Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Matthew G. Sherwin > Reviews

Browse

Matthew G. Sherwin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4820
Top Reviewer Ranking: 423

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew G. Sherwin RSS Feed (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Money Belt - Hidden Travel Pouch with 100% RFID Blocking Hidden Waist Stash Security Money Belt with Special Gifts: 1xPassport & 1xCredit Card RFID Sleeves & Money Clip - Enhance Your Security Now!
Offered by Gentle Hug
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all but this could be better still, May 17, 2016
This money belt and passport holder combination with RFID protection is very good but unfortunately not truly 100% of what I thought it would be. I give the highest marks possible for the actual money belt with its two zippered pockets and its incredibly easy to put on, comfortable fit with that adjustable waist strap. The passport holder, however, is slightly too thin to hold my standard American passport and I was somewhat disappointed with that. True, if I force it I can get the passport into its RFID holder but the manufacturer needs to make the passport holder slightly larger. There is also a pretty standard money clip that comes with this RFID protection money belt and passport holder.

The money belt also offers RFID credit card protection. Although there may be only one pocket for a credit card you can always just put in more credit cards and they will be protected against RFID theft.

Four stars--five stars for that outstanding money belt and three stars for a RFID passport holder that is slightly too small to truly hold and protect even just a standard size American passport.

SC Johnson Drano Max Build-Up Remover
SC Johnson Drano Max Build-Up Remover
Offered by Farm & Home Supply Center
Price: $56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !!!, October 1, 2015
This product works like a charm! It always gets rid of any build-up in my bathroom drains and I love how fast it works. They say to first pour some warm water down the drain to moisten it a bit and then just follow the rest of the instructions to get the maximum effect. Highly recommended; but as of the time I am writing this review you may be able to get SC Johnson Drano Max Build-Up Remover at a lower cost in a brick and mortar store near you.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2016 8:18 AM PST

Ensure Regular Nutrition Shake, Chocolate, 8-Ounce, 16 Count
Ensure Regular Nutrition Shake, Chocolate, 8-Ounce, 16 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, September 9, 2015
Ensure really came in handy (it was practically a necessity) after I had major surgery a few weeks ago to repair two hernias simultaneously. Right after my operation it was very, very difficult to keep any solid foods down; I was restricted to a liquid diet for several days. I drank Ensure to give me energy and vitamins while I was recovering from my operation. It's also delicious and a pleasant drink just for when you want to give yourself a vitamin/protein boost to supplement your diet. I highly recommend this product.

Nabisco Ritz Crackers Roasted Vegetable
Nabisco Ritz Crackers Roasted Vegetable
Offered by Onlid
Price: $13.45
3 used & new from $9.22

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent crackers, February 20, 2015
These Ritz Roasted Vegetable Crackers by Nabisco are terrific! True, as another reviewer notes they have a slightly oily taste to them but it didn't really bother me--in fact, I think the oily flavor brings out the vegetable taste even more! I love to snack on these and they go great with quite a few different types of cheese! I particularly enjoy these crackers with sharp cheddar cheese--they're all right by me!

Gillette Mach3 Base Cartridges 15 Count
Gillette Mach3 Base Cartridges 15 Count
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a review from a satisfied customer !!!, February 14, 2015
As other guys have stated when reviewing this cartridge for shaving by Gillette, I also have a thick beard that comes in fast! (After just three days I begin to look as if I've been stranded on a desert island!) These Mach 3 cartridges really do an excellent job although I will say that I bought mine in a local brick and mortar store; therefore it's hard for me to comment about the mixed reviews that have been posted for this product.

Unlike the many different razors I have used in the past, these Mach3 cartridges give me an amazing, close shave without nicking me all over. I also like how the lubricating strip changes color to white so I can instantly tell that it's time to change the cartridge.

