Profile for SCM and MHC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SCM and MHC RSS Feed (Houston, TX United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Verbatim Folio Pocket Case for iPhone 5/5S, Mocha Brown 98088
Verbatim Folio Pocket Case for iPhone 5/5S, Mocha Brown 98088
Price: $18.96
18 used & new from $13.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection in a very slim case., March 7, 2015
Buying my second Folio. I've dropped the first HARD several times with no damage to phone. Finally, a piece of plastic holding the phone broke.
I've seen too many broken screens to trust a case that doesn't cover the screen.
The iPhone speaker is very good with this case. It's the slimmest case I could find and it's easy to carry in a coat or jeans pocket.
Read the other reviews for more info.

Mac Knife Ceramic Honing Rod, 10-1/2-Inch, Black
Mac Knife Ceramic Honing Rod, 10-1/2-Inch, Black
Offered by The House of Rice Store
Price: $54.95
3 used & new from $54.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Coarse and fine on one sharpener, August 2, 2014
Coarse and fine on one sharpener. I like this ceramic much more than several standard steels we have. Puts a fine edge on all our knives quickly. I particularly like that, if I am careful, I get good feedback when the edge is at the correct angle.

Danner 04540 Air Pump 2900 Cubic-Inches Minimum Air Volume
Danner 04540 Air Pump 2900 Cubic-Inches Minimum Air Volume
Price: $101.95
20 used & new from $98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the supplied splitter/diffuser might be a good choice. The fish tell me they are much ..., August 2, 2014
Our pond is roughly 8,000 gallons (3 ft deep)
I have the tube weighted down and open at the bottom of the pond and it puts out a very high volume of air. Not too much for our pond, but in a smaller pond, the supplied splitter/diffuser might be a good choice.
The fish tell me they are much happier now. :)

Cajun Chef Pickled Green Tomatoes
Cajun Chef Pickled Green Tomatoes
Offered by Cajun Supermarket
Price: $18.49
2 used & new from $14.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy these direct from CajunGrocer.com and save big $, April 17, 2014
I just discovered these and love them. They have a tang but not really spicy. (I am a baby regarding hot peppers!)
Here's what I paid in Apr 2014:

Cajun Chef Green Tomato Pickles sku 2817 ***8 jars (16 oz each)*** $22.80
Subtotal $22.80
Shipping & Handling $11.05
Grand Total $33.85
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 12:44 AM PDT

Time-limited Discount ![Upgraded] Saicoo™6A/30W 4 USB High output Ports Car Charger(83CM Cable Length), with separated ON/OFF Switch /LED indicator and one Silicone Paste and Velcro, Charger for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4; iPads and iPods; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note 2, Note3; Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX; HTC One X V S and more - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Enough for a car full of devices, October 23, 2013
Flexible enough for driver, passenger, and kids in the back seat.
Well made.

On/off buttons on each port prevent this charger from discharging the car battery (if you remember to turn them off.)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2013 9:52 AM PST

Micro SATA Cables - mSATA to Micro SATA Adapter Srew Mount
Micro SATA Cables - mSATA to Micro SATA Adapter Srew Mount
Offered by Micro SATA Cables
Price: $9.75
2 used & new from $6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine in my Sony Vaio Z, October 23, 2013
Easily swapped a mSata 256Gb drive for a broken micro-Sata 128Gb drive. I used a little electrical tape to secure everything.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 12:23 PM PDT

Anker 25W 5-Port Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for Smartphones, Tablets and Many Other Devices (White)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $25.99
4 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My new travel charger, October 23, 2013
PLUSES:
This charger solves two problems encountered when traveling overseas.
1. Five outlets is enough for all the electronics I carry plus my friends phones.
2. The Anker's 3' cable with a 220V adapter should be stable and unlikely to fall out of the wall socket. 110V plugs require a 220V adapter. Other chargers plug directly into the wall socket and, when the charger is hanging off a 220V adapter, the entire contraption tends to fall on the floor and disconnect.
3. The Anker seems well made.

MINUSES
1. It would be nice if the amperage for each socket was printed on the device. I wrote it in magic marker. (Yes, the device name is there, but sometimes the amperage is more useful.)
2. Of course, for travel, it would be nice if the entire package was even smaller and lighter.

Luminox Men's 6402.BO Stainless-Steel Analog Bezel Watch
Luminox Men's 6402.BO Stainless-Steel Analog Bezel Watch
Offered by luxurywatchstore
Price: $583.00
8 used & new from $583.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but WARNING link pins fall out, August 21, 2013
This is my third Luminox watch and second LUMINOX-6402-BO.

The first LUMINOX-6402-BO started having a problem with the pins holding the links loosening and falling out. Eventually, one of the pins fell out completely and I lost the watch.

I bought a replacement 3 months ago, and I am already having the same problem. Several of the pins keep coming loose. I do not want to lose this watch again!

I called the Luminox Service Center - no help and no sympathy. The band is not warrantied. In any case, I would have to return the watch to them for repair, at my expense.

I called Luminox (Lumondi) headquarters directly - again no sympathy. Even though the watch is only 3 months old, it's my problem. I have to return the watch to the Service Center and they will decide what they can do.

Their overall attitude is "You and your problem are nothing special. We will not give even a good, repeat customer the benefit of the doubt. We will not acknowledge that our product might be defective. Follow our procedures if you want any response from Luminox. We don't make exceptions."

I'll probably take it to a local watch repair shop that I trust. Luminox's customer service can .......

Other than that, I love the watch. Especially, the easy-to-read, luminous hands and markers. I thought 100% black would be too much. But my fashion consultant (my wife :-)) approves - and I wear it casual and dressy, no problem. Never had any other repair problem.

I can see this watch might be small on a large wrist. I'm 6 ft, 190#, my wrist is average, and the watch size is perfect. YMMV
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2013 8:08 PM PST

Jake Bugg
Jake Bugg

4.0 out of 5 stars Great talent - Unique sound - a little Appalachian, a little country rock, all with an edge., August 4, 2013
This review is from: Jake Bugg (MP3 Music)
Great singer songrwriter. Catchy but definitely not pop. Unique sound - a little Appalachian, a little country rock, all with an edge. Similar to early Dylan in places. His lyrics are clever and about life, through the eyes of a young guy. Love songs are there too but Jake is much more than that. Agree - best new talent in a long time. Others I've played this for agree - we expect to hear much more from him. Hope to see him in Dallas in Oct.
Four stars because not every song is superb. But still a great album.

Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Open-Access Lid
Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Open-Access Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mug, but silver only - beware of colored versions, July 16, 2013
I second all the five star reviews. Best ever mug, substantially better than my previous best ever mug (OXO Good Grips LiquiSeal Travel Mug). After 2-3 hrs, the coffee is still adequately hot. Never spills. Easy to clean.
I prefer the 20 oz. - It holds enough coffee.

But BEWARE of the colored mugs. The annodized color starts to peel off after a while. Very unattractive. This happened to both of our colored mugs. I suspect the dishwasher does this.

Once this peeling begins, the only solution is to scrape off the rest of the color. I did it with a sharp knife. Easily done, but takes a little time. Looks good now. Perhaps a power wire brush would work also. Now I have three silver stainless mugs. :-)

I bought mine at Costco in two-packs (20 oz) for $20! But I haven't seen them there for a while.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3