Profile for B. BIRD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. BIRD "SoTex junkie" RSS Feed (SAN ANTONIO, TX United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Dell 45W Replacement AC Adapter for Dell
Dell 45W Replacement AC Adapter for Dell
Offered by red_planet_trading
Price: $27.00
15 used & new from $18.22

2.0 out of 5 stars and that one works like a champ, September 18, 2014
This adapter did not fit my Dell XPS 13-L321X. And the responses I received from other verified users were 50/50 "Yes, it works on mine." and "No, it did not fit mine." And I was really specific about which model I owned. Buyer beware. I had to order from a different dealer, and that one works like a champ, and is much thinner than the original brick that came with the XPS 13.

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0  (Black) STDR1000100
Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 (Black) STDR1000100
Price: Click here to see our price
86 used & new from $59.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked (Synced) Once - Then Never Again, September 4, 2014
Where to start? I got a great deal on this very portable drive and had high expectations. The one feature that drew me to the purchase was the ability to store my iPhone 5 photos and videos in one place. There are three requirements to move photos and videos to the drive: a wi-fi connection; the Seagate Dashboard; and the iPhone app. Check, check and check.
The Dashboard was easy to install (it was included on the drive itself) as was the Seagate Backup app on the phone. I set up my account on both my PC and phone, then set up a backup plan on the app. Easy. I made my first transfer from my phone to the drive within a half an hour of opening the packaging.
A few days later, I went to transfer more photos and videos, and the app gave me "Failed to detect drive" message. What the what? Nothing had changed. Same wi-fi, same backup plan and same PC. Literally NOTHING changed. But I kept getting the message although I can see the device in My Computer, and my wi-fi router shows the drive connected.
So I uninstalled the Dashboard and downloaded another copy directly off of Seagate's website. I deleted the app off of the phone and went to work to reinstall the file from the website and reinstall the app on my phone. Finger's crossed.
I set up the Dashboard and the app and then got the dreaded "Failed to detect drive." I now have a perfectly working slim portable hard drive that fails to do the one thing I purchased it for - effortless backup of my iPhone pictures and videos. My advice? Stay away if you want the promised convenience of wi-fi transfers from iPhone to drive. Frustrating experience, to say the least

Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (Silver)(STBU1000101)
4 used & new from $64.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Buggy PC/APP Software, August 6, 2014
The first time I synced my iPhone pics to the drive over wifi using the Seagate Dashboard PC software and iPhone app, everything worked perfectly. Ever since, the PC program fails to see the iPhone, and the app fails to see the plugged in drive (although the drive is listed and usable using explorer. I guess I'll just use the device as a portable hard drive, although I purchased it specifically for saving stuff via wifi from my iPhone.

LB1 High Performance Battery for Dell W953G Laptop Notebook Computer PC (4cell 14.8V 2600mAh) 18 Months Warranty
Offered by LB1 HIGH PERFORMANCE
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $34.95

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, July 24, 2014
The battery was dead on arrival. Not sure what went wrong, but some of the reviews indicate the company might be having a quality control problem.

Jack Reacher [HD]
Jack Reacher [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, February 20, 2014
If you were a fan of Top Gun, then take that basic script and apply it to homicide detective meets smart woman. Just unwatchable.

OverDrive: Library eBooks & Audiobooks
OverDrive: Library eBooks & Audiobooks
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 15 Book a Month Limit at My Library, January 8, 2014
But I'm not complaining. The expired copyright section is impressive, but the navigation is horrible. A large selection of contemporary books in all major genres is available. I currently have one book checked out (Freakonomics) and I have 21 days to read and return. Absolutely stellar integration with my local library. Highly recommend this app if you own a library card in your supported city.

Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Standing Leather Origami Case (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"), Black
Price: $69.99
17 used & new from $28.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy,but Worth It, January 8, 2014
This case makes the HDX twice as heavy, but I like how easy it is to keep it safe and secure. An added bonus, when you slide your HDX up to the first detent, the camera is automatically engaged without having to log in first.

Instapaper
Instapaper
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Long Trips with Internet Access, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Instapaper (App)
This app is easily worth $2.99. I have the Chrome add-on, so it makes it very easy to save long form journalism for later reading. I love it.

Descending Son
Descending Son
Price: $2.00

3.0 out of 5 stars My first Kindle book, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Descending Son (Kindle Edition)
I've never been a fan of vampire stories, and I went into this book blind. Not until I was too far in did I realize "I'm reading a vampire novel." I was happily surprised with the pace of the writing and the skill of the writer. I'm still not a fan of vampire books, but I really enjoyed the escape.

Cuisinart 725-30D Chef's Classic Stainless 12-Inch Everyday Pan with Dome Cover
Cuisinart 725-30D Chef's Classic Stainless 12-Inch Everyday Pan with Dome Cover
Price: $28.19
14 used & new from $28.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, December 4, 2013
If you purchase this for your average, never-been-in-the-kitchen college student with his/her first non-dorm apartment, you're doing it wrong.This is a good pan for someone with at least *some* experience in mom's and dad's kitchen. Otherwise, it is a take-no-prisoners approach to heat maintenance. Your recipe for high heat? It will always burn. Your recipe for a simmer? It will scorch.

I have never had a problem with this adequate fry pan with a natural gas stove. But your novice cook on a standard coil electric range? S/he will fail to the point of just substituting with more expensive fast food trips.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6