Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Kristi Gilleland > Reviews

Browse

Kristi Gilleland's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3454
Top Reviewer Ranking: 271

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kristi Gilleland RSS Feed (Georgia)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Homdox Himalayan Salt Light Air Purifier  with Dimmer Switch, Black
Homdox Himalayan Salt Light Air Purifier with Dimmer Switch, Black
Offered by Homdox
Price: $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars The black one is very pretty- very romantic bedroom lamp- it's not bright but it adds tons of mood, June 26, 2016
*Free product provided for evaluation and review.*

I do like this, it is very pretty. I got the black and I think that was a great choice. It looks a bit mystical. It comes with an assortment of pink-orange rock salt that you pack into the lamp. It has a small light - the type you often find in single window electric Christmas candles or nightlights. Mine came with 2 light bulbs- one to use and one extra, but the bulbs are not hard to find.

It isn't a very expensive construction though. It gets a bit warm but not hot. The construction has some rather weak metal and plastic parts. It doesn't put out a lot of light, but it adds a lot of mood. It's very romantic in the bedroom.
It is suppose to add healthy ions to the air. I can't tell any difference in the air, but I like the look of the lamp.

Prevail Quilted Cotton Adult Disposable Washcloths with Lotion, Large/12 x 8 Inch, 48 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient. Large, soft, gentle and effective, June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received the version with fragrance.

These have a light, pleasant fragrance. They are very large, soft, and strong. They are about the size of regular cloth washcloths, but they are disposable. They work a lot like very large diaper wipes. They are plenty thick for the less pleasant tasks.
At first I thought that the first one I pulled out was too dry. However, once I began to use it, I found that it had a perfect level of moisture. They clean well without needing a towel to dry after the cleaning is done.
Downsides
They are not flushable.

Uses:
Incontinence care, camping, long airline trips, travel, infirm care, quick touch up baths anytime.
I personally love the idea of taking these along when traveling.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2016 5:59 PM PDT

Caydo 50 Pcs Natural Candle Wicks with Tabs for Candle Making, 6-inch
Caydo 50 Pcs Natural Candle Wicks with Tabs for Candle Making, 6-inch
Offered by Caydo Online
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lead free- great deal, even come with tabs- can be trimmed if needed for smaller sizes, economical, June 25, 2016
*Free item provided for evaluation and review.*

I am very pleased with these and would buy them. I love that it is a 50 pack of wicks- which can be trimmed for making votives, and there's no lead or zinc, for the same price I'd pay for 15 at my local craft store. The come with tabs to stick them to the bottom of your mold or container too, which is a nice bonus that I usually don't find in the packs I get locally. The wicks are firmly inserted into the tabs, and they are coated and stand up fairly easily. They burn evenly and well.
Anyway, I like these, and they are lead free, so they help me make good candles more economically.

CAP Barbell Standard Grip Plate, Black, 5 lb
CAP Barbell Standard Grip Plate, Black, 5 lb
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to pick up, shouldn't rust due to the nice coating, easily cleaned/wiped down, June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This comes as 1 (ONE) five pound plate. It is coated so it is nice to handle, but not so smooth it is easy to drop. It shouldn't rust with normal use because of the enamel coating. It's easy to pick it up with bare hands because of the design.
This fits a standard 1 inch bar, like the one that comes with CAP Barbell Standard Bench Black/red, and on that it also fits for leg curls. It's even and made straight, no warping, so it stacks well.
I personally prefer the enamel coated weights. They just somehow seem cleaner than the regular metal ones- they wipe down easily and can be easily cleaned if needed.

Amazing2015 10 Classic Warm Colors Blush Set Cosmetic Blush Powder Palette Contour Makeup Palette
Offered by Amazing2015
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value in a peach/pink blush palette -lasts 4 hours- blend them together to create new shades and tone some down, June 25, 2016
I own several basic black 'generic' palettes like this and really like how easy they are to store. I've had good luck with them overall so I thought I'd try this one- I thought in the worst case scenario I would let my young nieces play dress up with it and it would be less than buying a 'makeup' toy.
Well, they aren't getting it! I discovered that I really do like it.

The great thing is that these colors can be blended together. There's no mirror in the palette, but I use the plain black side to brush up pigments and blend them there, before putting them on. I was able to blend a brighter shade of pink with one of the more muted closer to natural shades to get just a certain color that I was looking for- love that!

The shades are primarily in two color families - peaches and pinks. They don't seem to be arranged in any particular order. There are 5 peachy/orangy colors, and 5 pink shades.

