Profile for Alphaman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alphaman RSS Feed (Madison, AL USA)

Page: 1 | 2
KAVAJ iPad Air 1 leather case cover "London" for the Apple iPad Air 1 cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature including stylus. Thin Smart Cover as premium accessory for the original Apple iPad Air 1
Offered by KAVAJ_USA
Price: $59.90
2 used & new from $55.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 15, 2015
My wife absolutely loves this case/stylus combo, and it's held up well after a couple months of daily use.

Logitech Remote Replacement Battery 950mAh 3.6V Fits 720, 850, 880, 885, 890 Pro, H880, 900 and Harmony One Advanced remotes ** SHIPS FROM THE USA ** Look for the holographic security label ***replaces R-IG7 NTA2340
Offered by People's Mart
Price: $6.97
5 used & new from $6.49

Transcend JetDrive Lite 330 128 GB Expansion Card for 13-Inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (TS128GJDL330)
Price: $73.99
23 used & new from $62.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with initial performance, May 15, 2015
This is a great little card, and quite the performer. I installed the JetDrive (the fit is flawlessly matched to my rMBP) and noted that the drive came formatted ExFAT; I reformatted it to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). The second thing I did was to run the BlackMagic Disk Speed Test on the drive and came up with the following results:

5GByte test:
Read: 88.1 MBytes / second
Write: 48.6 MBytes / second

1GByte test:
Read: 88.1 MBytes / second
Write: 63.3 MBytes / second

I am suitably impressed, but can't help but wonder if some of the performance complaints some folks have noted are due to the format the drive comes with by default. Formatted as Mac OS Extended, the results I get closely match the manufacturer's stated performance, so I'm satisfied.

GE WH07X10016 Drive Pulley Kit for Washer
GE WH07X10016 Drive Pulley Kit for Washer
Price: $62.11
3 used & new from $39.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the good old pre-knock-knock days, August 18, 2014
Perfect replacement for my GE washer. The old pulley was worn to the point that it would rock back-and-forth on the tub shaft, causing the dreaded loud "KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK" problem during many spin cycles. It took less than 15 minutes to pull the washer out, remove the back panel cover, pop off the belt, unscrew the pulley, and replace it. Four screws and one nut is all that's required to remove for this job!
Suggestion for you do-it-yourselfers: wear mechanics gloves when working with the belt, as not only can you pinch skin under the belt, but you must stick your hands up and around the top of the pulley, where the sharp edge of the back panel can leave your hand raw.

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Apple iPhone 5S Screen Protector Shield Ultra Clear + Full Body Skin Protector & Lifetime Replacements
Offered by New Tech Accessories
Price: $29.95
4 used & new from $10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Just say "no" to hiding your iPhone., August 3, 2014
I love these — who needs a case when you've got one of these? It adds just enough of a sticky grip on an otherwise slick glass and aluminum phone, while adding no bulk so it fits in pockets and mounts that cases prevent you from using. The iPhone is beautiful enough on its own, and really doesn't need to be hidden in a case — this shield allows for that!

LEPOWER Apple Certified 4 Feet (1.2M) Lightning Cable to USB Charge and Sync Charger Cable / MFI Certified Longer 8 Pin Lightning Cable Made for iPhone 6, 6plus,5, 5S, 5C / iPad 4 / Mini / Mini Retina / iPad Air , iPod 7 etc (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, August 3, 2014
A bit thicker and less pliable than the Apple cable, and not really 1' longer — more like 8". But still, longer and apparently more durable.

GE WH08X10024 Driving Belt for Washer
GE WH08X10024 Driving Belt for Washer
Price: $38.31
5 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, when I needed, August 3, 2014
Precise replacement part. For best results, wear mechanic's gloves when mounting the belt, due to the sharp metal edges and potential to pinch your flesh. Wearing gloves will give you the confidence to apply the pressure you need to stretch the belt around the pulleys.
Fast delivery, great price, perfect replacement.

NEW 24V 4A Three Stage Battery Charger For Scooter Wheelchair with US Warranty
NEW 24V 4A Three Stage Battery Charger For Scooter Wheelchair with US Warranty
Offered by Outlet2000
Price: $26.00
2 used & new from $26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Robot battery charger, September 6, 2013
I'm using this to recharge the batteries for my robotic lawn mower. I had to mod my battery packs by adding a 3 pin XLR connector, but once that was done, this unit worked like a charm, charging my dual 20AH 12V battery pack in less time than it took the other battery pack to fully discharge while mowing the lawn!

The charger does have a small fan that comes on when charging. It also has a 2-color LED to indicate the charge state of your battery. This is a really nice feature, especially when considering the price of this charger.

This really can't be beat unless someone wants to give one away for free!

