Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Profile for H. Singh > Reviews

Browse

H. Singh's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. Singh RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
GlobalSat BT-368i Bluetooth GPS Receiver
GlobalSat BT-368i Bluetooth GPS Receiver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reciever, Highly Accurate, June 30, 2012
I originally purchase this GPS reciever in 2008 for my Nokia phone in the hopes of better GPS accuracy. It worked a tea but the phone was extremely slow. I had pretty much put this in the bottom of a draw after I purchased a smartphone namely the Samsung Galaxy s2 and didn't look at it for a longtime.

Recently I found it and started it back up again and decided to test it using it with the Galaxy S2 and quite frankly I was blown away. The chipset is Sirf Star 3 which is tried and tested by many. I connected this to my phone and interfaced it with an app called "Bluetooth GPS." In the suburbs (no sky scrapers) I had a 2.8-3 mtr accuracy. In the city where buildings can often block or disrupt signal I recieved a 4-5mtr accuracy. Putting this into context, it kicks the crap out of the onboard reciever by a mile. This is without WAAS or EGNOS assistance as New Zealand doesn't have both.

I no longer use my onboard Galaxy S2 GPS when I use my phone for navigation while driving. I highly recommend this even for the newest hardware out there, Sirf Star 3 is superior and this product being so easy and compact to use, is the best.

Having a highly accurate GPS provides for very accurate navigation and especially when re-routing or correcting a route while driving. A 2-3 meter accuracy is essentially the size of the car.

Benefits:
2.8-3 meter accuracy (in suburbs)
4-5 meter accuracy (in high rise city)
Very fast boot up time.
Small compact can pretty much put it anywhere.
Works well in New Zealand and USA

I highly recommend this.

Crucial m4 64GB 2.5-Inch (9.5mm) SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive CT064M4SSD2
Crucial m4 64GB 2.5-Inch (9.5mm) SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive CT064M4SSD2
Offered by Sunrise Nanotech
Price: $119.95
9 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hard drive, July 3, 2011
I purchased this hard drive a few months ago. I installed it into a HP dv9650us laptop with Windows 7 64bit, which is fairly old now and the speed increase was dramatic. Boot times have dramatically decreased, application loading is much quicker, even internet browsing is much quicker. The drive essentially feels like a new laptop and I'm very impressed by this drive. The slowest point of the computer is now the CPU which is normal with SSD upgrades.

I have had no issues in regards to blue screening, freezes or crashes. This is my 4th Crucial SSD and they have been flawless thus far for me, just make sure the settings are adjusted for Windows 7.

I strongly recommend this drive, they are very quick and stable.

I also upgraded the bios from 0001 to 0002 with absolutely no problems, this will fix issues with Intel LPM.

For those who are not technologically inclined, this is the fastest upgrade you can do for your laptop.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2011 6:02 PM PDT

[OLD MODEL] Crucial m4 128GB 2.5-Inch (9.5mm) SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive CT128M4SSD2
Offered by Sab Computer
Price: $116.56
20 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, June 7, 2011
I purchased this product for my Asus U36JC-B1 which is the super slim notebook offering from Asus. The speed on this laptop is already very good, but I know with the 500gb SATA at the heart of it, slow down would be inevitable. So after purchasing the Crucial C300 for my HP DV7-2040us I decided to pick up this newer model for my Asus. I cloned my original 500GB SATA drive to this using Acronis True Image 2009 and a external USB 2.5" case. Acronis adjusted the partitions so everything fitted perfectly, including the recovery partition which are critical on these drives considering there is no optical drive.

I also made sure all setting were adjusted in Windows 7 64bit to account for the new drive, including disabling defrag and indexing, enabling TRIM, and if need be disabling LPM in the registry. Make sure you download the latest Intel Rapid Storage Driver, this can have a dramatic impact on speeds and how the drive is handled by Windows.

Intel Rapid Storage Driver: [...]

I am not disappointed with this hard drive, here's why:

Boot times are much quicker,
Application response is very quick,
No unreliability issues (thus far),
Battery life appears to have improved,
Switching from steel to plastic makes it slightly lighter,
Easy to install, remove your old SATA drive and plug this one in, easy!,

Installing one of these is like having a new laptop (in my opinion) the speed increase is dramatic, over and above a CPU upgrade.

I'm not trying to be a poster boy for Crucial but I am so impressed with these drives, I purchased another 2! 1x 128gb and 1x 64gb M4. I have a total of 4 Crucial drives running in different computers.

I highly recommend this product.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2012 6:20 AM PDT

Sony Wireless Bluetooth Microphone
Sony Wireless Bluetooth Microphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent, June 5, 2011
I purchased this for research and interviewing people and transcribing at a later date. I used the built in microphone on my camera and it was very difficult to hear the people. I purchased this and wow the difference was night and day. The audio clarity is fantastic and the wireless is very good. The battery life isn't an issue as I purchased high powered triple A batteries which keep it moving along and it doesn't hurt to carry one or two spares. This is a fantastic device and it has the ability to connect more microphones which is even better!

