Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Ken Fontenot > Reviews

Browse

Ken Fontenot's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1609

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ken Fontenot "Darth Prairie Cajun" RSS Feed (Louisiana)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Figure Forest Mission Kylo Ren
Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Figure Forest Mission Kylo Ren
75 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars No Tantrums To Be Had With This Figure, January 27, 2016
This figure has been available since last year (prior to the film's release) and has actually been repacked in another wave. I picked it up when it was first released and quickly fell in love with it. Was it the classic five points of articulation? Nope, although the 5 POA doesn't bother me like it does a lot of other collectors. Was it the slightly cheaper than Black Series figure price? Nope, but it did allow me to purchase two of the same figure (one to open, one to collect). So what was it?

The sculpt and paint work on the figure.

Yes, the 5 POA can be distracting for those who want to put the character in different poses (but you can do that with either sizes of the Black Series, which I've also purchased), but the attention to detail on this figure is excellent. From the nick on Kylo Ren's facemask to the wraps on his arms, no detail was left out. Moving the legs reveals his boots and pants unlike the old school figures with similar robes (the old Emperor figure, for example) that had only solid blocks of plastic.

Kylo also holds his lightsaber (which also looks great) very well in comparison to other figures in this line.

The wrap or scarf around his neck is a separate piece which can actually be removed by taking off Kylo's head. It's soft plastic, but looks excellent.

I only took off one star for the fact that Kylo Ren's head comes off easily when turning it from side to side. The scarf gets in the way and Kylo's head pops right off.

With that said, though, I only purchased a second figure so that I could open it up and display it at work. That means that I won't be twisting his head very often. He seems happy enough on my little shelf with Vader, Luke, Finn, and Rey, as well as Batman, Charlie Brown, and an Ozzy Osbourne bobble head.

I like this figure. He isn't perfect, but he's perfect enough for me.

Wicked Tees Mens STAR TREK Short Sleeve COMMAND UNIFORM XXLarge T-Shirt Tee
Wicked Tees Mens STAR TREK Short Sleeve COMMAND UNIFORM XXLarge T-Shirt Tee
Offered by PosterRevolution
Price: $24.66
4 used & new from $21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Red Shirt Wouldn't Be Caught Dead In This...., January 26, 2016
As far as Star Trek t-shirts go, this one is pretty basic. It comes in command gold with a screen-printed insignia on the left chest. It fits me quite well but the sleeves are a bit short in my opinion.

This is not a costume shirt, so don't order it expecting that. It's a tee that's meant to be worn while hanging out that says, "Yes, I'm a Star Trek fan and, no, I'm not a Red Shirt."

That's pretty much it. If you love Star Trek (and you know you do), buy one of these bad boys and wear it to conventions, the grocery store, or to see your dear sweet Nana (Visitor). Let the world know that you're a Trekkie and be proud!

Fire HD 7 Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Amazon Fire HD 7 Case (4th Generation) 2014 Release [Unicorn Beetle PRO Series] Full-body Rugged Hybrid Protective Case Cover with Built-in Screen Protector for Amazon Fire HD 7 (4th Generation), Blue/Black - Dual Layer Design + Impact Resistant Bumper
6 used & new from $22.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, Protects Well, January 26, 2016
A family member recently received an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 as a gift. He immediately requested a "cool-looking" case for his Kindle. This case from SUPCASE didn't disappoint him at all. It was fairly easy to wrap this puppy around the Kindle and the vibrant blue color really sets it apart from similar cases.

My family member liked the rugged look of the case, and it feels and looks secure as far as I'm concerned.

This is an excellent product that I highly recommend. It looks good and protects the Kindle just like advertised.

Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Jerky, Peppered, 2.85 Ounce
Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Jerky, Peppered, 2.85 Ounce
Price: $8.70

3.0 out of 5 stars An Average Batter, January 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ball Park's Flame Grilled Peppered Beef Jerky isn't bad at all. It isn't great, either. In fact, I'd go so far to say that it's like most other peppered beef jerky out there. I do find it to be a bit more chewy than some other brands out there, so if you prefer your jerky a little on the tender and chewy side, go ahead and toss another star up on my rating.

With eleven grams of protein per serving, it's also on par with most other jerky brands out there as far as nutrition goes. You're looking at about eighty calories per serving (roughly three per package) and it's gluten free.

The taste is slightly sweet and the pepper isn't overbearing. In short, if you like most brands of peppered beef jerky, you'll like this one.

So, if you're after an average tasting beef jerky that offers nothing to stand out from the pack, pick some of this stuff up. It's ultimately a price thing for me if I'm buying this product, and I'm going to go for the cheaper brand of average jerky.

Vega Clean Protein Powder, Chocolate 19.5oz
Vega Clean Protein Powder, Chocolate 19.5oz
Price: $33.74
3 used & new from $33.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean Recovery, Clean Repair, January 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Vega Clean Protein Powder offers a quick recovery formula after your workout. Each serving contains 25 grams of protein to help you recover and repair your muscles. I use it after my Insanity workouts and after weight training. It really does help me recover, as I feel "better" faster after working out.

The taste is fairly good, but can be enhanced by mixing in bananas or other fruit to help bring out the chocolate taste.

Much like other Vega Protein powders, this one sits a little heavy in my stomach and actually helps me hold off hunger for a bit. On my off days, I'll usually have one of these for breakfast as a great meal replacement shake.

Overall this is a very good product. It's vegan friendly if you so happen to be one, so you won't have to worry about what is going into your body.

Recommended.

