Profile for Franny > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Franny RSS Feed

Paleo Diet for Athletes Guide: Paleo Meal Plans for Endurance Athletes, Strength Training, and Fitness
by Rockridge Press
Price: $9.99
30 used & new from $9.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Take advantage of the caveman's legacy!, June 14, 2013
Eating stone age style may sound old fashioned to some, but in this modern age of quick fixes I've found there are countless benefits to eating simple. Scientists have studied the effects of natural foods like those our genetic ancestors foraged and hunted before civilization began. I was a dedicated drinker of energy drinks at one time, and I had headaches constantly. Proper nourishment is the key to good fitness; who knew cave men thousands of years ago had already cracked the code to excellent health! Paleo Diet for Athletes has got me feeling better than I have in years and it really shows in my athletic performance. This book will give you the know-how to experience the way your body was designed to eat and feel. Do yourself a favor and read it today!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheat eater? Take a look at this!, January 28, 2013
The Wheat Belly Fat Diet made me take a look at the huge amount of wheat based foods I eat on a day to day basis. In reading this quick guide I learned that our bodies are not fully adapted to eating wheat and that wheat has changed dramatically in the past few decades. This makes it even more alien to what our digestive system is used to. John Chatham points out the dangers of eating large amounts of genetically engineered wheat and ties health problems like diabetes and obesity to its over-consumption. Wheat based foods are addictive and can actually make you feel depressed. The Wheat Belly Fat diet is ideal for overall health, studies even show higher brain functioning from subjects that gave wheat the boot from their daily diets. This guide tells you which foods to avoid and includes a complete day by day menu to get you started on the right foot. Delicious and surprisingly extensive wheat free recipes provide a wide variety of wheat free meal choices. All you need to get started on this diet is a wake-up call about what your body really needs to function at its best. A wheat-free lifestyle is so beneficial, losing weight is just a perk. Give this diet a shot!

Fifty Shades of Passion: An Erotic Guide to Exploring Fifty Shades With Your Lover
Price: $3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars a guide to your greatest sexual adventures!, January 8, 2013
If reading Fifty Shades of Grey was more than just a guilty pleasure, make your fantasies come to life with this erotic guide to the BDSM lifestyle. I couldn't deny that the kinky encounters were appealing, but I wasn't sure how to bring that same excitement into my life. Fifty Shades of Passion is an easy-to-read guide that is sexy enough for my bedside table. Before I read Fifty Shades of Grey, I had no idea about the erotic world of BDSM. This guide was perfect for me because I needed information to enhance my bedroom experience without killing the mood. The BDSM lifestyle can be rough, but it's important to keep things safe and to build a strong bond of trust with your lover. Each chapter begins with a sexy scenario straight out of everyone's favorite erotic novel, followed by step-by-step instructions to make your personal fantasies happen. I was very glad I read this guide before suggesting such risque scenarios to my partner, because I was able to be sure that we both felt comfortable and safe. After we came full circle with this learning experience we have more fun and are closer than ever before. Whether you want to spice up your already kinky private life, or you're looking to try a whole new set of mind-blowing techniques, this is the guide to get your blood pumping!

Paleo for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started
Paleo for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started
by John Chatham
Price: $9.99
64 used & new from $5.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential Diet! Align your body with the diet of our genetic ancestors!, December 20, 2012
The Paleo Diet was a fascinating guide to eating the incredibly healthy diet of our cave-dwelling ancestors. John Chatham explains the benefits of eating like you're living in a pre-agricultural civilization in a concise and detailed read. When I read that I would simply be curbing my eating habits to match with the habits of my genetic ancestors, I really got interested. The Paleo Diet isn't about counting calories or eliminating all fats, it's about returning to what our bodies have been adapted to eating over hundreds of years. The Paleo Diet for Beginners will guide you every step of the way, it features several weekly menus as well as a guide to which foods are off limits and which foods will help you lose those extra pounds. It was the recipe section that convinced me to try this diet. There was practically a cookbook included in the last chapter! Reading this book both educated me about the dietary roots of human beings, and inspired me to lose weight without eliminating some of my favorite food staples. If you're looking to lose weight without fad diets or calorie counting, this handy guide is just the ticket.

How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character by Paul Tough (30 Minute Expert Summary)

5.0 out of 5 stars quick read to give your child the advantage!, December 5, 2012
How Children Succeed: A Concise Summary of Paul Tough's Bestseller streamlines everything you need to know about
why some of us seem to naturally gain success where others fail. Focused on how childhood stress and trauma
affects our brains, this summary explains the positive and negative effects of different parenting techniques.
Tough explains that children who feel secure and loved during developmental stages will be better adjusted, more
confident and more likely to pick themselves up after a failure and try again. The parent-child relationship may
also effect the child's ability to concentrate, mentally multi-task and to feel optimistic which is the key to
success. After breezing through this easy to read summary, I was inspired to step back and look at how my relationship with my daughter has affected her developmentally. The book also includes a guide to building character in your child which will be sure to serve him or her all of their life. I had confidence in my new found knowledge because this book backs its facts with great scientific studies about how our brains work. If you're a new parent, or concerned about your young child's behavior at home or on the playground, read this book. It gives you so much information in so few pages! I came away with a deeper appreciation of my role as a parent along with some fantastic ideas I plan to implement in my household.

Green Juicing Diet: Green Juice Detox Plan for Beginners-Includes Green Smoothies and Green Juice Recipes
Price: $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only way to eat your veggies!, November 28, 2012
John Chatham's Green Juicing Diet was perfect for me. As a newcomer to the world of juicing, it easily guided me through everything I needed to know to detox in a well rounded, healthy way. I had always wondered what the deal was with juice diets, detoxing, and how people actually enjoy the taste of blended vegetables in a smoothie! When vegetables are cooked they lose some of their nutritional value and may even gain fat calories if fried or cooked with oil. The key to getting the most out of veggies is to find a tasty way to consume them raw, and often! I've tried making smoothies combining fruits and vegetables in the past, and they tasted awful! Why juice instead of eating your greens outright? I've tried eating piles of raw vegetables at every meal, and I neither enjoyed it or got all the vitamins I could've gotten from a glass of homemade green juice or smoothie. The Green Juicing Diet lets you in on a secret ratio of fruits to vegetables that will ensure a delicious taste as well as a blast of all natural nutrition. If you're looking to learn great juicing techniques and to make a positive lifestyle change, this comprehensive guide will definitely put you on the right track!