Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Ken Fontenot > Reviews

Browse

Ken Fontenot's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1565

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ken Fontenot "Darth Prairie Cajun" RSS Feed (Louisiana)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tresemme Foam Sea, 5.1 Ounce
Tresemme Foam Sea, 5.1 Ounce
Price: $5.09
24 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If You've Got Waves, This'll Enhance Them!, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm as bald as the day is long, so I picked this product up for my wife and daughter to try out for themselves. My wife's hair is a tad thin, and using this product didn't help her that much. Her hair wasn't any wavier than it was before, but her light waves did hold their shape throughout the day. My daughter, on the other hand, loves this product. Her hair is a lot thicker and a whole lot wavier than my wife's hair, and this product made her waves look beautiful!

Based purely on observation and feedback from my wife and daughter, I would have to recommend this product to folks with thicker, wavy hair. It definitely enhanced my daughter's hair and made it look wonderful. My wife's hair didn't benefit as much, though, so be forewarned. Four stars for thicker hair, two for thinner hair.

Schleich North America Dragon Warrior Toy Figure
Schleich North America Dragon Warrior Toy Figure
Offered by Toy Crazes
Price: $14.99
18 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dragon Warrior Arrives!, August 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Schleich North America's Dragon Warrior toy has everything that a person comes to expect from the Schleich company. The figure is vividly colored and highly detailed. True to its name, the Dragon Warrior has a few battle scars, including a hole in one of its wings. The jaw of the figure is hinged (but it's hard to tell by simply looking at the figure and that's a good thing), so you can leave the mouth open or closed if you wish.

My son always looks at the Schleich toys whenever we go to a toy store. He really likes them, especially the dinosaurs, but they are a bit out of our price range for toys like this for the most part. The reason? Because these figures lack articulation (excepting the jaw on this and other similar figures), and my son would rather the figure have at least a few more points of articulation.

These toys are excellent for the collector, and young children will appreciate them for their looks. However, I can only recommend this toy as one to be collected, placed on a shelf, and used as a conversation piece instead of actually playing with it. That's why I took off one star.

Overall, an excellent toy that can be used to spark imaginations of all ages.

BNF Home Printed Mystic Throw with Solid Flannel Back, Purple
BNF Home Printed Mystic Throw with Solid Flannel Back, Purple
Price: $28.12
3 used & new from $25.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Snuggle With A Loved One Or All Alone, August 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This throw from BNF Home is perfect for those nights when it's cold outside and all you want to do is snuggle up with a cup of hot chocolate, that special someone, and your favorite film. It's also perfect for binging on your newest favorite show on Netflix for twelve straight hours all by your little lonesome!

The print on the front is very nice and the solid purple backing is extremely soft and comfortable to wrap up in and plop on the couch. It has good weight to it but isn't so heavy that you can't wear it over your shoulders on those cool mornings when you need to take off the chill.

It is packaged in a large bag that looks a lot like a big Ziploc bag and comes wrapped in a pretty purple bow. It also has a stiff card backing to keep it from getting too wrinkled while it is packed away.

My daughter immediately fell in love with this throw and keeps it on her bed. She cuddles with it at night and it rarely falls out of her arm's range when she's in her room. I highly recommend this throw and can't wait for the cooler months when we can really give this throw a test run!

Colorado Timberline Men's Cambridge Polo Shirt Vented Waist Maize Yellow 2XL
Colorado Timberline Men's Cambridge Polo Shirt Vented Waist Maize Yellow 2XL
Offered by DirectDeals4U
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice For The Price, August 7, 2015
Considering the price, the Colorado Timberline Men's Cambridge Polo Shirt isn't that bad of a shirt. It's not too thin nor does it feel cheaply made. It's long enough to tuck into your pants without having to worry about it creeping out and, at least in my opinion, the collar stays put without rolling up like some collars do on polos.

If there's any complaints about this shirt, it's that the sleeves are rather long and the size runs a bit on the small side.

Overall, this is an excellent value if you're looking for a nice shirt that doesn't break the bank.

Star Wars: Dark Disciple
Star Wars: Dark Disciple
by Christie Golden
Price: $18.73
65 used & new from $12.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Va-Va Ventress! Va-Va Vos!, August 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Star Wars novels, at least the ones that I read from the old EU, almost always fell into two categories: excellent or wretched. Very few of these novels ever fell into an area where they were pretty good but not necessarily great or terrible. Dark Disciple, written by Christie Golden and based on The Clone Wars episodes that never came to fruition, falls into that grey category where it could have been a lot better, but it's not a bad read for what it is.

This tale features Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos and centers around their quest to eliminate Count Dooku. While Dooku has always been a target, his actions against a group of refugees sends the Jedi over the edge and they decide that he must be eliminated and end the Clone Wars once and for all.

Fans of the Star Wars comics that pre-date the Clone Wars series will probably enjoy this book. I especially enjoyed the relationship that forms between Vos and Ventress. While I've never been a huge fan of Vos, Ventress has always mesmerized me. Her character develops greatly throughout this book, and I hope that her life is explored even more in other novels.

The pacing is very good and the action is excellent. This book definitely leans toward the adult end of the spectrum, but older fans of the Clone Wars will definitely enjoy this tale as well.

Golden does a good job of exploring the grey areas of the Force. This is key to me since Ventress has always embodied those grey areas better than any other character that has come about in the Star Wars EU over the years.

If you enjoy action and "rogue" characters like Ventress and Vos, you'll enjoy "Dark Disciple."