I mainly like the pinks, but I do like the lightest peach shade as a eyeshadow, so I'll get use out of that. But also, remember, these can be blended to get other shades. That's the real value here. Alone, some of the colors are rather garish- like that bright fushia pink. It can be blended with the lighter peach shade though and comes out quite natural to a blushing peach.

These pots are rather creamy and pick up well on a brush, and they have varying amounts of pigment. They go on even and lasts a few hours- about 4, and the shades stay true- it is enough to get me through a trip out if I don't get super hot. I'm going to try some makeup fixative with them and see if that won't boost the staying power to a full day. I'll update when I find out.

Barilla Penne Pasta, 16 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Barilla Penne Pasta, 16 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Price: $5.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile shape, and very dependable, consistently good quality pasta, June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Barilla pasta is my favorite brand, and penne pasta is one of my favorite shapes. It's a very versatile shape, working well with casseroles, pasta sauces and in summertime pasta salads. It's a tube shape that's not too big, and not too little, with angled edges. It holds sauces well.

Barilla is always dependable. I know as long as my water is really boiling good, and I keep it boiling during cooking, that I can cook it for the time on the box and it will come out perfect every time. Of course at other altitudes, you might have to adjust a bit, but once you figure out what it takes to get one box perfect, it will always be that way, because this pasta is very consistent like that.

One box is enough for all the dishes I make. There are 3 adults here, and usually I cook 1 whole box for a meal. Though my guys are 'big eaters,' we usually have 1/2-3/4 of a cup left over in the boiling pot. Our pet hens love it. If I don't ever cook a whole box, we just put the dried remainder outside. The next time it rains it will soften up and the chickens and birds feast on it. It never lasts long enough to attract bugs. No Barilla pasta is ever wasted at my house!

NOTE: Sometimes I use Barilla Pronto Penne pasta. It allows me to cook the pasta and sauces together in my multicooker. It's good too and can be a bit of a time saver, mainly because it's one less dish to wash.

Kasoo Gigantic Donut Pool Float (Pink)
Kasoo Gigantic Donut Pool Float (Pink)
Offered by Kapoo
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, well made, big enough for all kids and smaller teens and adults to get in - anyone can ride on it - easy to spot, June 23, 2016
*Free product provided for evaluation and review.*

This was very easy to blow up -the valve works well but after a few breaths, I let hubby use a cigarette lighter air compressor and it only took a few seconds to get it very full. The valve held well while he got it capped off and pushed in. It's big - certainly big enough for all kinds and smaller teens and adults. Larger adults won't be able to get in the middle, but it can still be lain across or jumped in! My hubby enjoyed laying on it stomach down for a while. The 'bite' end is the easiest end to put close to you if you jump up on it.
It's bright and colorful, and I've not seen another float like it. One end has a 'bite' taken out, and that side makes it easy to get on.
As far as quality, the graphic quality is good. A few of the darker sprinkles had some lines, like they'd been printed on, but that's the only problem I saw.
The vinyl seems to be of a decent thickness. It's about the same as another float that's about the same size that we bought locally that was $15. Like that one, it does have an outer seam. It is holding air very well, with no leaks.

I like the way it looks floating in the pool. It would be great for vacations if you need to watch your kids, I think, because it's so unique and easy to spot. It shows up well against my blue pool liner.
I'll grab pictures when the sun's out again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Barilla Thin Spaghetti Pasta, 16 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Barilla Thin Spaghetti Pasta, 16 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Price: $5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars So very dependable- my favorite brand - great pasta to work with if you are learning - or if you already cook pasta like a pro, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Barilla is my favorite pasta. It always cooks just right if the directions are followed and water is really good and boiling before it is put in. These are THIN spaghetti noodles, which cook up a bit quicker, but are thinner than regular pasta. I like to use this version in shrimp pasta, like lemon pepper shrimp over pasta, or broken up, as noodles, in soup, or in quick weeknight spaghetti. It is often a good substitute when you need EITHER angel hair, or spaghetti, as it is between these sizes. This kind does NOT make good lo-mein, in my experience, it is too thin for that - but broken, boiled, drained and fried quickly, it makes pretty nifty chow mein type noodles to top dishes, or to add to soup.

When I was younger I would listen to all these suggestions to make pasta better: put a bit of butter in it after it is drained, put a bit of olive oil in it as it is cooking, rinse, don't rinse- UG. No. All that you need to do is follow the directions on the box. If the pasta comes out gluey or sticky, and it is Barilla, you've not got your water to a rolling boil and kept it boiling. So, Barilla is a good pasta to learn to cook good pasta with, because it is always so dependable. I've never had a bad experience with any of the shapes- no sticking, no gummy feeling, no mush. Now, it will cook to a mush, but if it is mushy, you've cooked it TOO LONG.

