Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Adam > Reviews

Browse

Adam's Profile

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam RSS Feed (Oregon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
C2G / Cables To Go 09482 18 AWG Universal Power Cord for NEMA 5-15P to IEC320C13, Black (15 Feet/4.57 Meters)
Price: $7.15
68 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 15 Feet of power cord, what else do you need?, October 20, 2015
It's a solidly constructed 15ft power cord. Allows me to plug my wall mounted TV in, and string the power cord all the way to the ground.

Maybe I should have grabbed a right angled plug. It works regardless.

Car Mount, Blue-Garuda Magnetic Air Vent Phone Holder - As Seen On TLD Today for iPhone 6 Plus 5s 5c, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5 S4, Note 5 4, Google Nexus 5 4, LG G4, GPS Devices - With Extra Bonus
Offered by Blue-Garuda
Price: $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple way to hold your phone, October 20, 2015
If you've never used one of these magnetic mounts - you're missing out.

They're incredibly simple - the magnetic part slides over the fins in a vent where you want to mount your phone. It's rubbery so it grips the plastic well, and the "fingers" are very sturdy so they hold well.

Next you simply install the metal plate that shipped with the magnetic mount, on the back of your phone. I stick mine to the inside of my case.

You're done - just line up the metal plate with the magnet, and it will hold your phone.

Your phone might bounce or vibrate a bit, but that's the case with most mounts. Also, it does basically block a heater/air conditioning vent in your car. If you frequently drive around with your heater blasting (or the air conditioning blasting) expect your phone to get very warm/cold. Obviously if your phone gets too hot, it might shut down/give you a warning. You might notice weirdness if your phone gets too cold as well, I haven't personally but I have heard of that being an issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2015 1:17 PM PST

BlueRigger Cat5e Ethernet Patch Cable (25 Feet, Blue)
BlueRigger Cat5e Ethernet Patch Cable (25 Feet, Blue)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 25 Feet of CAT5E, October 16, 2015
Pretty straightforward, it's a cable. You plug each end into a device that needs connected. They link up, it works. You're done.

The cable feels nice, and it doesn't have an annoying boot over the plug. Plugs perfectly into my router and computer.

Audio-Technica HP-SC-WH Replacement Cable for M Series Headphones
Audio-Technica HP-SC-WH Replacement Cable for M Series Headphones
Offered by Soundprofessionals
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $16.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement!, October 16, 2015
I broke the included short cable for my ATH-M50x headphones, stepped on the 1/8" side and broke the tip off. Completely my fault.

Since this cable is already fairly short I didn't want to cut into it and put a new 1/8" plug on it (also the 1/8" plug on this is slim enough to plug into my iPhone while in a case, etc.)

This is an exact replacement for the short 1/8" cable that comes with the ATH-M50x headphones. Only complaint is that it's not an inexpensive cable, however the quality of the cable is excellent so I didn't mind replacing it.

Goliton AUX 3.5mm Cable Connect iPod iPhone MP3 Phone Audio to Mazda Car Player (2 Meter Long)
Offered by Soliport
Price: $9.95
37 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Add an Aux input with ease!, October 16, 2015
Purchased this cable when I found out that the 2008 Mazda 6 that I had didn't have an Auxiliary input.

This clips right into the back of the stock stereo, and the other end plugs into your audio source, just press the "Media" button on the radio and voila - you've got and Aux input. If your phone is charging, you might end up getting a bit of ground loop feedback through the speakers. If its bad enough, you might need to get a ground loop isolator. It wasn't too bad in my car, but yours might be different. Not a fault of the cable though.

Installation isn't too bad - if you're comfortable installing car audio products. Installation on the Mazda 6 required removal of the center console (held in by clips) removal of the 3 HVAC controls (2 have screws behind them), removal of 2 screws under the center console, and removal of one screw behind the glove box. (Which requires removal of the glove box)

I initially consulted YouTube for some installation videos, there were a few that showed the process, and following them proved to be reasonably easy. Here's the steps I ended up taking.