Delta Faucet 811902-WH Sanborne Elongated Slow-Close Seat, White
Delta Faucet 811902-WH Sanborne Elongated Slow-Close Seat, White
Price: $33.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Sit Your Bottom Down!, January 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Delta Faucet elongated slow-close seat was very easy to install. All you need for the install is a decent flat head screwdriver and a few minutes. Simply remove your old toilet seat, clean up the area (you wouldn't believe what can get trapped under the seat screws), slip the included inserts into the new seat, screw it in place and shut the covers over the screws. That's it.

The seat features no-slip bumpers on its underside so that you and your bum don't go for a ride if you lean a little too far to one side or the other. The slow-close lid is a nice feature, as I don't particularly appreciate lids that want to slam down on you or any of your more tender areas.

I knocked off one star because the specs state that it is fourteen inches wide and eighteen and one half inches long, but it came up just a bit short of that on my toilet with those dimensions. It still sits quite well, but not as well as it is supposed to sit.

Overall, this is a great standard seat for elongated bowls. I recommend it.

Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Figure Snow Mission Rey (Starkiller Base)
Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Figure Snow Mission Rey (Starkiller Base)
17 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rey Is Awesome!, January 6, 2016
In the last few years, Hasbro has begun reintroducing (some would say "reverted back to") figures with five points of articulation. This seems to be a big problem for many adult collectors. Kids don't seem to mind these figures as much and I've witnessed many of them playing with these figures as if nothing is wrong with them.

As an adult collector myself (and a former kid that played with old school figures from the late seventies and early eighties), I really don't have a problem with the articulation of these figures. There's a heavy nostalgia factor for anybody who grew up with the original films, and I truly do like the simplicity of the figures.

This Rey figure from The Force Awakens features five points of articulation, although her head is ball-jointed and can be tilted and turned to a different degree than the old school figures. She comes with her staff and backpack from the film and another accessory that can be combined with similar pieces from other figures in the line to form a larger accessory. I'm really not that interested in this feature, but it's decent enough.

The backpack is attached using straps and not a notch on Rey's back like other figures often use.

There is a great amount of detail on this figure, especially considering the limited articulation. In many cases, figures in this line have better paint schemes on them than the more expensive, more articulated Black Series figures.

When I purchased this figure, I did so with the full intent to open the package and display her alongside my Finn and Kylo Ren figures from the same line. The only thing missing is BB-8, but I believe that I'll survive.

This line of figures has greatly improved upon other recent Hasbro 5POA offerings that feature Star Wars characters. Hopefully with the success of the film, Hasbro will continue to make better sculpts of the figures in this line.

Highly recommended to fans who enjoy collecting Star Wars figures, kids, and kids at heart.

CB Sports Big Boys' Hi Tech Distress Line Print Pattern Fleece Hoodie, Kelly Green, 10/12
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Bright And Warm, January 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked up this fleece hoodie for my son. He's at a stage where his growth rate is going through the roof, so I grabbed this particular hoodie a size larger than he normally wears. It's a good thing, too, because he grew an inch recently and this hoodie fits him quite well.

The print is very bright and might be a little too "loud" for some parents to place on their children, but I appreciate that my kid will stick out in a crowd wearing this. He's easy to spot and, at least for safety's sake, I'm glad he's wearing such a bright print.

There is fleece lining inside the jacket that my son says is very warm. It's very soft to the touch as well.

Overall, I recommend this hoodie from CB Sports. It appears to be well made and fits my son well. I only give it four stars though, for the wild print that some parents might not like.

Lipton Green Tea, Pure 20 ct
Lipton Green Tea, Pure 20 ct
Offered by Classic. Simple. Good.
Price: $8.99
7 used & new from $3.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Pleasure, December 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife and I both enjoy sipping on warm tea, especially during the chillier months of the year. My wife enjoys many types of tea except for Green Tea. I really enjoy Earl Grey tea, so that's usually what I purchase when I'm out getting groceries. It makes married life much easier for me.

However, every once in awhile I will risk my marriage and brew Green Tea for myself. When offered Lipton's Green Tea, I had to grab it for the simple fact that I really enjoy this very tea (at least when the wife is not around). It's a personal little pleasure that keeps me sane.

This tea brews quite well and has a great taste to it. It ultimately boils down to whether or not you enjoy Green Tea. If you do, give this a try. If not, call me and let me know what types of tea that you enjoy so that I can run them by my wife!

Fruit of the Loom Men's 5-Pack No Ride Up Boxer Brief, Black/Gray,X-Large
Fruit of the Loom Men's 5-Pack No Ride Up Boxer Brief, Black/Gray,X-Large
Offered by Russell Athletic
Price: $18.99
4 used & new from $12.34

4.0 out of 5 stars The Odd Ball, December 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been wearing Fruit of the Loom briefs my entire life, with a few other brands tossed in here and there. When boxer briefs arrived on the scene, I happily switched to them because I prefer the longer length they offer when compared to tighty whities. I've never liked traditional boxers because I really don't like having my twig and berries bounce around with reckless abandon. A snug sack makes me a happy Jack. However, if a pair of briefs are just a little too oppressive, I find myself in a tight plight.

One thing that I've noticed in recent years is that Fruit of the Loom's boxer briefs have become more constricting. Standard boxer briefs like this pack have become a lot tighter (but free up a tad bit after a couple of uses) and the same briefs with stripes or other patterns are even tighter. This pack of boxer briefs are definitely too tight on the first go round, but seem to be loosening up a bit with wear. The bat and balls are pressed against me a little bit more than I'm comfortable with and the legs are a bit stressed, but I know that they will eventually get some relief once these briefs get worn a bit more.

If you prefer a little compression but not a whole lot, I highly recommend upsizing your undies if you go with these Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs. Your tenders will thank you for it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20