I used this with the HDR-XR500V 120GB and the bluetooth reciever has 5.1 channel dolby digital capability, so does the camera.

I highly recommend this device.

1000mW 1W 802.11g/n High Gain USB Wireless G / N Long-Rang WiFi Network Adapter - Dongle With Original Alfa 5dBi and 9dBi Rubber Antenna *Strongest on the Market*

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not 1 watt., June 5, 2011
This gets nowhere near 1 watt, I put it up against my Intel 5100agn in my laptop and it achieved full bars compared to this achieving barely 1 bar. I tried everything possible to make it better, but nothing worked. I eventually just packed it up and sent it back.

The behaviour of this is faster as it is processing the data on the stick and the response times are very quick. But the connection itself is pathetic at best.

I would recommend getting a brand named network card with multiple antennas. I did return this and was refunded promptly, so excellent service!

I ended up purchasing a Intel 6300 Ultimate N and it performs very well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2011 3:59 PM PDT

Intel Ultimate N 633ANHMW IEEE 802.11n (draft) Wi-Fi Adapter - Mini PCI Express - 450Mbps
Offered by SilverCircle
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $17.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but Wireless N is problematic, June 5, 2011
I purchased this for my HP dv7-2040us, replacing the original Intel 5100agn network card which was pretty good. Installing this was relatively easy, was just a simple switch over, the only problem was the lack of a third antenna which I ordered. I just left the antenna in the chassis attached instead of laying it to the screen.

This laptop also required a bios whitelist removal which is available on the internet, and it worked fine.

The biggest issue I have with all Intel wireless N products is there unreliable connectivity. Having it enabled in Wireless N mode is very erratic and unreliable, this was also true for my 5100agn and 4965agn. If I disable wireless N in device manager the card is flawless.

I have tested this in multiple laptops on multiple routers. The unreliability in N mode generally occurs as you get further away from the router.

I really like this card, but this wireless N problem is weird, kinda of a downer considering that's the whole point of buying this card.

I will give it 4 stars but the N issue is problematic, I hope it is solved in a driver update.

Sony VCT-50AV Remote Control Tripod for use with Compatible Sony Camcorders
Sony VCT-50AV Remote Control Tripod for use with Compatible Sony Camcorders
Offered by Pro Digital Mart
Price: $199.88
3 used & new from $82.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but short, June 5, 2011
I purchased this tripod for recording a concert with my Sony HD camera. It was fantastic as a tripod but I misjudged the height. It is a very short tripod. Ignoring the height the product itself is great, smooth, easy to adjust and highy quality. The remote control is fantastic and the handle is big and thick making it easier to hold and control. It is also very light, so taking it anywhere is a breeze which maybe due to its small size. I'm a little disappointed by the height, but the tripod itself is fantastic. I use it mainly for interviews for my research and I love it. I have also used it with still cameras and it works great.

I would highly recommend this product, just check the sizes before you buy.

Quaker Instant Oatmeal Lower Sugar, Flavor Variety Pack, 10 Count Boxes, 11.5 Ounce, (Pack of 4)
Price: $10.48
12 used & new from $10.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, June 5, 2011
I'm a health concious person, so eating something with a good source of fiber and low sugar is a big plus for me. This tasted great especially with the variety and was very easy to make especially with my fast paced lifestyle. I love the taste and quality of the product.

I highly recommend it.

Sony VFR37NK Filter Kit for 37mm, ND Filter & Protector
Sony VFR37NK Filter Kit for 37mm, ND Filter & Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, easy to use, June 5, 2011
I used this on a trip to San Francisco and in San Francisco Bay (on the way back from Alcatraz) and it was very effective in turning down the bright relective sun from the water and enhancedd contrasts. Though it made the picture darker, during a bright sunny day it made the images/video much clearer and sharper. I used this in combination with a wide angle lens which made it even better. The protector is also great especially is you're on the water, the salty water will wreak havoc with the lens. Each one attaches to the other easily so you can use both at the same time.

I highly recommend this product.

Selsun Blue Medicated Maximum Strength Dandruff Shampoo, 11 Ounce
Selsun Blue Medicated Maximum Strength Dandruff Shampoo, 11 Ounce
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $11.25
28 used & new from $9.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product out there., June 5, 2011
I have used multiple products for my dandruff problem (Neutrogena, Garnier, Head and Shoulders etc) and this has been the most effective I have found, from the first wash there is great relief, and a few washes afterwards it effectively clears up all the dandruff. I usually apply it twice in each shower to clean the scalp thoroughly. It smells and feels great on the head.

I highly recommend this product, and will continue to buy it.

Page: 1 | 2