My husband claims I am the world's pickiest about noodles. I doubt that, but I like for it to be just right - al dente, attractive, and with a good taste. That's why I stock up when I find sales on Barilla!

I like that these 4 come in shrink wrap. I find it is best to keep it well wrapped if it won't be used for a while.

Switchmate One Second Installation Light Switch, Toggle, White
Switchmate One Second Installation Light Switch, Toggle, White
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $33.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It works well, app is super easy to use, easy install - no motion detection, - My cats currently think it is the devil, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is for the TOGGLE SWITCH VERSION.

This is extremely easy to use and install, just as advertised. It takes 2 AA batteries and putting those in take as much time as configuring the switch to work via smartphone- it really is that quick if you have any experience installing apps and using them at all.
Put batteries in.
Install App. (I found it at Google Play under Switchmate)
Run app - there is a walk through that is very simple, highly directive, and quick.
Set up timers if you want them.

To set up the timers, it is a lot like Extreme Alarm Clock or most alarm clock apps. Click the device you want the timer on, set the time on, the time off, and check the days of the week you want that timer to run. Click 'Save' and you are done! The settings are actually saved in the switchplate module, so they will work even if the smartphone is not around.

Other than that, know that the device runs off Bluetooth, and that it pairs easily (Mine showed as a series of dotted numbers). It works well. It sticks well to the wall. It comes on and off as the timer wants, or you can turn it on and off with a smartphone. If you walk into the room, you can tap it and it will come on/go off with a tap.

DOWNSIDES
-No motion detector capability - (I had really hoped for that.)
-WILL NOT fit ornate switchplates - I have ornate brass switchplates that just out a bit from the wall- the Switchmate is too tall to fit. If it were 1/2 an inch shorter, it would fit. Regular switchplates are no problem, and neither are my 'smooth' decorative ones. See pictures.
-Scares my cats SILLY. The cats seem to know that normally lights go on and off in the presence of humans. This is the devil to them. It scares them so bad coming on and off that they literally fall in the floor. A bit ago I caught my old cat hissing at it like she wanted to fight over its intrusion into her territory. I suppose they will get used to it in time? It could make for some funny videos at least.
-makes a bit of noise when activated. This might not be true for the other kind of switch, but the toggle switch is physically moved by the device, and there's a little motor that I can hear. That might be what is scaring the cats, I'm not sure.

If the cats get over it, or start attacking it physically, I'll update the review. So far I've only heard some growls and hisses.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Medical Marijuana Dispensary: Understanding, Medicating, and Cooking with Cannabis
by Laurie Goldrich Wolf
Price: $11.52
29 used & new from $5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars I learned so much from this book- I think it is a great introduction to medicinal marijuana, June 22, 2016
I bought this book nearly free during a public promotion. No review was promised or discussed.

I'm an RN in a state where medical marijuana is illegal. I really did not know much at all about medical marijuana until I read this book. I thought people just smoked it or ate it in cookies, I had no idea that use or cultivation had become so specified.
The book is filled with brief information about medical conditions that have been treated with pot successfully, and it discussed the chemical makeup. I really had no idea that there were benefits delivered for some conditions without any high. I think all medical professionals should read this. Another thing that simply astounded me was the concept of being able to standardize doses by using oils, tinctures, suppositories, and other non-smoked forms of using marijuana as a drug. There's a lot of varieties listed with brief descriptions and listing of their main chemical components by percentages.
The last half of the book consists of recipes. Some are base recipes (like oils and tinctures), and some are for meals and treats. There are recipes for fresh Cannabis Juice, Cannabis oil, Cannabis butter, tinctures soaks- just so much- and then food - lots of recipes for edibles. The macaroni and cheese recipe really floored me, I couldn't help but think "What a comfort food that must be!"

I'm afraid that since I live in a state that still has very strict felony laws, I wasn't able to try any of the recipes, but I am hoping that will change one day. For me the book is a keeper for that day - I do have an incurable auto-immune disease that Western medicine can't cure, and doesn't even treat well, and I do hope that one-day medicinal marijuana will be legal nationwide. I'm really surprised to learn that inflammatory diseases can be treated with strains that don't cause paranoia . It seems the medicinal discovery has been progressing at a very rapid rate.

I really believe if more health practitioners would read books like this, perhaps more would sign on to seeing it legalized on a federal level. It's well written and the first half is just packed with information, useful charts, and lots of well-organized facts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20