1) remove shift knob from automatic shifter (manuals might be different?) - just turn it to loosen it. It's threaded on there.
2) remove center console - start pulling up near your cup holders and you should see a gap, you might need to do a bit of prying here. The center console is made up of two pieces (one around the shifter handle and another around the e-brake handle). They're clipped together but come apart fairly easily. I did have to separate the two pieces to clear the e-brake handle, the unclip from each other with ease. I also had to put the shift lever into N or D to clear the shift handle. There are two light bulbs that illuminate the gear shift indicator, you'll need to twist those out, the 12V accessory plug in the front of the center console will also need disconnected. There's a latch on the plug you'll need to press with a flat screwdriver, and it should unclip.
3) You'll need to unscrew the two bolts that are below the HVAC controls. They should be exposed now that you took the center console out.
4) You'll need to unscrew the two bolts behind the HVAC controls. Pull off the temperature control and the vent control - simply grab the knob and pull outward. I also removed the fan control kob - not sure if it was entirely needed. Unscrew these two screws you just exposed.
5) Remove the glovebox - you'll need to press on each side of the glove box, which will allow it to swing lower (past the normal open position), just pull the entire glovebox to you, and it should unclip off of the hinges.
6) This will expose a single 10MM bolt that is bolted into the side of the of the stereo, you'll need a ratchet with an extension to reach this bolt. Remove this bolt.
7) Time to pull the stereo out! - You'll have to do some prying, there are clips holding the stereo in, I was able to pry under the clock/display which gave me enough leverage to free up the stereo. Be careful here because the plastic around the stereo is easily dented scraped by metal tools.
8) You've got the stereo loose! - Look at the back of the stereo, there should be a single spot that your new cable will fit. It's a white jack on the back of the stereo. Mine was on the left hand side of the stereo (looking at the front). It should plug in securely, but there might not be an audible click sound from plugging the cable in.
9) Test it out! - Make sure it works, plug your phone/audio device into the 3.5mm plug cable, start some music, turn the stereo on - put the key in ACC mode, press the media button on the front of the stereo and you should be greeted by your music through your car speakers.
10) Route the cable. I was able to route the cable down the left side of the stereo area, and out the right side of the drivers footwell. From there I pulled the slack out of it, and had plenty of cable to plug in my phone.
11) Reassemble. Push the stereo back into place, install all of the screws, bolts and knobs back into place. Clip the center console back in, put the glovebox back in, and you should be done! Don't forget to reconnect the 12V accessory plug and to reinstall the light bulbs around the gear selector!

SMSL SD793-II PCM1793 DIR9001 DAC Digital Audio Decoder Amplifier, Black
SMSL SD793-II PCM1793 DIR9001 DAC Digital Audio Decoder Amplifier, Black
Offered by Homeself
Price: $89.99
16 used & new from $61.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about value!, October 16, 2015
I purchased this device to upgrade the audio of my Audio-Technica ATH-M50xWH Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I absolutely love the headphones, and I've heard many times that adding a quality headphone amp and DAC will make the headphones shine. So I decided to start small, with an inexpensive DAC/amp combo.

Physically the unit feels great, the power cord that is included has a great length, and it's also not a "wall wart" style of transformer. The controls are fairly intuitive - possibly a bit minimalist. There's a single button for powering the unit on and off, and button for selecting the audio source. There are also indicator LEDs above each button to indicate the function of the unit. "Green" above the power switch seems to indicate that the unit is in low power / standby mode - it's not actively decoding an audio signal. "Red" means that it is receiving an audio signal.

Above the source button, this LED indicates if you're selected on the optical or coaxial audio input. "Red" means optical, "Green" means coaxial.

The volume control has a nice feel to it, along with the entire outside of the case. On my specific unit, it seems that the DC Power jack is somewhat tight, and the optical audio jack is somewhat loose. Neither have caused any issues, but it is worth noting.

The unit never seems to get warm at all, even during extended periods of use.

This product just has a stellar bang for the buck! I hooked it up to my 2012 MacBook Pro Retina with this cable: C2G / Cables To Go 27016 Toslink to Mini Toslink Cable (2 Meter/6.6 Feet)

At first I couldn't believe my ears! All of my music immediately sounded better, there was absolutely no background hiss. Even music from Spotify sounded better, lossless audio will blow you away.