I highly recommend these Mach3 Base cartridges for shaving by Gillette. If you have concerns about the quality of the cartridges you'll get you can always try them first by getting them at a local store before buying them on this website.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2015 7:35 PM PST

Swan Songs, First Flights
Swan Songs, First Flights
Price: $43.54
46 used & new from $29.79

5.0 out of 5 stars celebrating the immortal Judy Garland, February 10, 2015
When I was young, I watched "The Wizard of Oz" on television as often as I could. I remember being mesmerized by Judy Garland's performance as Dorothy although of course the other characters are also unforgettable! As time has gone by there have been more and more CD releases of Judy's artistry and that's wonderful--this is the latest 3 CD release and I love how it focuses on both her incredible ability to perform so well in her last years with us as well as her "first flights," some priceless recordings that Judy made mostly before she started at MGM.
There are songs on this 3 CD set that have never seen the light of day and it's a true delight to listen to these CDs and marvel at how Judy could still "wow `em" even when "they" said she had lost her voice completely and couldn't belt out a song--period. Fortunately, "they" were wrong: these songs easily prove just how passionately Judy could still sing and belt out a tune whenever she wanted to and that's grand.
This is a must-have for any Garland fan--and really anyone who appreciates the work of Judy Garland, one of the most talented people we've ever seen or ever will see. Listen to how she wows her audience with a type of interaction that displays genuine warmth and that incredible voice of hers; you won't be disappointed. It's incredible how these recordings have been so carefully restored so we can continue to celebrate the great Judy Garland.
Here is a track listing so you can see just what you'll be getting with this fine CD set; there isn't a bad song in the lot--what an exceptional performer Judy was! I should also mention that the 3 CD set comes with a fine booklet that includes photos of Judy and Judy with her sisters and there are liner notes by Lawrence Schulman; John H. Haley; Scott Brogan and John Meyer.
CD NUMBER ONE

Do I Love You?
By Myself
That's Entertainment!
Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody
For Once in My Life (reprise)
"Over the Rainbow" played by the Orchestra

I Loved Him, But He Didn't Love Me

Tribute to Harold Arlen, November 17, 1968:
It's a New World
Get Happy
Orchestral "I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues"
Over the Rainbow (E.Y. Harburg-Harold Arlen)

CD TWO

Talk of the Town in London, England, (Judy performed there from December 30, 1968 to February 1, 1969):
I Belong to London
Just in Time
Just in Time (reprise)
Medley: You Made Me Love You/For Me and My Gal/The Trolley Song
For Once In My Life
San Francisco
Chicago

Talk of the Town, London, U.K. :
I Belong to London (reprise)
Medley: You Made Me Love You/For Me and My Gal/The Trolley Song

"Over the Rainbow" played by the Orchestra
Chicago
San Francisco

BONUS TRACKS:
Interview by Hans Vangkilde for Danmarks Radio, March 26, 1969, King Frederick Hotel
Rehearsal at Half Note Club, June 15, 1969
I Love a Piano
When Sunny Gets Blue

FIRST FLIGHTS: (also on the third CD)
That's the Good Old Sunny South ( performed by The Gumm Sisters)
Where the Butterflies Kiss the Buttercups Goodnight ( sung by The Gumm Sisters)
Blue Butterfly (Frances Gumm)
Hang On to a Rainbow )Frances Gumm)
The Land of Let's Pretend (by The Gumm Sisters)
Bill
Medley: On the Good Ship Lollipop/The Object of My Affection/Dinah
La Cucaracha ( sung by The Garland Sisters)
I'm Feelin' Like a Million
Silent Night
If I Forget You
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2015 12:25 PM PDT

CARA  Dermatological Cotton Gloves, Large, 24 Count
CARA Dermatological Cotton Gloves, Large, 24 Count
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars all right by me !!!, November 19, 2014
These gloves have been a great help to me as my hands have very dry skin during the colder months of the year here in New York. I rub in some skin moisturizer on my hands and while I'm wearing these gloves the moisturizer never rubs off because the gloves keep the moisturizer on my hands! I should add, though, that the gloves tend to run a bit small so I am using the large size even though my hands really are medium-sized.

The softness of the cotton is excellent (feels great) and even if they shrink a little after washing them they still last a while before I have to switch to a new pair from the box.

I am also very pleased that I can still do things like type when I am wearing these gloves.

I recommend these cotton gloves by Cara.

