Profile for Marie C. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marie C. RSS Feed

The Sweetest Revenge: A Sexy Regency Romance
The Sweetest Revenge: A Sexy Regency Romance
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time!, January 21, 2013
This might not be the worst book I've ever read but it's pretty darn close! Don't get sucked in by the good reviews like I did, this book is awful...it's repetitive, ridiculous, and so very annoying. Do yourself a favor and skip this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2013 8:20 AM PDT

If I Wait For You
If I Wait For You
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't love this book more if I tried!, January 18, 2012
This review is from: If I Wait For You (Kindle Edition)
I read this book on the off chance that I might like it as much as When A Duke Says I Do, which I thought was spectacular. Boy! Mrs Goodger knows how to write a fantastic story. You've undoubtedly read the synopsis of this book from the other reviewers her so I won't rehash the plot line. Suffice it to say that this is one of the best books I've ever read. I finished this book in a day, it was so darn captivating I just couldn't put it down. Loved It! I can't understand why I'm only NOW just discovering Jane Goodger...

When a Duke Says I Do (Lords and Ladies Series)
When a Duke Says I Do (Lords and Ladies Series)
Price: $5.39

4.0 out of 5 stars I read this book as a last resort and I couldn't put it down!! 4.5 stars, January 17, 2012
I don't waste my time writing a review unless a book is really worth it or just so horrible that I couldn't finish it...and I wasn't sure where this book was going to fall in. I ended up reading this book because I couldn't find anything else to read and boy am I glad about that! This book caught me by complete surprise...I was NOT expecting it to be as good as it was. Once I started reading it I just couldn't put it down. Give this one a chance and you most definitely wont be sorry and that's a promise!!!

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E. L. James
85 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Started off unsure...Finished without a single doubt!!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
Ok...so before I started FSG I was totally excited. I mean come on, look at all the great 5 star reviews! Then I started reading it and I wasn't so sure anymore. I thought initially that the writing was a bit amateurish but, I decided that I was gonna forge on because I didn't want to prematurely give up on the book after only 20 pages. The book turned out to be absoF@*$inglutely great once I surrendered to the story and let go of my little pet peeves. I didn't give it a total of 5 stars because I got annoyed with all the references to Ana's "inner goddess" and all her "oh my's". I mean honestly! It was to the point that I had to pretend they didn't exist and completely skip over them in order to enjoy the scenes. That said, what I loved about this book was the angst of a relationship unfolding...the doubts, the trust issues, feeling out situations and finding a way to navigate them with the other person. The emails between Ana and Christian were amazing and I felt incredibly authentic... I'll definitely be reading the next two books! I hope you give this book a chance...it's really worth the investment.

Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead
Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It changed my mind about the benefits of juicing!, September 10, 2011
I'm someone who has more than a few nutrition classes under her belt and I thought I knew the pros and cons of juicing fairly well (that being less pros and more cons), but boy was I wrong! I've recently read T. Colin Campbell's "The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health" and was blown away by his research. I noticed that a lot of the people who bought that also bought this documentary...I thought I'd watch it to see what it was about not realizing it was all about juicing. I can say to my shame that I almost let my preconceived notions get the better of me and considered turning it off. I'm glad that I didn't! This documentary was truly inspirational. It was the perfect blend of humor and information and it wasn't boring for even a minute. I highly recommend watching it and allowing yourself to be inspired by Joe and Phil's journey to reclaim their health.

Pleasure Me
Pleasure Me
by Monica Burns
Price: $13.18
51 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring & did not finish, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Pleasure Me (Paperback)
This is the 2nd Monic Burns book that I've tried to read and it's the second one I could not finish. I thought both the H & h were just a bit too annoying for my taste. I can appreciate the premise of the book and the idea is one that obviously I find interesting or I wouldn't have bought it to begin with. I'll try to explain my frustration with this book. Have you ever meet someone that you liked immediately and became fast friends with only to realize that the more time you spend with them the more annoying they become? You've learned everything about them so fast that theirs no mystery to them? That's what the characters in this book were like to me. I thought that they opened up way too quickly about their issues and after that happened I was just bored with them and their relationship. When I read a book I like to savor it...I like to learn about the characters and what makes them the way they are slowly, it's the hook that sinks into me and keeps me reading and trying to understand them as people. It's the intricacies and complexities of the human spirit that keeps me turning a page.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2011 6:38 PM PDT

How to Marry a Duke (Historical Romance Grand Central Publishing)
How to Marry a Duke (Historical Romance Grand Central Publishing)
by Vicky Dreiling
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.05
127 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Really???, January 30, 2011
It's getting increasingly more difficult to find good books these days. I was hoping that this book would be different then what it was. I can't actually believe that people read this book and decided that it was worth even 3 stars! The writing is just not good (very unsophisticated), and the story line!?! Please! This book is not worth the $7.99 price tag. In fact I couldn't even finish it! I wouldn't waste my time or money on this one.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2011 1:17 AM PDT

When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales)
When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales)
by Eloisa James
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.89
170 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe how good this book was!, January 26, 2011
I have read many books by E. James and what always keeps me coming back to her is the humor with which she crafts her stories. This one is no exception. I found my self laughing out loud at times and then crying into my tissue at others. This is one book that I can see myself re-reading again and again it was that good.