliness. When Ashton enters the picture there is no doubt for readers the direction that this will take. Suspense is not a key component of this novel, but the more of a building and love of such incredible depth that readers will find themselves moved. Nothing Left to Lose is extremely long, but it is constant steady pace that will carry readers through. With every step forward readers become more engrossed into the story that will absorb you into it's very pages. I love everything about Ashton and Annabelle, and craved every minute with them. I do feel in the end that the story was possibly longer than actually necessary, but that fact does not hinder the quality of the story. I just felt that once I had completed it could have been edited to develop just a bit quicker. Both stories that I have read by Moseley have that in common. As I said before this does not hinder the story, and readers will overcome the length because of the excellence of the story that is building. Nothing Left to Lose is your HEA, but it will take you quite a journey to discover. Kirsty Moseley is a BookWhisperer Favorite Author, and you can look for more to come by this incredible author.
~BookWhisperer Reviewer Jax~

Alive (The Crave)
Alive (The Crave)

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Whisperer's Review, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Alive (The Crave) (Kindle Edition)
As a huge fan of The Walking Dead, I knew I had to get my hands on this book when I read the synopsis (especially since TWD is on a break right now…I need my zombie fix.)

Whoa! Alive was so much darker than I expected it to be when I started reading the first pages. It was very intriguing to read how Eve’s has battled through all this darkness in her life but still has the push to survive every day (minus that one episode.) I was surprised to read about a character that was such a fighter given her youth. It was tough to read how crazy religious her parents were, how horribly mean they treated Eve, and how she never had an escape from being treated poorly; most children could escape by attending school, but Eve was bullied there as well. However, her strength resided in the fact that she fights to find her sister, Olive, every day and ended up running into Gage, a former acquaintance.

Once Gage enters the picture, you are given snippets into Eve’s youth. You learn how they met, how their friendship bloomed, and how it all crumbled down in a second. You really do feel for Eve in every chapter because it seems as if when there might be a split second of sunshine in her life, a massive storm comes in and wipes out the chance.

Gage was a good character to place beside Eve. He brought out her past memories and you learn why Eve is the way she is now but you also get to read sections that are told from Gage’s perspective and you learn a lot more about him and his struggles. If it wasn’t for Gage’s chapters, I would have never believed how he truly felt about Eve because it felt like he was handing her the crappy end of the stick all the time.

Olive, on the other hand, infuriated me until the very end. The very end! I truly hated her character and then in the end, I kinda felt bad for her. I know that the second book is based on Olive’s perspective and first I thought, “Nope, don’t like her, don’t want to read it,” but now I am intrigued.

On a personal note, it was hard to read how her parents were so crazy religious and horrible people at the same time. I just want to say that not all religious people are crazy like this but I do understand that it makes for a good story. ☺

Safe With Me (With Me In Seattle)
Safe With Me (With Me In Seattle)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BookWhisperer's Review:, January 11, 2014
Out of all of the books, this is the one I wanted my greedy hands on the most. OHHHHHHHH, Caleb!!!! I loved everything about this book. I loved that Caleb was an ex-SEAL (I love SEALs.) I loved how he fought his feeling for Brynna and she would just bluntly tell him that she wanted him. I love their moments together. I loved how the Brynna’s girls immediately opened up to Caleb and loved him and how he loved her girls. I loved the danger in this book. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G! (Minus the heart break in it because mine broke right along with Brynna’s heart.)

I also loved Maddie and Josie and how absolutely adorable they were. They were both so sweet and accepting of Caleb. *Spoiler* And when they called him ‘Daddy’ I about cried. It stopped my heart for a moment.

If you liked the other books in the series then I have no doubt that you will love this one.

Quote: “You got it bad,” Nat remarked and snickers. “Welcome to the club.”
“What club?”
“The ‘I Love a Hot Man’ club, sweetheart.”

I wanna be a part of this club!

4.5 Stars

Play With Me (With Me In Seattle)
Play With Me (With Me In Seattle)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars BookWhisperer Review, January 11, 2014
I loved the snippet that we got to see in the second book of Will meeting Megan for the first time at the diner. He was all about her and she wanted nothing to do with him…and I loved that. I knew that it was going to make Play With Me wonderful because she still wants nothing to do with him in the beginning in their book. She tries so hard to stay away from him but he doesn’t give her the option and opens up a floodgate of emotions for Megan.

I liked seeing how their relationship grew with every chapter when events would put it to the test. I loved seeing Will spoil Megan by buying her dresses and coming to her work to visit her patients. It was wonderful to see how Will was immediately infatuated with Megan. He knew she was the one for him but reading how Megan struggled with opening up to Will broke my heart…and his.

A great addition to a fantastic series!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20