Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Ken Fontenot > Reviews

Browse

Ken Fontenot's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1625

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ken Fontenot "The Prairie Cajun Rises" RSS Feed (Louisiana)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII 100% Organic Cotton, Machine Washable, Classic Old Fashioned, Everyday Basic Kitchen Dishtowel, 16 x 26" Set of 3, Taupe
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Aren't Everything, April 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
DII's Basic Kitchen Towels are just that, basic. They are stiff, thin, and not very absorbent at all. My suggestion is that you use them for decoration only, as they do look nice when hanging in the kitchen, but are practically useless when it comes to kitchen duties.

If you're after looks, these are the towels for you. If you're looking for function, keep looking.

BubbleBum Sneck Neck Pillow, Black/Neon Yellow
BubbleBum Sneck Neck Pillow, Black/Neon Yellow
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable And Convenient, April 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The BubbleBum Sneck Neck Pillow is an excellent pillow for the road. My son doesn't fall asleep as much as he used to, but he still likes to nap on longer rides. The Sneck attaches to the headrest and can be laid across either shoulder to give your child something to rest on while riding in a vehicle. It can also be bundled up to form a pillow to rest on as well.

Another form of use that I have found is as a camping pillow. When my son and I head out for a little tent camping, we bring the Sneck along to lay out as a small pillow for me to sleep on (my son uses another pillow). It's small, convenient, and out of the way, so it's easy to pack and comfortable enough to sleep on all night.

I highly recommend the Sneck Neck Pillow for its convenience and comfort.

BLACK+DECKER GSP401 4-N-1 Multi-Trimmer
BLACK+DECKER GSP401 4-N-1 Multi-Trimmer
Price: $99.99
4 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Grin And Trim It!, April 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For what the Black+Decker GSP401 is made for, it does a pretty good job. It features two swappable blades (9" trimmer and 6" grass shear) that are easy to place on and remove from the primary unit. The main unit is handheld and is light enough on its own, but for harder to reach spots (or for reaching down in a deep ditch), there's an extension pole provided. If you're tall enough and extend the rod out as far as it can possibly go, you'll get ten feet of reach from this trimmer.

The grass shearing blade does a decent job. I use it primarily to trim grass around trees and bushes in my yard where my lawnmower just refuses to go. I also use it in the ditch in front of my home. This won't replace a weedeater, so don't use it as such. However, I use it to keep low grass trim and even after knocking all of the grass down with a weedeater in my ditch.

The trimmer does a fine job until it gets to thick branches (bigger than an inch in diameter) on bushes and hedgerows. With a little patience, the trimmer will eventually gnaw through thicker branches and, as the directions suggest, a slower pace is often necessary to get the job done. Don't jump into your hedges thinking that you'll prune everything alive with little to no resistance. Just take your time and the end result will be nice.

The only drawbacks about this multi-trimmer are the fact that the power isn't quite as strong as I'd hoped for and that when the device is attached to the extension rod, it can literally become a pain in the back. I've had to play with the length of the extension rod to find a happy medium where I can reach most of the trouble spots without killing my back.

This is an excellent trimmer for smaller yards. Use it for what it's made for, and you'll get years of use out of it.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)
Price: $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Black N' Blue!, March 31, 2016
With the dust settling on the recent Deadpool movie (which I still haven’t seen) and plenty of hype surrounding the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, DC Comics and Warner Brothers decided to sneak in a little flick hoping to cash in on the seemingly endless flow of Marvel’s comic book movies.

Nah, there was a ton of hype for Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and despite bad reviews from “professional” critics, BvS still managed to have the largest opening for a comic book film in the world and the biggest opener for Warner Brothers ever.

Was it perfect? Absolutely not. Was it still a good film? You betcha!

BvS, for those who may not know, is a tale that takes place about eighteen months after the events in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel (which, for the record, wasn’t that great in my opinion). After witnessing the destruction of Metropolis firsthand and then watching other events unfold that seem to be a result of the reckless actions of Superman, Bruce Wayne sets out to put an end to the alien’s godlike reign. Clark Kent, on the other hand, sees the actions of Gotham City’s resident vigilante to be out of control and intends to uncover who really is behind the mask. Of course, a lot of things are happening behind the scenes and both of our heroes are being manipulated to an eventual endgame, but I don’t want to spoil that for any potential moviegoers.

The film takes a fair amount of time to develop, but that shouldn’t be a surprise to anybody that has ever viewed a Zack Snyder film. However, I will say that this film has plenty of action laced throughout and I never found myself bored while watching it as I did with Man of Steel, Sucker Punch, or Watchmen. If you managed to tolerate the development of the first Iron Man film, you’ll be able to make it through BvS.

