Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Profile for Steven Quigley > Reviews

Browse

Steven Quigley's Profile

Customer Reviews: 97

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steven Quigley RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit
SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit
Price: $20.23
19 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, crystal clear results; worth the effort, April 19, 2016
I've tried some of the cheaper, one-step headlight polishes, and though they all removed some oxidation, none made the headlights on my 2006 Toyota Corolla look brand new. Then I tried this top-rated, multi step kit. Definitely a more labor intensive process sanding by hand, but the results are absolutely stunning. The lenses are completely crystal clear and look like new.

Taurus SC with 9.1 % Fipronil (Termidor Sc Has 9.1 Fipronil)-20 Oz
Taurus SC with 9.1 % Fipronil (Termidor Sc Has 9.1 Fipronil)-20 Oz
Offered by Solutions Pest & Lawn
Price: $44.61
10 used & new from $44.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like magic… no ants for 1 to 2 years!, February 5, 2016
I live in an area that has very sandy soil and tons of ants. In the past 30 years, I've tried Dursban, Diazinon, Triazicide, Carbaril and other products to combat ants invading my home. Those products did work, but typically only lasted 2-4 weeks before I'd see ants again. After a termite company told me about how effective fipronil is at killing termites (and ants!—they absorb the chemical and take it back to the nest where it kills the entire colony), I thought I'd give Taurus SC a try. It works like magic! It's also very economical. At the listed application rate, 0.8 oz. in a gallon of water treats a 12 inch band along my entire foundation, and the treatment lasts for 1-2 years!

Just keep in mind that this is a serious pesticide that is highly toxic to beneficial insects like pollinators, so you should use it only along buildings and structures where other insects won't make contact. Also, the label says it's safe as directed for use near most animals, but for some reason is highly toxic to rabbits.

New and Improved Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
New and Improved Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
Price: $19.95
41 used & new from $16.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for small to medium gun safes, December 31, 2015
This item works exactly as advertised. The crystals turn from dark blue to pink as they absorb moisture, and "recharge" (ie, dry out) in about 4 hours when plugged in. I'm using two of them: one in a small biometric safe as well as a one in a 10-gun safe. This model is rated for up to 33 cu.ft, but depending on the moisture levels in your location, you may want to go with the next larger model to reduce the frequency of recharging. My experience is that the Eva-Dry E-333 in the larger safe has to be charged much more frequently. Had I gone with the next size up, it would have reduced the frequency of recharging. For an area like a basement closet or winterized boat cabin, I'd definitely go with a larger model.

CF Card to 1.8 inch ZIF Adapter for IPOD
CF Card to 1.8 inch ZIF Adapter for IPOD
Offered by Coolxan168
Price: $6.98
7 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for a 5th gen iPod!, December 11, 2015
I stumbled upon this compact flash adapter for 5th generation iPods when my original 30GB hard drive finally went up. Wow, what a great upgrade! The use of a static memory card instead of mechanical hard drive means the battery now lasts MUCH longer that it ever has, and my iPod is even more responsive. I went with a comparable 32GB card (Kingston 32 GB 266x Ultimate 2 Compact Flash Card CF/32GB-U2) which suits my purposes, but you can go as large as your budget allows.

The instructions that came with the adapter are not very detailed, so if you need better guidance, you can find videos and reference photos on the web that show exactly how to do this entire swap. I was able to replace my cracking faceplate, battery, and hard drive with this adapter and fast, name brand compact flash card for about $60.

New original Black front cover panel faceplate for iPod Video 5th Gen
New original Black front cover panel faceplate for iPod Video 5th Gen
Offered by AN-AO International Co.ltd
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my 5th generation 30GB iPod, December 11, 2015
I replaced the cracked white cover on my 5th generation 30GB iPod while replacing the hard drive (with a compact flash card converter, CF Card to 1.8 inch ZIF Adapter for IPOD) and installing a new battery Lenmar Replacement Battery for iPod classic 5G (30 GB). For my iPod, all of the holes lined up exactly and it now looks brand new. I would have gotten a replacement white cover but the only other Amazon vendor selling white was shipping from China, and I wanted it quickly.

