Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Timothy P. Miller > Reviews

Browse

Timothy P. Miller's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Timothy P. Miller RSS Feed (Warner Robins, GA United States)

Dinosaur Valley
Dinosaur Valley
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Great and all ..., December 16, 2009
First off, this brings me back. I used to love to watch this series when it came on tv, and I'm so glad AMAZON has decieded to put it in their VOD service. The picture looks good, and overall I think if you are interested in the show, then this is satisfactory. That being said... WHERE ARE THE DVDS???! I would buy seasons of this show in a heartbeat. I don't understand why more owners of old children's programs try to cash in on us looking for a little nostalgia. Plus this is better than half of the crap that comes on tv today for youngsters. Five stars for the series, Five stars for AMAZON.COM, zero stars for there not being dvds available to purchase. blah

The Wizard of Oz
The Wizard of Oz
DVD ~ Judy Garland
Offered by Great Price Media
Price: $7.99
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star CLASSIC Movie, But DON"T get ripped off !!, October 6, 2009
This review is from: The Wizard of Oz (Blu-ray)
This single disc blu-ray version is the version I own, but do yourself a favor, just go to walmart and buy it for nineteen ninety five and not what these sellers are trying to sell it to you for. As for the movie, CLASSIC, BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, need I say more? MUST-OWN. Just please, don't get ripped off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2010 4:00 PM PST

Orphanage, The [Blu-ray]
Orphanage, The [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Geraldine Chaplin
Price: $9.99
28 used & new from $3.98

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW, Great Ghost Story, December 1, 2008
This review is from: Orphanage, The [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is the first movie in a while that gave me goosebumps and genuinely scared me. IT was awesome. It didn't hurt that I watched it by myself, at midnight with the lights off, on blu ray, and in the middle of a windstorm.. but wow. I can only remember 1 gory part, that really isn't that bad, so the gorehounds aren't going to like this one. But it does have Great atmosphere, and camera work. Very nice picture quality except for a few noticeable spots of grain every now and then, great surround audio, but a little skimpy on the extras. Sometimes I am put off by subtitles, but this wasn't incredibly heavy on dialogue so I didn't mind at all. Overall, if you are looking for an excellent ghost story for a dark windy night, you can't go wrong with The Orphanage. And if you liked this one, then check out ' The Devil's Backbone ', also a great Spanish Ghost story.The Devil's Backbone (Special Edition) **** 4 stars out of 5.
-Tim

Home Alone 2 - Lost in New York
Home Alone 2 - Lost in New York
DVD ~ Macaulay Culkin
9 used & new from $0.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the movie, HATE the DVD, November 12, 2008
This review is not for the movie, which i love, i grew up on this one. It's for the DVD. It is letterbox and looks like crap on a widescreen tv. Wait for them to re-master this one like they did for the original in the 'Family Fun Edition' which i recommend. Do Not, i repeat, DO NOT waste your money on this one. Hope this helps someone not make the mistake i did.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2010 12:03 AM PDT

Toshiba XD-E500 Upconverting 1080p Extended Detail DVD Player
Toshiba XD-E500 Upconverting 1080p Extended Detail DVD Player
2 used & new from $49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 15, 2008
I picked this DVD Player up having read all these reviews saying the huge difference it makes and I'm hoping to help some people out if they are in the market for a DVD Player. I'm comparing it to a Sony upconverting DVD player that was purchased not that long ago on a 42 inch high def lcd TV. Would I recommend the Toshiba XDE-500? Yes. Now the improved picture is only going to be on quality DVD's with a slightly higher bit rate. But it is there, think going from fuzzy to defined. And the contrast option is great for dark scenes, you can really see things better. Is it high def? No. But it's not meant to be. It's a Great upconverting DVD player for those of us that have a massive DVD collection. Personally, I won't be buying anything I already own on Blu-Ray unless it is one of my absolute favorite movies. If you are in the market for a DVD player, this is the one to buy at the moment. Hope this helps.

The Illusion of Progress Limited Edition
The Illusion of Progress Limited Edition
Offered by oldiesrus1
Price: $14.99
12 used & new from $11.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, August 23, 2008
The Illusion of Progress is a great new album ( as of Aug. 23, 2008 ) from one of my favorite bands, Staind. It probably won't satisfy fans that like the heavier Staind music, as most of the songs are a bit slower and on the softer side. But if you would like a Great softer introspective rock album with an edge, check this one out.

The Best Of Curse Of The Spawn
The Best Of Curse Of The Spawn
by Alan McElroy
Price: $11.39
49 used & new from $0.09

1.0 out of 5 stars *!DISAPPOINTMENT!*, September 7, 2006
This book is crap. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to own all of these issues in one book and be able to read them, but this is just crap. The paper is CHEAP stock, there IS NO COLOR in a book that is meant to be color, it is all black and white. You have a hard time making out the art and I cannot stress how cheaply made this horrible book is. My kid brother could do better with a 20 year old black and white copy machine. I am incredibly disappointed and I urge NO ONE to spend their hard earned money on this shoddy book.