Also worth noting - you can change the settings in "Audio MIDI Setup" to output even higher quality audio, so I cranked that up to 96khz / 32-bit. Which appears to be supported by this DAC. Just sounds awesome.

Next test was my Xbox One. I frequently use the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to plug in my headphones, and it was a pretty good audio experience, but nothing to write home about.

When I switched to the Headphone Amp/DAC combo, again I couldn't believe my ears, I was hearing sounds that I hadn't heard before in games, so much more detail. Obviously this only supports 2-Channel stereo audio, so I made sure to configure the Xbox to output PCM Stereo / Uncompressed in the audio settings - if you don't do this you'll get a horrific screeching noise.

TL;DR - Buy this product if you have decent headphones, you'll be impressed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 3:43 PM PST

XCSOURCE® New Black High Quality USB WiFi Remote Control Charging Cable For GOPRO Hero 3 3+ 4 OS52
Offered by XCSOURCE Direct
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price on a propietary cable., October 16, 2015
My charging cable that came with my GoPro Wifi Remote stopped working. I had taken it apart and attempted to fix it, but wasn't able to.

This guy looks and feels basically like the original cable, approximately the same length as well, plugged into my GoPro Wifi remote and it immediately started charging.

C2G / Cables To Go 27016 Toslink to Mini Toslink Cable (2 Meter/6.6 Feet)
C2G / Cables To Go 27016 Toslink to Mini Toslink Cable (2 Meter/6.6 Feet)
Offered by Pro-Techgroup
Price: $7.74
34 used & new from $6.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, October 16, 2015
I'm using this cable to connect my 2012 MacBook Pro to my SMSL SD793-II PCM1793 DIR9001 DAC Digital Audio Decoder Amplifier, Black.

The cable its self is an excellent quality cable, the connectors fit snugly into both devices, and the cable feels like a high quality cable.

One caveat with this cable - on my 2012 MBP Retina the round part of the plug is big enough that it partially covers up the USB 3.0 port next to it, making it unusable. I still have one other USB 3.0 port so it's not an issue at my desk.

No converters or anything needed, this plugs into the headphone / multi function port on most newer Macs and outputs an optical audio signal.

You might need to open "Audio MIDI setup" and configure the optical audio output to be configured for the correct bit rate for whatever device you're wanting to output digital audio to. In my case it worked fine without any configuration, but I was able to up the bit rate that I was sending to my DAC/Headphone Amp.

Rosewill Rubber O-Ring Sound Dampeners for Cherry MX Key Switch, 135-Pieces (RO-100B)
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet down that mechanical keyboard!, October 16, 2015
I recently custom ordered a mechanical keyboard from WASD Keyboards - excellent product, I went with Cherry MX Brown switches, they don't have an audible "click" but you can feel their actuation point. However the bottoming out noise is very present with this keyboard setup.

I picked up this set of O-Rings to help absorb some of that force from the keys bottoming out, and I was pleasantly surprised with how much noise they prevented, and how they didn't really affect the feel of the keyboard much at all.

Installing them is an obviously tedious process, I suggest sitting down with your O-Rings, Key Puller and keyboard, turning on a movie or TV show and just going to town with pulling keys and adding O-Rings. Installation took around 30 minutes or so.

JANX Apple MFI Certified 6.6Amp (33 Watt) Dual USB Port Car with Built in Lightning Cable in Car Charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car charger!, October 16, 2015
This is an excellent charger! It's got a nice understated blue LED on it when it's on, not too obnoxious at all. 2 extra USB ports and a integrated lightning cable.

The integrated lightning cable is definitely a licensed connector, I haven't gotten any "This Cable isn't supported" error messages that come with cheap lightning cables. The integrated cable feels like it's good quality as well, very flexible and the "head" of the cable is very similarly sized to the OEM Apple cable. It's slightly larger but doesn't interfere with the cases that we have on our phones or iPad.

The rate of charge from this device is extremely fast, we're able to charge 2 x iPhone 6 and 1 x iPad Mini 2 and they all charge just as quickly as they do when plugged into their 1st party house chargers (maybe even faster in the car for the iPhones)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5