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive with 200GB of Cloud Storage & Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 (STDR1000100) - Black
Price: Click here to see our price
129 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars "I'm no schoolboy but I know what I like..." -- The Rolling Stones, August 21, 2014
I haven't completely kept up with all the latest computer technology so I was amazed and impressed by just how useful this 1 TB backup external hard drive is! I bought this at a local brick and mortar store and the only glitch was that at first my computer didn't recognize this external hard drive right away--but I kept it plugged into my USB port and rebooted my computer and then my computer recognized it very quickly!

The installation was then a breeze and so was registering this product. I was also very satisfied with the speed at which I was able to backup all the files that I wanted to backup in case my computer's hard drive ever crashes (as it has twice in the last two years alone)! It's easy to do additional backups and it's very easy to look at the files stored on the external hard drive--my Windows 7 PC automatically gave me a popup "box" that allowed me to choose to look at the files on the drive with very little effort. (It also works with USB 2.0.)

Despite the very minor glitch with my computer not recognizing this device right away I definitely recommend this external hard drive. It's got lots of space for many, many files and I can easily access them using my computer any time I want--I love it! The only way Seagate could improve this product is to make the USB cord attaching the external drive to the computer a few inches longer, but this is a relatively minor quibble since it really does the job well.

17OZ Penetrex Gel
17OZ Penetrex Gel
Price: $5.56
6 used & new from $4.64

4.0 out of 5 stars worked for me !!! (4.5 stars), August 3, 2014
This review is from: 17OZ Penetrex Gel
Liquid Plumr Penetrex Urgent Clear really did the trick when my bathroom sink was fully clogged; it had been draining slower and slower and I was hoping my handyman could take care of it but the sink simply stopped draining and I was forced to take care of it myself.

Initially it didn't look like this gel type liquid was going to work--the first few minutes the water level remained the same! However, I came back to the sink about 7 minutes later with a pot full of boiling hot water to flush it and I was very pleased to see that the gel had indeed worked and that there was no more water in the sink. I guess flushing the hot water down the sink also helped; they do say that you should do this as part of the instructions on the back of the bottle.

I have to agree with the reviewer who writes that it is a bit odd that for only partially clogged drains you should wait 15 minutes to pour down the very hot water instead of the 7 minutes to wait before pouring down the hot water if the drain is fully clogged. That surprises me and confuses me somewhat.

Nevertheless, the bottom line, in my opinion, is that this product does work and I would recommend it. I should add that my handyman thinks that if the pipe underneath the sink is white then you can use this product with less potential damage to the pipe than if the pipe is not white (!!!) but I admit I don't fully understand why that should be the case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2014 2:26 AM PDT

Boop-Boop-A-Doop
Boop-Boop-A-Doop
12 used & new from $14.74

5.0 out of 5 stars a great compilation of Helen Kane's songs, May 25, 2014
This review is from: Boop-Boop-A-Doop (Audio CD)
Helen Kane (born Helen Schroeder in New York, August 4, 1904 [or 1903] – September 26, 1966) sings delightfully on this CD with 27 tracks including 4 that were recorded in 1950 and 1951 when she experienced a true revival in her career. True, Helen’s career did have its ups and downs, but on this album she sings marvelously and I always enjoy listening to her sing! These songs have been presented here from her 78rpm recordings and indeed we get all of Helen’s 78rpm recordings on just one CD—a great feature!

Helen is in perfect form all throughout these numbers; her keen sense of timing and excellent diction served her well. Moreover, the musical accompaniments are very well arranged. We hear her work so well with greats like Leonard Joy & His Orchestra; Nat Shilkret & His Orchestra; Jimmy Carroll & His Orchestra; George Siravo & His Orchestra and even André Previn & His Orchestra!
In addition, there are songs that couldn't have been done any better than Helen Kane does them here—two versions of “I Wanna Be Loved By You” (one version from 1928 and the other from 1950 when Helen dubbed Debbie Reynolds’ voice in “Three Little Words”); He’s So Unusual” from the 1929 film “Sweetie” starring Helen and there are other numbers of particular interest from the films “Dangerous Nan McGrew;” “Pointed Heels” and “Heads Up!” I really have to say that given Helen’s terrific voice it’s a puzzle to me as to why she didn't have a longer career as a songbird particularly in films but at least what she gave us is memorable and very long lasting.

I highly recommend this CD for fans of Helen Kane and anyone who likes this genre of music. Helen was a true artist and I admire her so much!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20