Profile for ismeta > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ismeta RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2
Buy Jump Ropes Quad Speed Cable Jump Rope, Black
Buy Jump Ropes Quad Speed Cable Jump Rope, Black
Price: $4.15
2 used & new from $4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars this is good for jumping over a rope with!, November 11, 2014
This jump rope works very well for jumping rope. It was difficult to cut through when I was trimming it, so I think it will be durable. You can turn the screw at the ends to set the length, or crush the included metal stopper around the cable end for the same effect. I did both because I'm a belt-and-suspenders type of fella.

Takeya Classic Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve, Black, 22-Ounce
Takeya Classic Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve, Black, 22-Ounce
Price: $17.23
9 used & new from $7.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bottle, with one reservation, October 28, 2014
I have my bottle with me all the time now and love it. I never get the weird plastic-y taste I would sometimes get with my old water bottle. The only downside is the inability to open it with one hand - my plastic bottle had a nice button-operated pop open design, while this bottle just has a big metal screw cap. No big deal, though, once you get used to it.

SANOXY® SATA 2nd HDD caddy for 12.7mm Universal CD/DVD-ROM
SANOXY® SATA 2nd HDD caddy for 12.7mm Universal CD/DVD-ROM
Offered by Poltones
Price: $9.28
11 used & new from $7.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Even fits my DVD drive's face plate!, October 28, 2014
I'm really into this caddy! Installation was super easy and it even has a bunch of holes that seem set up to fit any face plate. Simply pop the face plate off your DVD drive and snap it onto this caddy. Nobody will be able to tell you're sneaking an extra hard drive :)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars My god I look good in this., May 8, 2012
I have to start out with a disclaimer: you probably do not look as good as me. You were not born with my incredible bulging muscles or ridiculously handsome face, so if I'm around and we're both wearing our hoodies your hoodie will have no effect. That said, at least at times where I am not in the same zip code as you, this fine product will maximize your likelihood for intercourse.

It's definitely quality, no doubt about it. The zipper never catches, the patches are solid after several washes, and the fabric has a comfortable feel to it. The fit is superb - I often am forced to stop and admire myself in it when I walk by large, vertical reflective surfaces. And if you happen to need a large institution to which you can attach your ego, boom! This sweatshirt says FSU all over it.

Next time around I may go the extra $10 or whatever to buy one in the bookstore (support the old school and what not), but it will probably be not much different than this. I really like this hoodie and I think you will too.

Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Cable (6 Feet) - High-Speed A Male to Micro B with Gold-Plated Connectors
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $5.99
6 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen, it's a USB cable., May 8, 2012
I wouldn't want to downplay the contributions of the engineers at Mediabridge, but it's important to know that this is really just a USB cable. It will connect your cell phone to a charger or computer. That's all you need to know.

I guess I shouldn't be so cavalier about this fine cable - after all, I purchased it to replace a cable which didn't work if pulled at certain angles. I have suffered the pain of poor engineering and, as a formerly victimized consumer, I can tell you that this is a quality product you can trust.

But really, it's a USB cable. If you've read this far back the reviews you're putting too much time into this.

Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator
Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator
Offered by OceansideComputers
Price: $122.99
173 used & new from $80.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Amaaaaazzzziiiinnnngggg, May 8, 2012
I'm pretty sure I could launch a rocket with this thing. It's complete overkill for basic calculus, but it will derive and integrate anything for you, which is pretty handy when you're trying to figure out where you've gone wrong. Some things will take getting used to coming from a TI-84, but if you keep the very useful user guide around then you will be able to figure anything out.

Pentel Clic Eraser Grip Retractable Eraser, Assorted Colors, 1 Pack of 3  (ZE21BP3-K6)
Pentel Clic Eraser Grip Retractable Eraser, Assorted Colors, 1 Pack of 3 (ZE21BP3-K6)
Price: $5.23
23 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The nerdiest thing I own., May 8, 2012
These erasers work magnificently well. It's high quality eraser, so it always leaves the page white with just the indentations of where you wrote left over. The grip is absolutely fine - I'm not sure why someone else was complaining about that, but I've had no troubles (barely notice it's there). These are shown as being assorted colors but mine were all black. I don't mind that but just figured a buyer might want to know.

The only downside is taking one out of my pocket while studying (always have one on me!) and people laughing that I need to get out more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 8:23 AM PST

Aurora AS890C 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper/Credit Card Shredder with Basket
Aurora AS890C 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper/Credit Card Shredder with Basket
Price: $43.80
21 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the things I need it to. Most of the time., May 8, 2012
I think I may be a little overzealous when it comes to using my shredder. It's been jammed three or four times, and while I would normally make this a negative point in the review I should note that it works fine every time afterwards. Really, it's like the day I got it, even though I would expect something inside the motor to have broken already.

Anyways, the limit is 8 sheets and I think sometimes 7 sheets depending on the shredder's mood. I'm very nervous about wrecking it so I treat it better now. Buy the can of oil they sell for shredders and, if you're worried about accidentally shoving too much stuff in, buy a more expensive shredder. This one does the job I need it to and costs very little.

The Hunger Games (Book 1)
The Hunger Games (Book 1)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $6.21
2351 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't even like fiction..., May 8, 2012
I usually read non-fic only as it's hard to get over the fact that a novel is kind of just a book of lies. However, the idea behind this story seemed interesting, so I gave it a try and ordered a copy. That was a good choice, and I've got the second book on the way.

Everybody has probably already summed up the book, so I guess my angle is that it's interesting even if you're not a fiction person. Seeing individuals aggressively pushed past existing limits in a dystopian world provides food for thought.

Letters from a Self-Made Merchant to His Son Being the Letters written by John Graham, Head of the House of Graham & Company, Pork-Packers in Chicago, ... known to his intimates as "Piggy."
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, February 12, 2012
Lately I've sort of been into Gilded-Age how-to-live-your-life books, and this set of books does not disappoint (second one: Old Gorgon Graham More Letters from a Self-Made Merchant to His Son). John Graham has a massive amount of useful information for his son, and anybody who stumbles across it with a humble spirit should count themselves lucky. This is more of an elegant restating of basic principles of life, with a few solid new ideas which ring true to me.

One of my favorites is where Mr. Graham (perhaps in the second book) is describing his early days in poverty with his wife, and he says "we decided we would take our laughs as we go" or something to that effect. I had resolved myself to suffer through very difficult college classes for a better future, and that line has helped change my thoughts - it's okay to work hard but still be happy. Finding that sustainable equilibrium is the key to a happy life.

Anyways, it's free so download it and enjoy!

Page: 1 | 2