Profile for mrbelanger@hotmail.com > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"mrbelanger@hotmail.com" RSS Feed (Aloha, OR USA)

The Heart of Commitment: Cultivating Lifelong Devotion in Marriage
The Heart of Commitment: Cultivating Lifelong Devotion in Marriage
by Scott Stanley
83 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually helpful.., October 25, 2001
I have read and browsed many a book on relationships to get through the typically rough first couple years of marriage. This is the first that actually offered sincere and truthful advice and inspiring thoughts. What I liked best is that Women are given as much of the blame as the guys are... This is very refreshing from the crap Ive read from Smalley.
A good read and some helpful things to consider.. Very intelligent reading.

by Lois McMaster Bujold
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
75 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but not very thought provoting, October 25, 2001
A Hugo? I find it hard to believe.. This was no Ender's Game. I think my expectations were too high for this work.. It was the first Ive read from Lois McMaster Bujold.. Like others have said -- no problem jumping right into the book without prior knowledge or reading the others in the series.. It is typical of a lot of the science fiction television out there, just wasnt expecting it from a book.. Guess I need to read more.. I was a bit spoiled with Orson Scott Card's Masterpiece ' Ender's Game'.
3 stars -- and not one more.

by Lois McMaster Bujold
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
75 used & new from $0.01

3 stars -- and not one more.