Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for RKW > Reviews

Browse

RKW's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RKW RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Beach Belle Women's Plus Size Sarong Front 26-34 Swimsuit 26 Black
Beach Belle Women's Plus Size Sarong Front 26-34 Swimsuit 26 Black
Offered by Swimsuits For All
Price: $48.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beach Belle is my favorite brand for swim suits., June 11, 2016
I had a Beach Belle bathing suit for years but in a different color. My old one was looking pretty beat up, so I bought similar Beach Belle bathing suit like my original. The swim suit fits well, it was a good price, and I'm using it daily! Totally recommend!

Infinite Regress (Schooled in Magic Book 9)
Infinite Regress (Schooled in Magic Book 9)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book despite it's flaws, June 11, 2016
Some people feel like this book was a retread of the book plots in the past - the school is in trouble, lives are at stake, and only Emily seems smart enough to save them. I'll give them that, but I still enjoyed the book.

Another person said that the character needs to grow up. I'll point out that she had been heavily traumatized on Earth before she came to Nameless World. Her mother is a major alcoholic and emotionally abuses her, her step-father is VERY emotionally abusive, and I am pretty sure that if she stayed living on Earth he would have raped her or worse. She also is a loner on Earth and doesn't have any friends. The author has also said she has Aspergers / highly functioning autism. Being a Child of an Alcoholic myself, you are parentified and not allowed to grow up emotionally normal, but instead there are part of you that are too adult and parts of you that are very childlike. Without help (I've had lots of therapy) and changing of coping mechanisms from what you used when you are a child (that don't work at all as an adult), you will have a MUCH harder time being an adult.

It's hard for someone who has been that abused to grow up. She's going to have two steps forward, and one step back. This growing is pretty normal for someone who has been traumatized so badly growing up. Knowing my own experience, Emily is a late bloomer but she's working on it and these things take time.

Another person commented that the school administration's highly inconsistent behavior towards Emily. She's a child of destiny, which means she has a lot of pressure and responsibility, which she is having a hard time dealing with. She is also not from Nameless World. She is still immature in many ways and she's 20 or 21 (can't remember), which is very much an adult there. They also just changed the person who is in charge of the school. People aren't exactly consistent when they are worried and scared, and they have definite cause for concern when it comes to Emily. She's odd in many ways when it comes to being a person of a different culture. I think the inconsistency is authentic.

Just my two cents, your mileage may vary.

Danum Infuser Water Bottle - 32 oz Infusion Sports Bottle - Turquoise - NEW Design for 2016!!
Offered by Danum Gear
Price: $7.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Gets mold on it very easily :-(, June 11, 2016
Even though I washed it and then dried it thoroughly, somehow it got mold on the inside of the plastic that screws together. I ran it through the wash machine, did not help. I'm pretty teed off because this water bottle worked for only two weeks.

2 Channel KID SIZE Universal IR Infrared Wireless or Wired Car Headphones Autotain Cloud
Offered by OnFair
Price: $22.99
4 used & new from $19.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Work Well For the Price, June 11, 2016
I bought these headphones for my Honda Odyssey to allow my 3 year old kid to watch her favorite cartoons after she broke her first (different) pair. So far these headphones work really well. My only warning is that it is really easy for my kiddo to adjust the headphones so that they don't fit perfectly on her head, but she doesn't do it too often.

Fire Song (City of Dragons Book 1)
Fire Song (City of Dragons Book 1)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and refreshing plot line, June 1, 2016
There is a glut of urban fantasy / paranormal romance books out there. Many of them I read a few chapters, get bored, and move on to the next book.

I read this whole book. That is high praise indeed. I liked the characters, I liked the plot, and book was unusual in the fact that the main female character was actually strong enough to leave the Alphahole male (with good reason.) I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

Voice of Mars (Starship's Mage Book 3)
Voice of Mars (Starship's Mage Book 3)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Space Opera, April 8, 2016
I really enjoy this space opera series. Good writing, good plot, can't wait for the next book in the series.

Half-Boys and Gypsy Girls: Spookshow 5
Half-Boys and Gypsy Girls: Spookshow 5
Price: $4.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Urban Fantasy with people in their 30s, February 28, 2016
I honestly really like this series. The Urban Fantasy protagonist isn't a young person int their teens or early 20s. Instead it's a person is / nearing 30 and is trying to get her life together. I'm actually on the authors mailing list I enjoy this series so much.

Ravenward
Ravenward
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a Greek tragedy wrapped up in a medieval fantasy situation., October 11, 2015
This review is from: Ravenward (Kindle Edition)
***** Edit Jun 11, 2016 *****

I tried reading the next book in the series, and I just couldn't do it. It is the same old,"Poor young man finds out his parents are not biological, but really he's royalty and fights to get his rights backs" plot and I just wasn't interested.

I still really enjoyed this book. Even thought I got it for free, I am pretty sure I would still buy this book. I think you could read it as a stand alone, pretty much knowing how the series will end from the plot.

**********************************

I really enjoyed the book except for the ending. I'm not going to give away the ending, but when one of the main characters in the book dies, you go,"Well, crap, I didn't expect that would happen!" One of the characters is a bit of a Greek Cassandra, where this person makes predictions that are going to happen, but nobody believes the person until it is way too late. The book to me is a bit of a Greek tragedy wrapped up in a medieval fantasy situation.

I got this book for free, but I am totally willing pay for the next book.

Stalked by Flames: Book 1 (Dragon's Breath Series)
Stalked by Flames: Book 1 (Dragon's Breath Series)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars To paraphrase from the book - "I thought the end would come, but not like this, with dragons.", October 11, 2015
I surprisingly very much enjoyed reading this book. I think it's a pretty original idea to have dragons "come back" to Earth via another dimension and the apocalypse of human civilization starts. I think the funniest but truest part of the book is when one of the characters, who you can tell is a bit of a doomsday prepper says something to the fact of,"I thought the end would come, but not like this, with dragons." This book isn't really funny, but I did LOL at that part.

Can't wait for the next book in the series!

Bringing up the Bodies: Spookshow 4
Bringing up the Bodies: Spookshow 4
Price: $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepiest series that I have read in a long time!, October 11, 2015
This whole series is creepy. I keep reading this series after everyone has gone to bed, the house is quiet, and the books leave me freaked out. I really enjoy the characters and how they act and react to everything. The ghosts are not good "people", they are mostly creepy or downright scary as heck. I totally recommend this book and the series!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4