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Apple iPhone 5 Screen Protector Shield, Full Body Skin Protector and Lifetime Replacements
Offered by New Tech Accessories
Price: $14.95
3 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, September 6, 2013
I've applied several screen protectors in my life time. This one was one of the easiest (especially now that I'm a bit more experienced at it), but it was also the most flawless installation I've ever done. I had 3 bubbles the next morning, and by the end of day 2, they were all gone, leaving a perfect, nearly invisible, layer of protection on my iPhone.

I've tried full body protectors before, and the cover on the back or the sides has always been problematic. Not so this one, other than you have to take the time to inspect and plan the installation of all the side pieces, as there is no indication as to which piece goes where. But, with a little forethought and planning, it's obvious how they should be positioned, and once in place, they've stayed there.

I've had this for a couple weeks now, and I must say it's almost like having a new phone. The iPhone 5 feels so much sleeker and slimmer without a case, and unlike the uncovered finish, this full body shield gives it a nice, slip-free grip. I paid less than half for this protector than I did for another name-brand screen-only protector, that had extra large openings and exposed cut-throughs that quickly pulled up and had to be snipped off. This one only has holes big enough for the ear speaker, home button, and camera, and all are precisely placed and have no exposed cut-throughs that would fray.

Highly recommend this protector!

Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for iPad - Black
Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for iPad - Black
Offered by Bedford Mall
Price: $6.93
18 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good folio, January 16, 2011
I'm glad to see that the previous rant that urged people not to buy this case has been deleted - it was what convinced me to buy this case, but I'm sure that many people would not be so counter-inspired. This case deserves a fair shake!

As an owner of the earlier MarWare product, the Eco-Vue, I was looking for a better solution, and much of my review will focus on a comparison of the two products. While I liked it, were were some issues: it was loose, like a baggy sweater or parka on Kate Beckinsale: bulky around something that's svelte and sexy. The CEO Hybrid is a much more form-fitting case. It's about 1/4" thinner, and 1/4" narrower then the Eco-Vue, and it's also about 2 ounces (16%) lighter. These are big features for me. Carrying around my iPad now feels like carrying around an iPad with protection, not a folio with an iPad slipping around somewhere inside it. This case is tight!

The closure mechanism on the CEO Hybrid is much simpler, with no moving parts to wear out - it uses a form-fitting friction grip around your iPad to ensure closure. This is like the other clasps on it that hold your iPad to the case while protecting the corners. The tilt mechanism is better designed, offering multiple viewing angles (8°, 45°, and 60°). They're not completely stable, and I have had my iPad slip out of the second-lowest setting more than once, but that is rare if you simply know it can happen and make a conscious effort to ensure it's snugly in place. The benefits of the multiple viewing angles are great: the two upright angles are good for tabletop or laptop display, but the typing angle is just a tad low for my likes. One good thing about all these viewing positions is that the outside of the case rests on whatever surface you put your iPad on, not the inside (as in the case of the Eco-Vue); this prevents the interior of the case from picking up debris or other schmutz from the surface and then putting it in direct contact with the glass of your iPad when you close your case. This case also does not have the magnetic closures that was a Real Dumb Design Decision for the Eco-Vue (the iPad 3G comes with a compass that was rendered useless by the case until I cut out the magnets, which made the stand a floppy annoyance.)

It should also be noted that the CEO Hybrid cannot be used while the iPad is in it's docking stand; there's room to connect the USB cable with the case on, but it won't fit in the dock without completely removing the case.

And a final note on the odor: I was able to finally come up with another scent that very closely, if not exactly, describes the smell. I also had several people independently confirm that this described it to them: new tires. You know, that acrid rubber smell? It was noticeable whenever I opened the case on the first day I had it, but by the second, I actually had to hold the case within a few inches of my face to detect it; by the fourth day, I literally had to stick my nose into the case to smell it, though on occasion I could detect a faint whiff when first opening the case. However, I just went back and pulled out the original packing material, and the styrofoam insert that came with the device still reeks as strongly as the case did the day I received it from Amazon. I am very suspicious if that might be the actual source of the odor, and not the case itself!

Likes:
* Thin
* Lightweight
* Form-fitting
* Corner protection
* Thickly padded screen protection
* Great looking
* Very versatile
* Great price on Amazon

Dislikes:
* Sliding the iPad in or out can be an exercise in precision, and may activate your sleep button.
* No pocket for business cards or cleaning cloths.
* The lowest, typing angle, is a bit too low and just a little springy.
* The second lowest viewing angle can sometimes slip if you're not careful to ensure the iPad is snugly seated.
* The "carrying handle" is silly, and really should be just a closure elastic (unless you're a 5 year old on your way to Kindergarten!)
* iPad won't fit in dock with case

Overall, the "likes" greatly outweigh the minor "dislikes". This case is a "Buy!"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2011 10:42 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2