Profile for K. A. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. A. RSS Feed (Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2
Newpoint Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector
Newpoint Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector
Price: $8.87 - $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mattress protector, January 25, 2010
We just bought a latex bed and wanted to make sure we didn't have any moisture go through. The cover is absolutely waterproof (we poured water on it and tried to get it to soak through before we put it on the bed, and it only was wet on top, despite squeezing). It is very comfortable to sleep on--not a plastic feel at all like so many we looked at. Soft and pleasant. The label says not to dry it in the dryer, so I wouldn't risk that if you want the waterproof quality to last.

Breadman TR875 2-Pound Breadmaker, Stainless Steel
Breadman TR875 2-Pound Breadmaker, Stainless Steel
3 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for all kinds of bread, October 28, 2009
We have had our Breadman for over 2 years. It has not had any trouble. We generally make 1-2 loaves of whole wheat bread a week, along with one batch of white dough that we make for buns. I've used the delay function (works very well), the rapid function (also great for when I forget I need a loaf sooner than I started it), and have tried various crust brownness. They all turn out wonderfully and are good for different purposes. The gluten-free recipes are good and easy. My 9-year-old daughter is capable of starting the loaf and dough recipes. I know some people complain about not having a loaf that is rectangular, but I simply cut the top off our bread, use it for smaller pieces of toast or toddler sandwiches, and have a perfectly sized loaf left for sandwiches. I figure I get at least 20 servings (one slice each, including the top pieces 2=1 slice) from each loaf, and it is all-natural. Get a good bread knife and you'll never be sorry to not taste a store-loaf again. Soak the pan for a minute in water and it takes about a minute to clean. If you use more than a loaf of bread a week (including hamburger or hot dog buns) you will make up the price of this machine in less than a year and eat healthier doing it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs exactly as advertised, December 22, 2008
I've had my aquapac mp3 player for over 3 months now. I use it for lap swimming and I just tuck it in the top of my swimsuit (it comes with an armband, but my arms are too small for it). It keeps the player completely dry. The buttons are easy to use under the plastic.

I squeeze my 30 G Zune in it (even though it says it won't fit). It is extremely difficult to get it in and out of the pouch because the hook-up jack is rather short inside the pack (any smaller mp3 players would be perfect). However, once you do wiggle it in it works perfectly. If you do own a Zune and want to use it for water exercise, you will want to keep it inside the pac, and not take it in and out (too much work--it takes about 5-10 minutes because you want to be careful with the pouch). So plan on the player being a bit more bulky outside the water, too. I even had to contact Aquapac's customer service and get a replacement under warranty for a wiring issue and they were very helpful. Overall, the ability to listen to quality sound underwater makes endless laps go quickly and is worth the $40 price I paid. You'll also need waterproof earbuds, sold seperately.

Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids - Gray
Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids - Gray
Offered by Kidz Gear - US
Price: $19.99
9 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a set for under 5, December 3, 2008
This set is wonderful--best I've seen for little heads. It really does fit 2 year-olds (unlike most other "kid" headphones), and my 5 year-old loves them, as well (we are going to order a second pair). They are sturdy and comfortable, with padding around the ears. They could also fit older children until their ears started being closer to adult size (the padding is the only thing stopping these for working for an adult since the padding doesn't sit around the ear for adults, but ON parts of the ear--the headphones themselves are plenty big enough when you adjust them). Definitely worth $15-20 to not have headphones for trips that fall off or have to be fiddled with every 2 minutes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2011 12:19 PM PDT

Impromptus, Op. 90 (Alfred Masterwork Edition)
Impromptus, Op. 90 (Alfred Masterwork Edition)
by Franz Schubert
Price: $8.99
30 used & new from $4.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Best edition I've found, August 17, 2008
Good footnotes, good fingering. Spread out well on the page (not squished like other editions). Would recommend for students. Great collection to own, as well. Print of high-quality.

Chicago Girl's Adjustable Quad Skate
Chicago Girl's Adjustable Quad Skate

5.0 out of 5 stars Great skates, December 19, 2007
These skates are perfect for fast-growing feet. They give good support and kids can easily tighten them themselves. My 7 year-old daughter loves them. The wheels roll smoothly. A child will probably need help making the skates bigger or smaller.

The Art of Natural Family Planning
The Art of Natural Family Planning
by John F. Kippley
Price: $63.00
199 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a better book is available, December 19, 2007
This book has been the Couple to Couple League's "handbook" for the last 30 years or so. It has a lot of information, but is cumbersome to the beginner. It also is very preachy, even to practicing Catholics. It teaches 4 rules for postponing pregnancy and is overly complicated. The sections on mucus can be confusing.

The Couple to Couple League has just come out with all-new materials for the sympto-thermal method. It is "The Art of Natural Family Planning Student Guide." It is modernized and straight forward. It still encompasses religious reasons for choosing NFP, but it does so with respect for the reader. It is mostly used in conjunction with the live courses, but it can also be used alone. The 4 rules of the other book have been combined into one easy rule. It is still 99.9% effective, they have just found a better way to teach it after 30+ years of experience. The mucus explanations are highly friendly to the new user. I haven't found the new one yet on Amazon, but you can get it through the Couple to Couple League for now. I recommend it over the older one.

The Young Peacemaker Book Set
The Young Peacemaker Book Set
by Corlette Sande
16 used & new from $8.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not actually 13 piece set, November 28, 2007
The workbooks themselves look fine. I gave this 1 star because it is NOT a 13-piece set. You do not get "The Peacemaker" with it. Amazon tried 3 different times to make my order right and finally gave up. Don't order this expecting a 13 piece set.

Disney Princess Toddler Adjustable Skates (knee pads) Combo Set
Disney Princess Toddler Adjustable Skates (knee pads) Combo Set

3.0 out of 5 stars good for smaller feet, September 26, 2007
Like others have said, it only fits to about a size 9 toddler shoe. They are decent skates for little guys, and the "stop wheel" functions all work fine. I might check my local thrift store before I bought them brand-new. I found some for just a couple bucks.

I Hate My Teddy Bear
I Hate My Teddy Bear
by David McKee
3 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, January 18, 2007
This review is from: I Hate My Teddy Bear (Paperback)
Excellent book for children. The story is so typical of kids, plus the pictures have all sorts of funny things happening--you can pour over them for hours. Both older children (around 10) and younger (preschool) will like this book.

Page: 1 | 2