Profile for ATAMAS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ATAMAS RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Bulova Men's 98C112 Marine Star Strap Watch
Bulova Men's 98C112 Marine Star Strap Watch
Offered by Teelys
Price: $234.95
18 used & new from $234.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great especially with a different band, October 22, 2014
Overall I love how the watch looks. I placed it next to the Tag Heuer Carrera and the Tissot PRS516 at Macy's and felt that this watch held its own against them. I own the original version which has the tuning fork. I think Bulova is making a mistake by removing the logo from most of their watches.

The watch looks great. It has a nice presence in the room. I wish it had an automatic movement and sapphire glass. But it does keep accurate time.

I keep the chronograph running during the day because I like to see all the movements. I try to remember to stop the chronograph at night but I usually forget. It gives me a small reason to play the buttons and interact with the watch.

I haven't submerged it into water yet so I don't know how that will go.

The band it came with was ok especially if one goes swimming with it. I replaced it with a U-Boat 34mm black leather band with red stitching and absolutely love the way out looks. The new band has the the holes on each side and makes this watch look superb. It is similar you the Tissot PRS516. Search Amazon for the band, here's is a link:http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FG2NIO2?cache=405658f02c88047ab6bab837a7309735&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1414028156&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

One issue I have with the watch is that after the chronograph is stoped and gets reset the second hand doesn't usually go back up to 12 o'clock. It seems to stop randomly. To get it back to 12 o'clock I have to pull out the crown two clicks and press the top button a bunch of times to get the second hand to align at the top.

The second hand does sweep around and stop reasonably correctly on each second marker so that's good. But the small chronograph minute indicator is relatively small and this makes it hard to tell exactly how many minutes have gone by. If I were to time something I would find it difficult to rely on the chronograph minute hand.

I find the chronograph start/stop and reset buttons to feel rather cheap and unreliable to press. I think it would be difficult to time something correctly because I have to click the buttons a couple of times occasionally.

In conclusion, I would recommend the watch overall if you like this black and red sports watch look and if you get it I definitely recommend getting the mentioned band to take it to the next coolness level.

Kinivo BTH410 Hi-Fi Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Wireless apt-X Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $79.99
12 used & new from $40.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed with the Sound Quality, March 13, 2014
While there are many factors that can be covered in a review I will go for the one that really matters - sound quality. I did not expect very much from a thirty five dollar headset but I was literally blown away by sound. The headphones are medium-sized covering most of the ear which allows for just the right amount of bass to be generated. The Mids and Highs were acceptable. As a result a very nice full and rich sound is produced.

In terms of comparison... I received a set of the big Beats by Dre wired headphones for Christmas. The sound was acceptable but it did not blow me away like these headphones did. I returned the $280+ headphones so I can't compare them side by side with the BTH410. But I clearly remember being blown away by the BTH410 and not being blown away by the Beats. I ended up returning the Beats because they were huge on the head, they felt like a helmet, were super expensive for "ok" sound.

I recently purchased the Satechi BT Lite Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Built-in Mic from Amazon for twenty dollars. Those headphones are smaller than the BTH410's so they look a little more elegant but don't have as good bass. The Satechi don't fold and they don't look like they can be carried without a carrying case. They appear to be very fragile.

The BTH410 are the right size on the head and feel good in the hand while folding, rigidity, charging and so on. They fold up nicely and seem like they could be carried in a bag as long as the bag is not sat on or smashed hard.

I value the wired audio-in feature to connect to laptops that don't have BlueTooth. The USB charging port is also preferred over having some custom power cable.

I haven't tried having an extended phone conversation. I bought them to listen to music and don't intend on having phone conferences with it.

If there is one negative I would say it is the piano black finish. It looks beautiful when clean but it does smudge and I suspect it can't look good if one is wearing headphones on their head with visible finger prints. Since these headphones fold up you have to kinda touch multiple parts when folding/unfolding them so fingerprints will develop.

I would definitely recommend these headphones.

ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED 23-Inch SuperClear IPS LED Monitor (Frameless Design, Full HD 1080p, 30M:1 DCR, HDMI/DVI/VGA)
Price: $157.19
58 used & new from $124.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, great colors, February 17, 2014
I have my monitor connected through HDMI from a Mini Desktop Acer PC. We wanted the PC to be very quiet (can't hear it) at the cost of some performance since we don't play games.

The monitor was a perfect and elegant addition. It looks great from side with a very thin profile. The IPS becomes visible as soon as the screen comes into view - it looks nice even from a 45 degree angle. Moving to front and center the colors are very evident, perfectly balanced and rich. The whites are white. The letters are very easy to see.

I can't speak towards gaming performance but otherwise the monitor renders the webpages pages nicely. The size is just right. I can view two web pages or two word documents side by side. Two MS Word documents can also be opened side by side at 100% zoom. MS Excel at 100% view shows columns all the way to "AC".

