Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for "Tabitha May' > Reviews

Browse

"Tabitha May''s Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"Tabitha May' RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
True Africa
True Africa
by David Sacks
Price: $75.00
34 used & new from $42.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then expected!, July 22, 2015
This review is from: True Africa (Hardcover)
Beautiful book and delivered in good condition.

The 5-Day Facebook Cleanse: Social Detox for Wired Souls
The 5-Day Facebook Cleanse: Social Detox for Wired Souls

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple and practical, May 8, 2015
Quick easy read. Regarding the cleanse, "This isn’t cold turkey, or seat-of-pants. And it’s not just some abstracted awareness, being more mindful of your media diet, or about the subtraction, and what you’re not doing. Instead: This is an intentional, structured experiment. A mini-break, with some reflections folded in."
I found it simple and looks like it can be helpful, but I haven't put it into practice yet, as at this point I read the book to determine what it was about.

I received an advance reader copy of this book.

Ever Faithful to His Lead: My Journey Away from Emotional Abuse
Ever Faithful to His Lead: My Journey Away from Emotional Abuse
by Kathleen Pooler
Price: $13.60
42 used & new from $0.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, but incomplete, November 24, 2014
Other reviews detail the subject matter of this book, so I will not do so here. I didn't know whether to give this a 3 star or 4 star rating. I considered 3 stars because of what felt like an incomplete story (and a few spelling mistakes). I gave it 4 stars though because the story was indeed powerful enough to compel me to keep reading. I do wish that we had a bit more interaction with her children and what they felt and experienced as they had to live through all this without the benefit of adult emotional maturity to process the reasons for the chaos, emotional violence and disruption. Kathleen does indeed give us a glimpse as we hear of them not wanting to move and a few other times their voices are heard, but for the most part, I felt a bit cheated from understanding how this all affected them- and I felt it was important to know, because what happened affected an entire family, not just the author. Of course, this is the author's story and her children are now adults, so perhaps she thought saying less might honor them better, and that could very well be the case, and if so, then it was the right choice. But since this is a memoir, and it involves a family, I found myself feeling like an integral part of the story was missing.
I received an advance reader copy of this book in exchange for your unbiased review.

Mercy Me
Mercy Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Mercy Me (MP3 Music)
Can't go wrong with a Jim Weber song. This guy sure knows how to write them- and he knows how to package them with good music too. Thanks Jim!

The Night When The Chameleons Started To Sing
The Night When The Chameleons Started To Sing

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets!, January 24, 2013
Whatever Jim writes has depth, even when he is just being 'fun.' This is fun and imaginative. Music has good rhythm too.

Dancing On A Moving Truck
Dancing On A Moving Truck

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!!, January 24, 2013
Having been to Haiti many a time, I can picture this scene so vividly thanks to Jim's great song. Fun and deep at the same time. Love this and can't not dance along.

The Silent Shepherd: The Care, Comfort, and Correction of the Holy Spirit (John Macarthur Study)
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Practical vs spiritual??, January 24, 2013
Gives a particular view of Holy Spirit that will appeal to some but his exegesis is of a particular bent of the church that will exclude many others too. So, depending on your church tradition, this may or may not appeal to you. I definitely trip up on the thinking that leads them in the description of this book to say, "...some emphasize the practical over the spiritual..." This dichotomous way of looking/thinking is completely contrary to Holy Spirit who is of course both spiritual and practical.

I've Had Enough
I've Had Enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this song!, May 27, 2012
This review is from: I've Had Enough (MP3 Music)
This song is not only fun, it is deep as well. Love how Jim can create a memorable tune and yet infuse it with good theology too!

The Realm: the Awakening Begins (Realm Book)
The Realm: the Awakening Begins (Realm Book)
by K.L. Glanville
Price: $12.99
30 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars First-rate, October 19, 2011
Anything K.L. Glanville is behind is worth reading. Vivid imagination is married with purposeful yet entertaining and gripping reading. Definitely worth checking out.

Silver to Gold: A Journey of Young Revolutionaries
Silver to Gold: A Journey of Young Revolutionaries
by Jennifer A. Miskov
Price: $12.99
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't forget!, August 20, 2011
Though it has been a while since I've read this book, I remember it well. That is a testimony to the excellent storytelling ability of its author. As another reviewer remarked, this book is reminiscent of Pilgrim's Progress, but shorter and an easier read.

I have given this book to some of my 20-something year old friends, but truth be told, it would be valuable to anyone who has dreams they don't want to see die.

This book is a short but potent encouragement to go after your dreams- to go for the gold, rather than settling for the silver.

Page: 1 | 2