The cast is fairly solid in my opinion. Gal Gadot is excellent as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. Jeremy Irons drew laughs from the crowd as Alfred Pennyworth. Henry Cavill does a decent job with what he’s given to work with as Clark Kent/Superman, but I still believe that the character is terribly underdeveloped. Holly Hunter, Tao Okamoto, Laurence Fishburne, Harry Lennix, Christina Wren, and Kevin Costner provide solid support as new characters and a few old ones revisited from Man of Steel.

Two other members of the cast were written off almost as soon as they were announced. Ben Affleck was ripped to pieces by plenty of angry fanboys and other idiots, but he pulled off both of his characters with brilliance. “Both”? Yep, I consider Bruce Wayne and Batman to be two different characters. Up until this film’s release, I considered Michael Keaton to be the superior Batman on the screen and Christian Bale as the best Bruce Wayne. Ben Affleck has replaced both of them as my favorite actor in both roles. His portrayal of an age and mature Bruce was perfect. His grizzly and violent portrayal of Batman injected some much needed fear and brutality into the character on the big screen.

While most people share my opinion of Affleck’s performance, Jesse Eisenberg doesn’t get as much love. In fact, he’s probably the most polarizing presence in the entire film. People either love him or hate him. I happened to really enjoy his performance in the film. He’s young, aggressive, and a bit stuck on himself. To me, that’s the perfect base for the future power-hungry and intelligent man he will become. Let Eisenberg’s portrayal grow on you a bit, because I believe that big things are coming for the character later on.

Many have said that the plot is off balance, convoluted, and just plain trash. Those people have every right to express their opinion, but I just don’t see where they are coming from. Yes, there are a few bumps in the road, but in no way is this film trash. The story develops just fine in my opinion, with action on par with both of the Avengers films and, in the case of Batman, brutality that gives the R-rated Punisher films a run for their money.

The big face-off between Supes and the Dark Knight was excellent. Borrowing heavily from the same sequence within Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, the fight is paced well, is believable within the confines of a comic book, and has a decent payoff.

Of course, you can’t expect two of the comic world’s greatest heroes (and best friends) to end their feud on a sour note, so a new threat makes its presence known in the third act as the result of the actions of the grand manipulator. While I won’t name that villain here, the name and image of that character has been plastered in countless articles and even in trailers for the film.

When this baddie shows up, a third hero pops into action. That hero, Wonder Woman, enters the battle and takes the action up a notch. Many people were glad to see Diana Prince on the screen (I was one of them) and while she’s only in the film for a brief time, she makes full use of every second.

When the dust settles, we’re left with the foundation for the future of DC on the big screen. In recent years, only the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight films have impressed me. As mentioned earlier, Man of Steel isn’t a favorite and Green Lantern could have been a whole lot better….really, a whole lot, but I do believe that BvS gives DC some solid footing in the market.

Marvel is way ahead of the curve when it comes to comic-to-film adaptations. They’ve got many years of developing their stories and characters under their belt, and I believe that because of this there is a lot of unfair comparisons between Marvel and DC on the silver screen. Yes, DC is playing catch up, but where critics give Marvel a pass on plot holes and foreshadowing that may or may not make sense at first, they hammer DC in this film for doing the same thing.

NEWSFLASH: DC FILMS ARE NOT MARVEL FILMS

Once critics get this through their heads and decide to hop off of the “Marvel makes nothing but awesome films” bandwagon (I’m looking at you, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and The Incredible Hulk), I believe that the playing field with critics will level out a bit. Until then, ignore the critics and give this film a shot. It’s the basis for what looks to be great things to come, and I can’t wait to see some of my favorite heroes on the screen together for the first time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2016 9:28 AM PDT

Batman The Dark Knight Rises Full Batman Mask, Black, One Size
Batman The Dark Knight Rises Full Batman Mask, Black, One Size
Offered by Yagoozon
Price: $20.05
36 used & new from $19.03

4.0 out of 5 stars The Tight Face Of Justice!, March 31, 2016
I purchased this cowl after thoroughly reading the reviews for it. Some of the reviews featured photos that sort of gave me an idea as to how this thing would fit on my head. I have a really big noggin and was worried that this thing wouldn't fit me. To a degree I was correct, because this puppy is tight on my head, but it isn't so tight that I can't stand it. In fact, it's rather comfortable once you wear it for a little while.

My mouth stretches a bit while wearing this thing, and it makes me look angry and/or depressed most of the time. Refer to the photo if you don't believe me. One of my friends noticed this and asked the obvious, "Why so serious?" question. I simply replied, "Batman has probably always been the happiest guy in the room, but you wouldn't know because his mask stretches his face tighter than Kim Kardashian's pants! The poor guy couldn't smile if he wanted to!" That got a few laughs.

