Profile for A. Brue > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 98

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Brue "Black Unycorn" RSS Feed (Anchorage, AK USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Hagen Exo Terra Coco Husk Terrarium Substrate, 7-Quart
Hagen Exo Terra Coco Husk Terrarium Substrate, 7-Quart
Price: $2.99
6 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, November 9, 2014
I really like this product. I use a combination of 2 bricks of this, and one brick of the Zoo Med Eco Earth Compressed Coconut Fiber Substrate (the smaller/finer stuff) as bug-resistant, mold-resistant substrate material for my tegu. I like this stuff because she can burrow and yet it doesn't get muddy or mucky like just the fine stuff alone. I mist her container daily and so the substrate is constantly wet.

When I say "resistant" I mean it. For about a month, I get NO bugs or mold visible. For about 2 more weeks, I can pick through and get a good environment. Then I have to change. This seems like it lasts for a longer bug-free, mold-free time period between changes than with any other substrate I've used (kritter's krumbles, coco soft, fine coco alone, etc etc).

Zilla 11596 8-1/2-Inch Premium Reflector Dome For Up to 150-Watt Bulbs, Black
Zilla 11596 8-1/2-Inch Premium Reflector Dome For Up to 150-Watt Bulbs, Black
Price: $11.42
25 used & new from $9.22

5.0 out of 5 stars These are so dependable!, November 9, 2014
We have about 10 of these in both the larger (this size) and the smaller 4 1/2" size for UVB CFs, and all work great (we have a lot of reptiles). Be careful when unscrewing bulbs as it can get hot and the expansion can make the ceramic parts want to unscrew rather than your bulb. Wait until completely cool to change bulbs and that helps.

When it comes in the mail, make SURE to check the black dome part for damage, because I just put out a new one that I had ordered a little over two months ago, and it seems like it got bent and damaged in shipment (maybe from being dropped? I don't know, it was bent INSIDE the undamaged box), I know it wasn't me because it was brand new packaging. It cracked the powder coating so I don't know how long it'll last, but overall, I love that these have the heavier-duty ceramic fixtures that are more heat-resistant than the plastic ones which crack.

Intocircuit® Power Castle 11200mAh Heavy Duty 5V 2A/1A Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack Charger for Apple iPhone 6, 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4, Retina iPad Air Mini 2, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus 10 7 5 4, MOTO X G Droid, PS Vita, Nokia Lumia 520 1020, Motorola Razr; LG G3 Optimus, PSP, and more Smartphones & Tablets (Apple Lightning Cable Not Provided) - Silver
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $26.99

3pcs Olympus XZ-1 Digital Camera Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover Guard Shield Protective Film Kit
Offered by GUARMOR SHIELD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Neither too big nor too small., July 29, 2014
Fit perfectly on my camera, no overlap at all. I also liked how it covered up some scratches that were previously there and yet did not bubble.

Rubbermaid Commercial FG288600CLR 64-Ounce Clear Bouncer Utility Scoop
Rubbermaid Commercial FG288600CLR 64-Ounce Clear Bouncer Utility Scoop
Price: $13.50
16 used & new from $10.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, July 29, 2014
Really nice quality! HUGE size! Perfect for my intended job.

The Hillman Group 852994 1" x 13/16" Solid Brass Medium Hinge - Bright Brass Finish 2-Pack
Price: $11.16

5.0 out of 5 stars More for your money!, July 29, 2014
Shocked to find that this was actually a 4-pack. Please do read that these are very small hinges (which was what I wanted!).

The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack)
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack)
DVD ~ Chris Pratt
Price: $17.96
41 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, July 29, 2014
Everything is AWESOME!
Going in, I thought this movie was going to be stupid and bad. Seriously, the previews were lame.
But, this is a fun movie and I enjoyed it immensely. I don't know why it wasn't marketed more toward adults as some of the jokes were really only funny to me and not to the children in the room. But no worries, I giggled right along.

Diplomat Double Metallic Silver / Black Watch Winder with Built In IC Timer
Diplomat Double Metallic Silver / Black Watch Winder with Built In IC Timer
Price: $49.95
4 used & new from $42.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, July 29, 2014
I've purchased three of these now, but one stopped working within a week. Amazon gave me a full refund though so I am happy based on all my versions of this product. It is completely plastic although they do look pretty nice. Be aware that if you buy several at different times, the watch inserts will look slightly different. I'm still not certain why such a cheaply made product is so expensive but this is the cheapest one on the market. I even looked for a 4-watch model and this is still way cheaper. So, I'll stick with this for the "time" being (pardon the pun, I couldn't resist).

Quartet 5001M EnduraGlide Chisel Tip Dry Erase Marker - 4 Pack, Assorted Colors
Quartet 5001M EnduraGlide Chisel Tip Dry Erase Marker - 4 Pack, Assorted Colors
Price: $5.60
26 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great color, shorter ink life., July 29, 2014
As a teacher, I really love these markers but do be advised they don't last as long as an Expo (maybe 50-75% as long). They do, however, retain their bright color until the day they run out, as advertised. So, overall, I really like them, but the shorter lifespan and more expensive price makes them a seldom-bought "treat" for me.

Expo Click Retractable Low Odor Fine Tip Dry Erase Markers, 6 Fashion Color Markers (1751667)
Price: $8.93
27 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, like the colors., July 29, 2014
I've had problems with some of the clicker dry erase markers drying out, and these seem to be absent that problem. I like that there are more than just the regular colors.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10