Profile for Delphine Doreau > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Delphine Doreau "Del4yo" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Electrolux UltraSilencer® Canister Vacuum, EL6986A
Electrolux UltraSilencer® Canister Vacuum, EL6986A
Price: $186.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little powerful machine, August 6, 2014
I just got this and I must say I am very, very impressed. I am used to tweak my appliance here and there for more efficiency, but this one won't need any tweaks.

It is very silent. I had to push it to full power for the sleeping cat to notice it, and this cat is quite paranoid about vacuum cleaners. It's very powerful and I don't think I will need it full power much. Cat can nap. Impressive.

I tested the little "paw" button for pet hair on the brush...On my moroccan low pile carpet that I had already vacuumed....And was very disturbed to watch it vacuum a lot of grey cat hair I didn't noticed before, and the carpet going a shade brighter. Yuuuuuuck. But in a great way.

So for me, a definitive win. I bought this one because it had HPA and was on the smaller side ,I am definitively pleased and would definitely recommend.

A Well-Centaured Love: Ridiculous Romances
A Well-Centaured Love: Ridiculous Romances
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A true love story, February 24, 2014
I am just finished with reading this short novel, and after laughing out loud at almost each sentence , I feel rather frustrated.
First because I read this at the bus stop and now all my neighborhood thinks I'm crazy.
Second because, as all short stories are, it's obviously ... short. I want more.

I do recommand this romance if you are having a bad day. Or a good one, or even a not so good one. It totally made mine.

Janod Kubix - 100 Dominoes
Janod Kubix - 100 Dominoes
Offered by Imagine Toys
Price: $44.95
18 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Janod Kubix - 100 Dominoes (Toy)
I bought this set because I wanted something for a special "mother and kid moment". We like to play with my son after homework time , and this is absolutely perfect.

I recommend this toy for 4 to 7 years old, it requires a bit of logic and an interest for engineering, and to be quiet and patient. Once my son understood the mechanic he was really into it. Getting it right is very rewarding even for an adult! The toy is cute, well designed, the colors are just perfect.

It's perfect for a quiet time after school. We like it very much.

Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes
Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Merci beaucoup, quelle bonne surprise ce livre!, November 23, 2013
I took this book at the Library for fun , being a Parisienne living in America, it looked like the other side of the story. The story is sweet and well written, and an exact sketch of the Paris I know. I keep highlighting things to share with my best friends here.

Now I am buying the book because the author translated most of the recipes we loved back in Paris to American cups and measurement . For an expatriate , this is a delightful and unexpected treasure.

Manhattan Toy Folksy Forester Raccoon
Manhattan Toy Folksy Forester Raccoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and sturdy, September 19, 2013
To my point of view the quality of the toy makes the price right...It's cute and cuddly and perfect for hugs and pretend play. My son sleeps with it and it's nice and cuddly.

I gave stuffed animals from Manhattan toy to my nephews 20 years ago , they still hold well.

You can buy some 5$ crap but won't be as nice...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2015 3:46 AM PDT

English Dragonfly Organic Teas, Cape Malay Rooibos Chai, 0.07-Ounce, 20-Count Box
Price: $6.18
2 used & new from $6.18

5.0 out of 5 stars best non caffeinated chai ever, September 3, 2013
This is the best non caffeinated chai on the market. I wish they had more stock, I would gladly drink it from dawn till dusk.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Chic clogs, June 28, 2013
I love wearing clogs but they often look a bit frumpy. These are quite chic in a sweet boho way.
Like most very good quality clogs you have to break them. I have been wearing these continuously for five days with big socks and now I am good for months to go. Like most stiff leather shoes,wearing them ten minutes and deciding they don't fit is not the right attitude. But do slip them on and wait for them to warm a bit , body heat will make them more supple and comfy.

This said, even broken, the sizes are not correctly translated . I knew it and bought a 9, when I am usually a 8.5

Kinshu: Autumn Brocade
Kinshu: Autumn Brocade
by Teru Miyamoto
Price: $20.71
28 used & new from $5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars One wish : I want more, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Kinshu: Autumn Brocade (Hardcover)
There is a truly wonderful spirit in Mr Miyamoto's work, something that remembers me a bit of Hemingway and Steinbeck even if it is a very different literature : I feel like I can really touch the soul of the characters. We often complain of one dimensional characters and these are bigger than life, and presented in a quiet way. I wish there was more work of Mr Miyamoto's that were translated. We are truly missing something important.

Julia Rothman Typewriter Eco-Journal
Julia Rothman Typewriter Eco-Journal
by Julia Rothman
Edition: Diary
74 used & new from $0.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy something you can't use, June 13, 2012
I thought that this cute thingy would be exactly the right background for collages and fun sketches, but then I noticed the notes at the very end of the journal "No part of this book may be reproduced in any form without written permission"

So basically, THIS IS NOT A JOURNAL. It's a BOOK with an ISBN with only five almost blank pages repeated indefinitely, and you are not supposed to use it unless you keep it for yourself, never blog whatever you made with , never do art in it or take a picture of it.

It might do for a Victorian lady with very private thoughts, but in this age of communication, it's a bit of a useless hipster product.
I do hope Moleskine won't put an ISBN on their sketchbook, or it might get difficult for me to work :D

Evening Clouds: A Novel (Rock Spring Collection of Japanese Literature)
Evening Clouds: A Novel (Rock Spring Collection of Japanese Literature)
by Junzō Shōno
Price: $17.06
39 used & new from $0.11

5.0 out of 5 stars A quiet masterpiece, April 1, 2012
I wish more books from this author were translated in English. I am thinking of learning Japanese to be able to read more for him. I always love when great authors digress from big adventures and great expectations to describe the life and thoughts of their heroes, and this book is all about that. You will see in the back the world evolving and the city growing, but inside the house the comments are the one to be expected from a family going along with progress -or not. I read this book 3 times in 5 years, and might read it again and again with pleasure.

Page: 1 | 2