Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Kids Halloween
Profile for Zen Ko > Reviews

Zen Ko's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zen Ko RSS Feed (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
LG Optimus V Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)
LG Optimus V Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)
24 used & new from $18.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery lasted 3 hours on stand-by!!, August 19, 2011
I bought it from Target for approx $150 on Sunday 8/14/2011.
I returned it to Target 3 days later!!

I opened the phone then charged it for 8+ hours before using it.
I did not activate the phone.
I ran wi-fi on my home network and it worked well.
Big problem was that the battery was dead in less than 3 hours when all I had running was
wi-fi. I charged it a second time with the same results.

Possibly I had a bad battery. At least I hope it was a bad battery.
Anyway it's either a terrible phone or bad quality testing!

I will not be buying another.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2011 7:47 PM PDT

Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot Mysteries)
Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot Mysteries)
by Agatha Christie
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
148 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Who dunnit? Everybody dunnit!!, January 31, 2009
All aboard the Orient Express for murder and mayhem.
Keeps you guessing until the end when the jigsaw reveals itself!
Thanks Agatha!! You kept me guessing to the end!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2010 9:30 PM PDT

A Passage to India (Penguin Classics)
A Passage to India (Penguin Classics)
by E. M. Forster
80 used & new from $1.56

5.0 out of 5 stars old India, January 31, 2009
Wow. This book was written in the 1920's. Before Indian independence and before the separation of Hindu and Islam. When read with this knowledge it really is an incredible novel and explains (indirectly) the many differences between the Hindu and Muslim and British occupiers. It's essentially about the interaction of people from different cultures. I watched the David Lean film after reading the book and , although there were small differences, it was an excellend portrayal of the book. Why is it it in top 100 list? For me it's because of Forster's incredible descriptions and the way he paints a picture with these descriptions. Words to be tasted. Words to be scented. Sometimes the absence of description also adds to the mystery that is India. Wow.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful drums, January 31, 2009
I visited Guitar Centre to check some digital drums to add to my home studio. Luckily I met an experienced drummer (also a customer) in the shop who told me these were the best and also at a great price. I bought them on Amazon to save some money. I've now had them 3 weeks. No problems. Easy to set-up. Feels like I'm playing a real kit with the advantage that I can turn down the volume and not annoy the wife! I have not recorded them onto my studio tracks yet but so far they are great!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2012 12:03 AM PDT

Cannon UP197 Drum Throne
Cannon UP197 Drum Throne
Price: $26.95
12 used & new from $21.89

5.0 out of 5 stars thab throne, January 31, 2009
Cheap but solidly built. No problem for me and cannot see a reason to pay more.

Sharpe's Tiger (Richard Sharpe's Adventure Series #1)
Sharpe's Tiger (Richard Sharpe's Adventure Series #1)
by Bernard Cornwell
Price: $13.17
229 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars fun history lesson!, January 31, 2009
I wish History classes at school were as much fun as this! The lead character, Sharpe, is a vulgar, down-to-earth, moral englishman and skillful soldier born in 'whore steet'. He mixes and gains respect from the elitist British officers. I've read 2 books so far and love the lead character. I also gain a history lesson at the same time! It's fascinating to google the battles and places at the same time as reading the books. Thank-you Mr Cornwell!! I'll read them all.

Polar RS200sd Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Red)
Polar RS200sd Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Red)
Offered by DirectDeals4U
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-Watch, September 28, 2008
I'm in training for the NY Marathon and have been using the Polar RS200sd with footpod and heart monitor for 10 weeks. I made the right choice and I'm extremely happy with the watch. Here are the reasons why:
- Slimline and not bulky like other watches. I wear this for work and it looks just fine!
- Long life battery. Some of the other watches require constant charging.
- Many useful functions. I've only used maybe 40% of the features so far. Most useful to me is 'heart rate zones' and distance/pace measurments.
- Logical and easy to use button layout.
- Heart rate monitor and strap fits well and performs without problem.
- Foot-pod. I'm in marathon training and have not noticed any problems on short or long runs. Good battery life. I've heard some other reviewers say it's not accurate but I've not noticed this. However, I'm not concerned about 100% accuracy! It's possible to calibrate the foot-pod but I've never needed to do it.
- Possible to configure watch screens to display data that you need. e.g. I set up my main screen to display distance and also my pace (my marathon pace is 9 minutes per mile!).
- A nice extra feature is the abilty to change the data screens by briefly pressing the watch against the heart rate strap. I've configured mine to activate the backlight. Useful when running at night!
- I've also configured my watch to automatically take a lap-time at each mile.
- All data can be sent to the webpage tool. The data is sent to the web sonically by placing the watch next to your computer microphone and clicking 'Send' on the watch. The watch beeps for 10 seconds as it automatically sends the data to the webpage. You can then go online and spend hours looking at varous graphs! Very Nice.
- The wrist-strap: at first use it seems a pain to use but now I use it one way when I'm working and another way when I'm running (I use the extra strap for a more secure fit).
- Many other functions that I have not used yet!
- This watch does not have GPS, but at the time of writing this review, all the GPS watches are too bulky and have a very short battery life.

Sennheiser MX 75 Twist-To-Fit Stereo Sport Earbuds (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Joggers Headphones - bad instructions!, September 28, 2008
I've been using these headphones for 2 months now and swear they are the best headphones for jogging. I run 20+ miles a week and the headphones never fall out. However, because of the absence of instuctions it took 2 weeks of experimenting to get the perfect fit!! The headphones come with several attachments that are used to make them fit snuggly in the ears.
I have to use the largest attachments. Also, I have to twist 1 headphone clockwise in 1 ear and anti-clockwise in the other! Also, I now have the wire going up my back and clipped to my running shirt. As I said, a bit of experimenting is required!
So to sum up:
Headphones: 5 stars
Instruction manual: Zero Stars!!

Vancouver (City Guide)
Vancouver (City Guide)
by Insight Guides
30 used & new from $0.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Vunderful Vancouver, September 28, 2008
This review is from: Vancouver (City Guide) (Paperback)
I went to a book store and compared several Vancouver guides. This book was easily the best. I then saved some $s by purchasing at Amazon (shame on me for not putting money into the local economy!).
Marvelous maps. Good guides. Pretty photos. Also contains details of day trips from Vancouver.

I then travelled to Vancouver with my guide book (also Victoria & Whistler). A very beautiful city surrounded by mountains and sea. I can now understand why many people say it's the worlds best city to work and play in. I might go back, permanently!!

AcuRite 00795A2 Galileo Thermometer with Glass Globe Barometer
AcuRite 00795A2 Galileo Thermometer with Glass Globe Barometer
Offered by Great Household
Price: $35.00
8 used & new from $34.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Doh, September 28, 2008
I took it out of the box and put the thermometer and barometer in the wooden base. I very very carefully carried this to a shelf. After 2 steps the thermometer lost balance and fell. Smash. Doh. Lessons learnt. Cry.
Product ****