I valued having IPS more instead of the edge-to-edge screen. In fact I didn't even search for the edge-to-edge feature. But I sure am glad it has it. When turned off the screen looks like it goes all the way to the edge. When turned on there is about a .3 inch black edge but that is smaller than regular monitors. I am very happy with this feature.

Unboxing the monitor and initial setup was easy except for the fact that I could not find the buttons. They are located on the base below and under the screen. When looking at the monitor directly they are hidden behind the 3 Viewsonic bird logo. I have to bend down and look under the monitor to get to them. I would say that this would be more of a negative if I used the sound and needed to tweak the buttons more. But since I have separate speakers I am lucky to not have to ever touch the buttons.

It didn't appear that this monitor has a VESA mount. I don't need it mounted anywhere but for those considering some kind of a mount do investigate this further. With the buttons being on the stand I would guess that the stand is not removable. But again, I haven't looked into that.

Overall for my needs this monitor is superb. It exceeded expectations in every way and I would recommend it highly.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks fantastic, keeps accurate time, December 29, 2013
The watch looks great. It is large, keeps accurate time and is more than what I would have expected from a thirty dollar watch. It took a few weeks to get here from China.

The band looks OK but I expect I will be getting a real leather band if the watch outlasts it. I like the little crown logo which is also embossed on the crown. The stainless steel looks nicely done around the watch and on the bottom. There is glass on the bottom of the watch and in a few places one can see through the watch which is very nice. While it is a skeleton watch it doesn't feel like it is too skeleton-ish probably because of the large and pronounced white border.

There seems to be a good balance between the white edge, the skeleton movements and the dials. It is easy to tell time yet it offers enough intrigue by showing the inner parts.

The only thing that I don't like about the watch is that the glass looks thick when viewing the watch from the side - say at about a 45 degree angle. It looks like a thick magnifying glass. However the watch looks really great when looking at it directly from the front.

I would recommend this watch with the hope that it is a durable as it looks good. Time will tell.

YouYouPifa Men's Cool Fashion Office Style Mechanical Wrist Watch With Automatic Movement (White)
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, December 19, 2013
Gotten many compliments on the watch which looks great and works well. Yes, it is amazing that all the dials work at this price point. I have gotten many compliments on the watch and would buy it again.

The only issue that I have is that viewing it from the side, say at an angle greater than 45 degrees makes the glass look really thick and the inside dials become distorted.

But when looking at the watch directly from the front it looks amazing. The stainless steel case also looks like it would be a very expensive watch.

This watch is a perfect example where I feel great about paying almost nothing and having a watch that works well and looks great. That's what I call true value. I can only hope that it will last a long time (years?).

YouYouPifa Fashion Simple Design Black Dial Leather Strap Quartz Wrist Watch (Men's)
Price: $7.69
3 used & new from $7.69

2.0 out of 5 stars The band is small, doesn't look too good, December 19, 2013
While it looks ok in pictures in reality it doesn't look that good and the band is terrible. I wore it one time and may wear it again just to wear something different but it is not something I would look forward to wear.

YouYouPifa Classic Leather Strap Men's Quartz Watch (Black & Silver)
YouYouPifa Classic Leather Strap Men's Quartz Watch (Black & Silver)
Price: $7.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks childish in person, December 19, 2013
Can't really wear it, it looks good in pictures but is looks and feels very cheap in reality. Never work it.

YouYouPifa New Hours Luxury Style 2 Dial Stainless Steel Case Leather strap Quartz Watch (Black)
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Large watch, would go well on special occasions when dressing with biker clothes or something, December 19, 2013
Large watch, would go well on special occasions when dressing with biker clothes or something like that, perhaps jeans and a black leather jacket would compliment the watch. Otherwise it doesn't go well with other clothes or occasions.

YouYouPifa Special Design Dial Silver Stainless Steel Strap Quartz Men's Watch (Black)
Price: $6.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible colors, December 19, 2013
Really terrible colors, would never wear it. It looks much better in the picture but in real live it is garbage.

Youyoupifa Black Automatic Mechanical Movement Men's Watch
Youyoupifa Black Automatic Mechanical Movement Men's Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved the look hated the rattling noise, December 19, 2013
I just loved how nice it looked. It was the right size, color. It even kept time properly. However, it rattled like a rattle snake when moving my arm. The noise came from the eccentric weight (the rotor). Never heard anything like it. It was loud enough that it would have been embarrassing if someone knew where the noise came from. But it was not so noticeable during normal walking around when other things make noise such as keys, steps, etc.

I would spend twice as much for this watch if I it wouldn't make that noise. I would not buy it even at this price if it made the noise.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2013 4:19 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2