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Quilted Pocket Potholder, Set of 3, Nautical Blue
Price: $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Spend More And Skip Getting Burned, August 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was rather disappointed with this product. These three quilted potholders are very thin. I've used them a few times but have decided against using them for anything that comes out of our conventional oven. I came very close to burning my hands a couple of times and quickly switched to my old, thick, and ratty looking potholders because they offered much more protection.

I only use them to pull things out of my microwave now because they can't handle my conventional oven.

If you've ever purchased potholders from Dollar Tree, you know the exact quality and protection that you're getting with these potholders.

Not recommended.

Belkin 10-Port Full Rate 2.4 Amp USB Charger for Smartphones and Tablets (B2E026)
Price: $240.21
7 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Charge!, August 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With 2.4 amps of charging power per port, this Belkin Ten Port USB charger can be used to charge up to ten devices at the same time. It comes with a mounting bracket, a power brick, and a three-prong cord. It definitely looks like it could be used in an office or factory setting. With that said, though, I can definitely see this being extremely useful in a modern home. Just consider the fact that families in many homes these days have multiple devices that can be charged using this Belkin charger. Most folks have a smartphone and at least one other device such as an iPad. If a home has two parents, that's at least four devices that need to be charge. Couple that with however many devices any children might have in the home and you can see where ten charging ports can easily free up a lot of power plugs in a home.

This device is also smart, so it will adjust to the proper amperage if your device requires a lower charging rate.

This charger is definitely something to consider for use not only in the office, but in the home as well.

Cellucor - C4 Fitness Training Pre-Workout Supplement for Men and Women - Enhance Energy and Focus with Creatine Nitrate and Vitamin B12, Fruit Punch, 60 Servings
Offered by J&B Trading
Price: $39.39
11 used & new from $39.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A Steady Burn, August 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used many pre-workout powders over the last few years. The majority of them almost always give me the jitters. Cellucor's C4 Fitness Pre-Workout lists itself as explosive, but in my case, it is a steady build-up that keeps me going during my workout. The directions say to take it twenty to thirty minutes before your workout, and it definitely works that way in my case. I take it about twenty minutes before getting started, and it slowly lifts me until my forty to sixty minute workout is complete.

Each serving is only five calories, so you don't have to worry about burning any extra calories off. The taste is somewhat medicinal, but it isn't bad. This is one of the best blending workout powders that I've ever used. I've only used a shaker bottle to mix this in my water, and it almost completely dissolves.

This powder also contains a bit of creatine (1 gram per serving), which helps build and recover muscles during and after a workout.

I really like this powder and highly recommend it.

Dove Men + Care Body Wash, Extra Fresh, 23.5 Ounce
Dove Men + Care Body Wash, Extra Fresh, 23.5 Ounce
Price: $6.97
10 used & new from $6.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Dove Quality, But You'll Need To Use A Tad Bit More To Get The Job Done, July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used Dove Men + products in the past, and I am very impressed with them for the most part. This Dove Men + Care Body Wash is no exception. The moisturizing elements of this wash do exactly what Dove claims that they can do. After just a couple of showers, I noticed my skin feeling much softer than normal. My skin is normally very dry in certain areas and I have to use lotion (and, my goodness, how I hate lotion), so this Extra Fresh Body Wash definitely makes it easier for me to put on less lotion.

The scent, as with all of the Dove products I've used in recent years, lasts all day long but isn't overbearing. It smells quite nice, is light, and keeps you from smelling too bad after a long day at work.

The cooling agent in this wash is a nice added touch, but it quickly dies off after getting out of the shower. It's definitely a pick-me-up when getting ready for work in the morning, but don't expect to stay "cool" all day.

The only reason that I'm taking off one star on this product is the fact that I have to use more of this body wash during a shower. Other Dove products and most other body washes only require me to place a small amount on my scrubber and I'm good for the whole shower. With this body wash, however, the lather vanishes after I clean the upper half of my body and I have to add more soap to my scrubber. That could prove to be costly in the long run if you have to use more body wash than you normally do.

Despite this shortfall, I still recommend Dove Men + Care Extra Fresh Body Wash.

Mizuno Men's Wave Enigma 5 Running Shoe, Electric Blue Lemonade/White, 9.5 D US
Mizuno Men's Wave Enigma 5 Running Shoe, Electric Blue Lemonade/White, 9.5 D US
Price: $149.99
4 used & new from $146.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Comfortable Run, July 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wear different shoes for different types of excercise. For high impact training (Insanity, T25, etc.), Under Armour is my go-to brand. For walking and general use throughout the day, FILA is the brand that I trust. When I hit the trails, Adidas is on my feet. For track running, though, I've never found that one company that I trust more than any other....until now.

For years I alternated between Puma, Nike, and FILA for running. Nike was the leader of the pack for a few years, but something changed (either in my feet or in Nike's shoe construction) that made them uncomfortable to me. Puma is excellent, but after getting a few miles on them, they start to slip on my feet. FILA is great at first, but the shoes don't hold up that well for very long.

These Mizuno Wave Enigma 5 shoes have been excellent so far, and I don't see myself tossing them in the backup bin any time soon. The first thing that I noticed about these shoes was how cool they look. Bright blue with a little yellow on the soles makes these shoes look great. When I put them on, though, it was the overall comfort that blew me away. The arch support is exceptional, and the heel cushioning is wonderful. The laces hold fast and the shoe stays snug on my feet as I'm running in them. The toe cap is minimal and doesn't get in the way.

These shoes made me feel "faster" (but the clock brought me back down to earth) and I really enjoy wearing them. They are excellent and I highly recommend them!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2015 9:16 AM PDT