Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for A Texan > Reviews

Browse

A Texan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A Texan RSS Feed (Houston, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Headphones - Blue
Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Headphones - Blue
Price: Click here to see our price
68 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price!, May 26, 2016
I do a lot of exercising as well as just general chores around the yard and house and am usually listening to music or an audiobook. A few years ago, I got rid of the wires and started using a set of Motorola bluetooth headphones. They served me well enough and the price was good. Decent, but not great sound. Eventually, one of the earphones didn't fail completely, but lost so much sound power that the imbalance drove me nuts.

I had hears good things about these and, while they are twice the price of the Moto's that I had before, I decided to give them a shot. They have not disappointed! They fit well in and around my ears and are so light weight that I hardly notice. Sound quality is much much better than the old Moto's. The four action button are easy to use by feel once you get used to remembering what each one does.

These are neither noise canceling or isolating, which has been good for me. I use them walking or biking around the neighborhood and they let in enough outside sound when I listen at moderate levels that I can keep up with what is going on around me. The connector band that goes around the back is firm but still plenty flexible. When I'm doing strength training on stations where the back of my head is laying down or against a head rest, these don't interfere or cause any kind of discomfort.

These also have a much better usuable battery life than the old Moto's. I usually end up charging them every other day or so and usually use them for an hour and a half to two each day. I have know doubt I could get a full five hours out of them.

So, while a step up the price scale, I have found them to be well worth the price I paid. They've been in use just about every day for the last two months. So, while it's too early to give an absolutely thumbs up on reliability, it's looking pretty good so far.

Student Driver Magnets (Set of 3) - Reflective Vehicle Car Sign
Student Driver Magnets (Set of 3) - Reflective Vehicle Car Sign
Offered by allinone*2012
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the price, May 26, 2016
These do the job pretty well. I take them on and off both our car and minivan depending on which vehicle we're using with my daughter at the wheel. They are definitely not strong magnets and my set does have some pull up at the corners. However, I can generally smooth them out. We've had them on at speeds up to 60 mph so far and haven't lost any. They definitely make a difference in how other drivers behave around us when I'm out with my daughter practicing.

AmazonBasics Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver
AmazonBasics Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver
Price: $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well to turn any powered speakers or stereo amp into a receiver for streaming audio, March 29, 2016
As my music usage has shifted more towards streaming from both Amazon and Google Play, I found myself looking for a way to stream via bluetooth to different receivers and powered speakers that I have around the house. It seems with previous phones, my headphone jacks would start to fail first from the constant plugging and unplugging of the cable for headphones and aux cables.
This unit works well as a bluetooth receiver. I've used it with a set of powered speakers that have a green 1/8" stereo cable for hookup, as well as to an AUX IN connection on a stereo receiver with RCA connectors. Sound quality, so far, has been comparable to the direct hardwire connection.
The range on the receiver is almost annoyingly impressive. The one thing that I would have given a fifth star for would be an off switch. I find that I need to physically disconnect the power supply when I'm not streaming to it as my phone seems to prefer to connect with it instead of a bluetooth headset whenever I'm remotely in range. It's an annoyance that I've learned to work around. For the price, it has proven to be a great solution.

Xiemin Spare Charging Charger Cradle Dock for Lg G Watch Smartwatch (Lg-w100)
Xiemin Spare Charging Charger Cradle Dock for Lg G Watch Smartwatch (Lg-w100)
Offered by XIEMIN
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, March 29, 2016
I picked up a G Watch recently at a good deal as an entry to Android Wear. So far, the watch has served well, but the battery has drained quickly, particularly when I'm tracking my walks. While there were several low cost charging docks listed, this one seemed to have the best overall balance of ratings, so I gave it a shot.
So far, it has performed as expected. I've had no issues with getting my watch on the dock - the magnet is strong enough to maintain contact and the pins match up well with the watch. In my experience so far, it has been functionally identical to the dock that came with the watch originally.

Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB 3 / 4 Channel HDTV Digital Converter Box with Recording and Media Player (New Version)
Price: $31.39
18 used & new from $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tuner box with a bonus of basic recording, February 13, 2016
Needing an over the air tuner box with some basic recording capability to use in my media room. When viewed as an HDTV tuner that has some recording capability, rather than as a true DVR, it works well. The interface is fairly primitive and slow, but the tuner capability is excellent. If you are cutting the cord, but still want to access over-the-air broadcasts to watch, this, along with a decent antenna, will serve well.

Sleep Master Smart Box Spring, Queen
Sleep Master Smart Box Spring, Queen
Price: $102.13
15 used & new from $101.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for cheap mattress store junk., February 13, 2016
Bought a new mattress and box spring set for our spare bedroom several months ago. While the mattress has served well, the box that it came with was garbage and the wood frame broke under moderate use. This metal box spring shipped in a pretty compact box. While the instructions were a bit confusing in places, I was still able to figure it out. Assembly itself was pretty easy and I had it assembled, covered, and installed in less than an hour. So far, it has proven solid. It was actually cheaper than the crappy wooden box spring that I bought with the mattress.

Diamondback 700x35/45 Schrader Valve Bicycle Tube, Black
Diamondback 700x35/45 Schrader Valve Bicycle Tube, Black
Price: $5.99
6 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't hold the pressure., September 8, 2015
Finally had a chance to pull the wheel on my bike to replace the tube. After getting it set inside the rim and tire, I pressured it up. Initially took it up to 30psig and all seemed well. Put the air back on and it popped within a second. Tire indicates taking the pressure up to 85 psig, but I don't think the tube made it to 60psig before popping.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2016 9:30 PM PDT

AFTERMARKET REPLACEMENT PART FOR Polaris 280 or 480 All Purpose Bag (Velcro) K16

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold up, velcro closure traps dirt., August 24, 2015
Bought this as a replacement for the original that came with my Polaris after it had finally fallen apart. This new one lost the velcro strap that holds it upright on the hose. Trying to run the Polaris without strapping to the hose leads to it getting tangled in the wheels. Looking back through my order history to see how long it lasted, I realized it didn't even survive a full year. So, while cheap, this has proven to be a poor value. In addition, I've come to regret the velcro enclosure for the bag itself. It tends to trap a lot of dirt within the strips and has been difficult to clean. I recommend a sturdier zipper closure, which is what I'll be looking for now in a replacement.

Esky EC170-11 World Smallest HD Color CMOS Waterproof Vehicle Car Rear View Backup Camera, 170 Degree Viewing Angle Rearview Camera- Size: 0.86*0.65*0.50 inch (No Guideline Version)
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wide view of what is behind and to the side of you., July 19, 2015
As part of an upgrade of our family van's sound system, I decided to take the opportunity to add a backup camera. Due to a misunderstanding of the Pioneer radio that I bought, I specifically bought this camera as it doesn't generate distance lines. I thought the radio was going to generate its own lines based on the documentation, but that proved not to be the case. However, despite that, the camera works well. Visibility is good, though the wide angle of view gives a somewhat distorted perspective. However, I think it's preferable to have the greater lateral visibility to see better if something is out to the side.
The installation was easy enough, mostly thanks to various videos I found online about how to snake the wiring through my van. One small ding - the video cable supplied with the camera came up about six feet short, despite running it as directly as possible. I ended up getting a male-male RCA adapter and used a spare video cable that I had to finish the run. If you are using this for a car, the cable is probably long enough.

WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag, Navy, One Size
WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag, Navy, One Size
Price: $39.99
11 used & new from $29.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag for Cruise formal night outfits, July 19, 2015
For a recent cruise vacation, we decided to bring clothes to dress up for formal night, which made it necessary to get a garment bag for the suits and dresses. This bag provided a cost effective way to get them from our home, on flights, and onto the boat. It's a no frills unit that doesn't have any extra pockets for shoes and things, but that was fine with me.
I concur with the other recommendations to get some simple wire hangers to maximize the carrying capacity.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6