Profile for E. Santacruz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Santacruz "Devildog101" RSS Feed (Lancaster, CA)

Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope [HD]
Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope [HD]
DVD
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a fun movie, August 7, 2013
This was a fun documentary to watch. It is obviously edited to make things dramatic but if you want to get a taste as to what comic-con is and a have a tear and a laugh along the way. you will enjoy this movie.

BOSTITCH RN46-1 3/4-Inch to 1-3/4-Inch Coil Roofing Nailer
BOSTITCH RN46-1 3/4-Inch to 1-3/4-Inch Coil Roofing Nailer
Price: $205.00
36 used & new from $132.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nailer at a great price., August 7, 2013
This review is for the New in Box model not the rebuild. I feel I need to specify as sometimes the reviews get mixed up.

First off the nailer arrived on time and in perfect condition. It is a sturdy and well built model. I researched as much as i could
on various nailers and this unit seems to be a well known model with roofers and contractors. It not considered a top of the line model but rather a workhorse that is easy to repair and available at a decent price. I purchased it to roof a workshop I built.

The nailer is easy to load and pretty straightforward in its operation. There have been some comments as to this models propensity to fire 2 nails at a time. (which concerned me a bit) I found that this did happen quite a bit at first. But it was due to my technique rather than to the nailer itself. If you hold the trigger down when placing the the nailer on the shingle and bounce even a little it will double fire. But as firmed up my technique the double fire pretty much went away. It did jam a couple of times but it was pretty easy to clear. Overall I would definitely recommend the nailer to my fellow DIY.

Other than that it was pretty much smooth sailing with this model.

Casio Men's AMW320RD-2AV Sport Alarm Ana-Digi Blue Dive Watch
Casio Men's AMW320RD-2AV Sport Alarm Ana-Digi Blue Dive Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch from Casio, May 19, 2010
Hello All

I have been wearing this model watch from casio in one form or another for over 10 years. I am on my third watch. I started with the model that has the rubber straps and it worked like a champ for the first 5 years. The only issue I had was that I had to replace the strap's about every 2 years. The watch bezel finally ended up breaking off when I accidentaly hit the watch against a planter. I bought the same watch as a replacement & lost the watch so I bought this to replace it. I decided to go with the watch with the metal bands to have to avoid replacing the rubber ones. All in all these watches are pretty much bulletproof. They are a great value for your money. They are durable & look nice. Not much to say other than you will be pleased with the quality of this line of watches.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Pads, June 28, 2009
Not much to say other than the pruduct was shipped promptly & is the usual high quality that I have come to expect of 3M pads.

DEWALT DW871 14-Inch 5.3-Horsepower Chop Saw
DEWALT DW871 14-Inch 5.3-Horsepower Chop Saw
Offered by MidAtlantic Merchant
Price: $236.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Good saw for the money, January 14, 2008
I have been using this chop saw for over a year and have found it to be a good saw for the money. I have cut up to 2*2*1/4 square tubing with it, a tough job for any chop saw. Now the saw does vibrate more than I would like, but nothing you can't deal with. If pushed too hard it will pop breakers ( I found this out cutting the 2*2*1/4 square tubing)but I don't know what tool won't if pushed beyond it's limits. It is a good saw for smaller pieces of solid steeel(1 inch or below). Angle iron & thin pipe are no problem. Now if you have some patience it will go through the thick stuff as I have done it. The base is adequete as is the clamp. I would rate it a 4 star were it not for the vibration. If you intend to cut thick steel or large and thick pipe you will want to get something else. By that I mean something other than an abrasive chop saw. These saws have their limitations. The cold cut chop saws are excelent but as you will see they are quite a bit more expensive. if you stick to the intended uses of this saw you will be happy.

Milwaukee 6370-21 13 Amp 8-Inch Metal Cutting Circular Saw
Milwaukee 6370-21 13 Amp 8-Inch Metal Cutting Circular Saw
Offered by Emery Hardware
Price: $323.00
9 used & new from $323.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Saw, January 14, 2008
The saw is an outstanding piece of equipment. The usual high quality milwaukee is known for. If you are cutting 1/4 of below it will go all day. With thicker metal (above 1/4 inch) you need to follow the directions not to push the saw beyond its limits. It will cut up to 3/4 of an inch if used correctly. definately an asset to your tool arsenal. Keep in mind as with all tools stay within the tools proper uses & you will be very satisfied.

Milwaukee 6509-22 Sawzall 11-Amp Reciprocating Saw
Milwaukee 6509-22 Sawzall 11-Amp Reciprocating Saw
4 used & new from $70.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best Saw for the money., August 5, 2005
I had to replace a 8 year old sawzall that was stolen. Since I never had a problem with my old saw I dicided to stick with the Milwaukee brand. I must say it was a good choice becouse these saws have only gotten better. Variable speed & quick lock blade holder. You cannot go wrong with these saws. They are comfortable to hold & simply bulletproof. I have tried other saws but the original Sawzall is still the best.