I stuffed the ears with cotton to keep them from folding over and to fill them out a bit. The mask attaches in the back with Velcro, so if you want to really keep the illusion of it being a full mask, I highly suggest wearing a black skullcap or even black panty hose over your head (with the face cut out, obviously). Hearing is a bit muffled, but not so much that you end up screaming at everybody while you speak to them.

Also, the neck piece curls up on me every single time that I look down.

Overall it isn't a bad cowl to wear. With just a few slight modifications around the mouth and eyes (you may or may not have to trim them to fit your face), and possibly widening up the nose holes a bit, this mask is perfect for a Halloween party or even a quick costume for a comic convention.

If you're looking to go cheap but still want to look reasonably cool, buy this mask.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Adult Knit 48" Superhero Cape, Black
Adult Knit 48" Superhero Cape, Black
Offered by Daily Deals
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm A Caped Crusader Now!, March 31, 2016
I purchased this cape as part of a silly costume. It turns out that it is rather nice. It has a good weight to it, so it doesn't blow all over the place in light winds like cheaper capes do. It fits nicely and has a Velcro clasp at the neck. It fully encompasses me from neck to calves when closed around my body.

It has many versatile uses. I use it for a cheap Batman cape, but plan on using it for Dracula and who knows what other characters I might pretend to be.

The only drawback is that I'm sure it will tear easily on sharp corners. While playing with my son the other day, I had to be careful not to snag it on anything.

For the price, though, it's an excellent purchase. I recommend it.

Sleep Master Pocketed Spring 8 Inch Classic Mattress, Queen
Sleep Master Pocketed Spring 8 Inch Classic Mattress, Queen
Price: $189.00
2 used & new from $189.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Coils, Coils, Coils, March 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I happily agreed to review this queen-sized mattress in return for my honest opinion. My family was already in the market for a new mattress, and getting this one was expected to be a plus.....but it turns out that you get what you pay for (at least what it's sold for here).

The mattress arrived in a rather small box. It was rolled and compressed tightly to fit into said box. I followed the opening instructions and gave it a day fully take shape and balance out. After it settled, myself, my daughter, my son, and my wife all took turns laying down on the mattress. We all agreed on three things, 1) It's cheaply made, 2) The springs can be felt all over your body no matter how you position yourself and 3) It would be better to spend more for a better mattress.

As others have stated, the mattress is unstructured, so the edges and corners crumple under your weight. It's very stiff (I'm not down with the "firm" lingo that the cool kids speak), and not really comfortable at all. I actually like a stiffer mattress, but this one is all coils and no comfort.

It's suitable as a mattress for a rollaway bed or as a mattress at a campsite. Otherwise, spend a little more dough for a better mattress.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2016 10:51 AM PDT

Compaclite Oversize Steel Camping Portable Chair for Outdoor Camping/Picnic/Hiking/Motorcycling/Bicycling/Fishing/Garden BBQ/Beach/Patio with Carry Bag, Pink
Offered by Sleep Revolution
Price: $65.00
2 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick And Convenient, March 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Compaclite Oversized Steel Camping Portable Chair is an excellent addition to any campsite. It's fairly lightweight (about five pounds, so it could be a bit too big for exceptionally long hikes) and is one of the quickest chairs that I've ever set up. I had it ready to use in under three minutes.

To set it up, simply open up the collapsible legs and chair backing pegs, lock them into place, and then fit the seat over the four chair brackets. Once it is set up, it features a small pouch in the front that is suitable for drinks and possibly sunblock or mosquito spray.

One thing to note is that this chair can be a bit tricky to get into and out of if you have problems sitting low to the ground or need some sort of support to get out of a chair.

Overall, though, this is a strong, easy to use chair that looks like it will get plenty of use every time I go camping.

Lagostina Q553SA64 Martellata Tri-ply Hammered Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Cookware Set, 10-Piece, Silver
Price: $398.55
12 used & new from $398.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant But Strong, March 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This ten piece stainless steel cookware set from Lagostina is simply wonderful. Each piece is sturdy, not too heavy, and holds up well on my electric stove. The styling is elegant but would fit perfectly within the kitchens of the "manliest" man and the "fairest" lady. The set includes an eight inch skillet, ten inch skillet, two quart and three quart covered saucepans, a three quart covered deep sauté, and a six quart covered saucepot.

All of the pieces are easy to wash, but contrary to the heading here on Amazon, they aren't dishwasher safe.

I've used almost all of the pieces since I received them and have had no trouble with them at all.

Highly recommended

Blow
Blow
Price: $1.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Pop Revival, March 2, 2016
This review is from: Blow (MP3 Music)
This song is an excellent mid-party track. Whenever things start to die down a bit and a lull sets it, I throw this track on to revive the crowd. Kesha's music has a great young vibe to it that her contemporaries have only managed to squeeze into one or two tracks. Kesha knows her audience well, and this track gives them a taste of what they want.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20