Johnson/Evinrude Ultra 4Stroke Oil 32oz 0764365
Johnson/Evinrude Ultra 4Stroke Oil 32oz 0764365
Offered by HARVARD MARINE
Price: $18.25
3 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best marine engine oil available, November 10, 2015
This is a fantastic 4-stroke synthetic that was top-rated years ago by Trailer Boat magazine. In a test of all of the leading synthetic and marine oils (including Mobile 1), steel plates were soaked in each oil and then exposed to a saltwater environment for a period of months. The EJ Ultra 4-Stroke FAR exceeded every other oil in the test at protecting the metals from corrosion. It was also spec'd for my 2004 Johnson 140HP 4-stroke (made by Suzuki), so that's what I've been using every year. It has an extended life of 200 hours, so I can get through a season with only changing the oil once. My engine is now 12 seasons old, and I've never done anything other than routine maintenance. Like most synthetics, it's worth the added expense.

Hossen® 8-led Light Lamp PIR Auto Sensor Motion Detector [Camera]
Hossen® 8-led Light Lamp PIR Auto Sensor Motion Detector [Camera]
Offered by super shop
Price: $7.97
24 used & new from $4.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great but not as bright as other LEDs, September 25, 2015
I first purchased one of these compact, automatic lights 2 years ago for a small biometric safe so that the light would automatically turn on when I opened the door. I fastened it to the inside ceiling of the safe with double-stick tape, and it turns on every time I reach my hand into it--providing plenty of light to see the contents. So I bought another recently for a larger gun safe. It still works as advertised, but I have noticed limitations in the light quality. In both units I own, the 8 LEDs emit a bluish light that is not as bright as more current LEDs. For example, the 8 LEDs are not nearly as bright as a 3-LED puck tap light that I bought at a local home improvement store. The tap light is not only brighter but also emits a whiter light. In my larger safe, I installed a tap light for additional light when needed.

Spring Valley Timed Release Ultra Multivitamin for Men, 60 Tablets
Spring Valley Timed Release Ultra Multivitamin for Men, 60 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Time-released formula and 2000 IU of Vitamin D, May 26, 2015
My doctor told me to take an extra 2000 I.U. of vitamin D daily due to low vitamin D blood levels. Most men's vitamins only contain 400-700 I.U. of D, so I had to purchase and take an extra pill each day. Then I stumbled upon this formula from Spring Valley which contains 2000 I.U. Perfect. I also like that it's time-released, so it won't upset your stomach and increases absorption.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2015 7:51 AM PDT

Weber 7451 Standard Kettle Cover, Fits 22-1/2-Inch Charcoal Grills
Weber 7451 Standard Kettle Cover, Fits 22-1/2-Inch Charcoal Grills
Price: $8.99
69 used & new from $7.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money. A lawn and leaf bag would last longer., February 17, 2015
You could purchase this cover which may work fine for a season or two of warm weather use… if your winters are mild. Or for the same price, you could buy a box of lawn and leaf bags that would be just as effective and last much longer.

I've owned two of these cheap gray Weber covers and one of the premium black Weber covers for my 22-1/2" Weber kettle grill. Save your money. NONE of the vinyl Weber covers have any durability. When the temps drop below freezing, don't even think of removing this cover to use your grill. It becomes almost as brittle as a potato chip. One of mine cracked simply from the weight of 6" of snow sitting on top of it. When I brushed the snow off, the entire top cracked to pieces.

Chicago Metallic CMB033 Pie Weight for 9 to 11-Inch Pies
Chicago Metallic CMB033 Pie Weight for 9 to 11-Inch Pies
Offered by HOUSE SMART
Price: $8.39
11 used & new from $7.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple design. Easy to use. Easy to clean., February 16, 2015
Simple design. Easy to use, easy to clean (removable silicone ring slips onto rolled edge of metal center), and stores right in a pie plate. Why didn't I think of that!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10