Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for unschoolingmomof3 > Reviews

Browse

unschoolingmomof3's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

unschoolingmomof3 RSS Feed

Psych Yourself Thin: Train your mind to stick to ANY diet for as long as YOU decide to
by Rok Sprogar

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, May 4, 2016
I came across this again and realized I never wrote a review. Terrible book! The amount of typos are atrocious. It's as if a preschooler wrote it but worse! Spelling errors galore! I can't believe author put it out like that! Agree with other reviewer on every point. He may have received positive feedback BEFORE he published the book but there is no way anyone that is even slightly educated would give a positive review to this book unless it was his mother or aunt. You can't even read this book without pulling out your hair because of the gross amount of errors in it. I somehow muddled through it and had no idea what he was even saying. Save your money.

UP3 by Jawbone Heart Rate, Activity + Sleep Tracker, Black Twist
UP3 by Jawbone Heart Rate, Activity + Sleep Tracker, Black Twist
Offered by PHOTOTECH
Price: $67.00
104 used & new from $41.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Potential customers listen carefully to the negs, January 5, 2016
Regardless of the features of this particular fitness tracker, in the end it's irrelevant in the face of the poorly designed clasp because it is a matter of time before your band falls off which doesn't take long at all. I had 14 days to return the UP3 no questions asked and I took full advantage of that and returned it today. It takes a lot for me to return a product because I'm a bit lazy but there was no way I was going to keep this. It infuriated me to no end the entire two weeks and when I took my kids snowboarding, I couldn't wear it in the indoor ski hall. Why? Because I knew I would never see it again and didn't want to risk it as I had already decided to return it.

Every single morning without fail, I found my band lying in my bed. It came off my wrist multiple times per day and I constantly had to tighten it. Sometimes I would be standing doing absolutely nothing and literally watch it come undone and slide off my wrist. If you read the reviews, you will see that the clasp has been an ongoing issue so look for more people to post in the future outraged because they had their UP3 for a short period of time before losing it. I watched the video on how to put it on and made sure I was doing it correctly but despite my attempts, it fell off constantly. I would find myself frantically looking down at my wrist because I was sure I was going to see it gone. It was very comfortable so it is extremely easy to fall off without the wearer noticing.

Jawbone should fire whoever is the head of their QA department because NO WAY did they do any rigorous testing on this clasp before releasing it. They should be ashamed of themselves. I had the bodymedia for years and loved it though the band around the upper arm got to me sometimes but I would gladly pay for the subscription fee over paying for something that is going to be lost due to poor design.

My recommendation: Stay far, far away from a company who knowingly put out such a shoddy product.

I'm completely put off from any Jawbone products now so will be doing more research online and my choice in the future will not include Jawbones.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2016 1:28 PM PST

Ebonite Maxim Bowling Ball, Purple/Royal/Silver, 6-Pound
Ebonite Maxim Bowling Ball, Purple/Royal/Silver, 6-Pound
Offered by G.L.C. Bowling
Price: $40.95
5 used & new from $40.95

1.0 out of 5 stars I purchased two other brands for my two sons and have had no problems with either of them so it is obviously poor quality. Never, September 12, 2015
Ball cracked after minimal use. I purchased this ball for my daughter in September 2014 and here it is September 2015, and it cracked. I purchased two other brands for my two sons and have had no problems with either of them so it is obviously poor quality. Never again...very disappointed.

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Lighted Display, 400 lb. Capacity and "Step-On" Technology [2016 VERSION] - 20,000+ Reviews EatSmart Guaranteed Accurate
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $25.95
23 used & new from $21.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Scale, May 29, 2014
I have an old and I mean OLD doctor's scale that I have had forever but lately it has been driving me crazy. Depending on how I stand on it, my weight can fluctuate. I decided to get another one and chose the EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale. I really didn't do a lot of research like I usually do but the price was so low I figured I would take a chance and the reviews were good.

Love this scale. No matter how many times I get on and off the scale, it gives me the same weight good or bad. No way to make this baby show a lighter weight by leaning one way or the other. What that means is what you see is what you get.

It is also very attractive and would go with most decors and the numbers are easy to read. A great value for the money!

Cool Science Kits Living Putty
Cool Science Kits Living Putty
Offered by avinu
Price: $10.28
6 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Putty doesn't work, May 30, 2012
My 10 year old son was excited for this to work. I got this as a stocking stuffer for Christmas and we forgot about it until now. My son made the magnetic putty into a snake as directed and then put it close to the magnetic bar and absolutely nothing happened. I thought maybe we just got a dud but apparently not per the other reviewer.

I agree. Don't waste your money. We were VERY disappointed.

Toy Creator
Toy Creator
Offered by oxford15
Price: $4.50
3 used & new from $4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it's suppose to, January 2, 2008
This review is from: Toy Creator (Toy)
I agree with the other reviewer. We were very disappointed with this toy. It doesn't do what it is suppose to. You can't knead the substance and make it into anything. We tried several approaches and let it soak way longer than recommended in the directions and it was very hard and we couldn't even use it. The only part of it that was as advertised was that it changed colors but that certainly isn't worth the money.

A complete waste of money.

Toobers & Zotz
Toobers & Zotz

2.0 out of 5 stars A BIG disappointment!!!, September 13, 2007
This review is from: Toobers & Zotz (Toy)
I love products, which encourage my children to be imaginative and creative. This product seemed to fit the bill perfectly. Marketing deserves an A+ for the colorful and fun looking creations on the box, which encourage consumers to buy this product. That's the one positive I will attribute to this product. Supposedly, this product won lots of awards but all I can figure out is that the judges had to be related to the people that came up with this idea.

My children tore into this product, anxious to begin playing with it. My children's ages are 3, 3, and 6. Similar to another reviewer, they played with it for approx. 5 minutes and haven't touched it since. Also like the 3 year old mentioned in one of the reviews, one of my 3 year olds began breaking them into pieces with glee. If you have ever tried to get an item out of a box with tons of packing peanuts on top of it, this product rates right up there in the annoyance category. There are lots of small zots to punch out and for some reason I was under the impression that these zots might adhere in some way. They don't and it was one big mess. Think throwing packing peanuts all over your living room and you will get an idea of what a pain in the arse this is.

I realize you are suppose to use your imagination but there were no instructions or designs to copy off of. It would have been extremely helpful to have design cards so that you would have something to work from. My 6 year old got extremely frustrated because he wanted to make a boat and didn't know how. I ended up helping him make a guitar that was pictured on the front of the box.

I have two products that I would highly recommend if you're looking for something creative for your children to do. The first product is Playmais, which are foam pieces that you moisten with water and you can make any type of configuration you want. I live in Germany and was first introduced to this at a kinderfest. It is fantastic and even the youngest can have fun. Adults that I observed at the festival seemed to really love it and I enjoyed it. The 2nd product is Wedgits. I purchased the junior tote travel that came in a nice bag with an activity booklet. This is lots of fun and all 3 have played with it. The activity booklet is one of those wipe off books which is great and it also comes with these nice big colorful cards that have designs on them to get the creative juices going. An added bonus is that both of these products are fun for the adults too.

Leave the toobers and zots alone. This may be my second review ever and for me to take the time to write this means I feel strongly about something. I hate being ripped off and this is a rip off. Save your money and get one of the other two products mentioned above or better yet, get both.

Quick note....as I finished writing this review, my two sons are playing with Magnetix. I got a huge set of these and they have been playing with them for over an hour, making a very long train and loading up the magnetic balls in their trucks. You can make all sorts of fun things so I wanted to mention this as another great product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2007 4:03 PM PDT