Profile for Whirlwind > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Whirlwind RSS Feed

The Blazing World: A Novel
The Blazing World: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning novel!, March 18, 2015
Excellent novel that reads like non-fiction. Author's use of voices is remarkable. To say that it is about woman's empowerment vastly short changes this transcendent novel.

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings (the Hobbit / the Fellowship of the Ring / the Two Towers / the
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $21.58
102 used & new from $13.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Junior Inkling!, January 3, 2015
This was a gift for my 17-year-old niece who is also an Inkling fan. While she has tattered paperbacks of all four books, she was thrilled to have a nice,clean boxed set. Well-done, Amazon!

TOTO SW542#01 Washlet B200 Elongated, Cotton
TOTO SW542#01 Washlet B200 Elongated, Cotton
Price: $471.56
12 used & new from $330.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Much improved, less expensive, and marvelous features., November 22, 2014
I already owned an older model washlet and was seeking one with similar features for a second bath. While I thought the lid-raising and auto-flush features were A bit excessive, i wanted the other features. What I did not expect was the deodorizing feature. It is wonderful! This model is also smaller and has a more streamlined profile than my older model (that looks a bit clunky by comparison). And the remote is smaller, can be programmed for 2 users, and can be wall-mounted or tucked into a nearby drawer. This is a life-changing device for elderly or those of us with disabilities.
Note: with all the Washlets, you must have a GFI receptacle near the toilet.

Orphan Black Season 1 [HD]
Orphan Black Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!, May 7, 2014
We came to this late, but when we did, we had to binge-watch so that we could get into Season 2. The writing, performances, settings are first-rate.

Cluedo Sherlock Edition
Cluedo Sherlock Edition
Offered by Buy 4 Less UK
Price: $39.12
18 used & new from $39.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled to be able to buy it!, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Cluedo Sherlock Edition (Toy)
I had been trying to purchase this in the US for a gift for at least three years. I even called the BBC store in London to order it, but because of some arcane regulation, they could not ship to the US. BBC America site didn't have it, either, nor did any of the PBS outlets. Just when I thought I would have to make a trip to London, I found it on Amazon! I was thrilled! The delivery time was projected to be 6 weeks, but that was okay. After all. I'd been at this a while. My delight increased when it arrived at my door within 10 days! Yay AMAZON! Thanks!

Blanco 512472 Solon Compost System, Inset, Stainless Steel
Blanco 512472 Solon Compost System, Inset, Stainless Steel
Price: $308.53
9 used & new from $233.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, with reservations., November 29, 2013
This is exactly what I needed as a committed composter. I was tired of the pail on the counter, and this sits flush with the granite countertop. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the price; it's way over the top; even my most expensive piece of high-end stainless cookware didn't cost this much.
For new construction and installation, I offer these cautions. First,: some stone fabricators lack the equipment to make the hole properly. Check with your fabricator before you commit. Mine had to be hand-chiseled, and while this was fine, it was labor-intensive. Second, make sure you have space under the counter. The can is deep and rests entirely below counter-level, so there must be "dead space"--no drawers.

Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar with Subwoofer - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar with Subwoofer - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
5 used & new from $140.00

2.0 out of 5 stars You may need tech support, and they are super!, November 29, 2013
While it works great, it is a bear to hook up. I use a UVerse box, a bluray player, an HD television, and all must integrate. It's a beast (optical cable, anyone? Never heard of it before). Once together, though, the sounds is wonderful--a real improvement over the tinny speakers of my Samsung TV. Samsung, are you listening?

Alpha House Season 1 [HD]
Alpha House Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well played, gentlemen!, November 29, 2013
Funny, witty, biting and incisive satire. Exactly what I would suspect from Trudeau and Alter. Well played, gentlemen! Glad to see Clark Johnson on this side of the camera. We've missed him since "Homocide." Who knew he was so good at comedy? And I'm convinced that John Goodman can do anything! What a talent!

Hansgrohe 27390001 Puravida 400 Showerhead with Ceiling Mount, Chrome
Hansgrohe 27390001 Puravida 400 Showerhead with Ceiling Mount, Chrome
Price: $892.45
10 used & new from $823.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product!, June 3, 2013
I was concerned about water pressure, but knowing Hansgrohe, I should not have been worried. This showerhead performs superbly! I am delighted with my purchase.

Amazon Kindle UK (Type G) Power Adapter (Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX)

4.0 out of 5 stars No more power converter!, May 26, 2012
This is something I've longed for; for years I've toted a heavy, brick-like power converter to Europe so that I could charge my Kindle. All my other gadgets just need the appropriate adaptor, but this one had been a problem. No longer! The adaptor is lightweight and takes up little space in my carry-on bag. I just don't know why I'd not thought of this before. And if I'm on the Continent, I can use a two-prong adaptor that I always carry with me.