Profile for K. Fontenot > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1420

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Fontenot "Prairie Cajun Regenerated!" RSS Feed (Louisiana)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Star Wars Episode III Clone Shock Trooper
Star Wars Episode III Clone Shock Trooper
Offered by paulmartstore
Price: $7.14
30 used & new from $3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Top Notch Figure In A So-So Line, July 25, 2014
I'm a sucker for the clones from the Star Wars films. Over the last year I've really started to build my clone collection. Many people write off the recent Saga Legends figures as cheaply made, boring (due to their limited articulation), and just plain useless, but I am rather fond of a few of the figures in this line. The Shock Trooper is one of those figures.

Now, this guy doesn't come with much (just a blaster) but of all of the figures in the Saga Legends and Mission Series lines in the last couple of years, this figure has the best and most consistent paint job.

If you've visited any store recently that sells these figures and stopped to look them over, you'd notice that the paint schemes are terribly hit and miss. It often takes a lot of digging to find a figure with good paint, but once you find one, it's a keeper. With the Shock Troopers, though, I have yet to find one with a terribly bad paint job, and sadly he is one of the biggest pegwarmers in the bunch, so I've had a lot of opportunities to analyze them.

The best thing about this figure is that he's pretty cheap, and if you can catch him on sell somewhere, he's a great army builder figure. The only mild complaint that I have is that his feet (as with all of the clone figures in this line) seem a bit too big in relation to the rest of the figure.

So, I give this figure four stars and drop one star due to the fact that the feet are a bit off. Other than that, he's a pretty cool cat.

Star Wars: Episode 2 Zam Wesell with Face Reveal Action Action Figure
Star Wars: Episode 2 Zam Wesell with Face Reveal Action Action Figure
Offered by Old River Treasures
Price: $5.45
58 used & new from $0.48

3.0 out of 5 stars "It Was Just A Job.", July 25, 2014
Poor Zam Wesell. She was just being a good bounty hunter that subcontracted a job from Jango Fett in "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones," and she ended up with an arm lopped off and a Kaminoan dart to the neck! Her moment in "ATOC" was brief, but it was one of the better moments in that film. I always loved the chase scene between her and Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Her ship was exotic looking and made cool noises. Then she had to go and screw everything up by trying to turn the tables on the Jedi!

Oh well, I finally got around to picking up a figure of her at a recent convention that I attended. The crowd was thin and the vendor who sold her to me was a bit desperate to get rid of a ton of Star Wars figures, so I got a really great deal on this figure and a few others.

While I like the character and really want to love this figure, it just has too much going against it to be worthy of more than three stars. It has a token "special feature" that all of these figures had in this run. Her feature is "Quick Draw Action" and it's decent, but nothing to brag about. She also comes with "Face Reveal Action" that's pretty lame because the Clawdite face attachment doesn't fit too well over her human face.

She comes with a blaster that fits into her hand or her holster, and thanks to a magnetic arm (a feature I do like), you can relive the scene where Obi-Wan brings the pain and lops that right arm off at the elbow!

The figure is very well articulated for its time, but unfortunately her legs are set at a bizarre angle and it's tough to get her to stand on her own.

With all of that said, however, I do like the figure. There are other Zam figures out there and I'm sure I'll get one or two of them eventually. For now, I'll enjoy this one.

Funko Kiss - Paul Stanley "The Starchild" Wacky Wobbler
Funko Kiss - Paul Stanley "The Starchild" Wacky Wobbler
Offered by Cool Dad's Toys
Price: $11.90
18 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Starchild Lands On The Planet.....And Your Desk!, July 25, 2014
When most people think about Paul Stanley, one of the most iconic frontmen in rock, they think of him strutting and dancing across the stage and then hopping onto the mic to belt lyrics like "You pulled the trigger of myyyyyyyyy........love gunnnnnnn!" Others know him for his in-between-songs banter, devilishly dirty but delivered in a way that the kids might not pick up on at the show. Now, fans of the Starchild can have him sitting on their desk, their coffee table, or possibly in their bathroom over the sink (whatever floats your boat) in bobblehead form.

Yes, I know that these bobbleheads have been out for a few years now, but I'm just getting around to picking up the Starchild. In fact, I only got him because my sister gave him to me as a birthday gift.

I also have the Gene Simmons "Demon" bobblehead and much like it the "Starchild" has excellent pain and features Paul in his "Destroyer" album cover garb.

Simply put, if you're a KISS fan, you are almost ordered to by this by the rest of the KISS Army. If you're just a passing fan, you might want to grab this so that you'll have something to strike up a conversation with visitors. In either case, you're gonna "Lick It Up!"

Funko Kiss - Gene Simmons "The Demon" Wacky Wobbler
Funko Kiss - Gene Simmons "The Demon" Wacky Wobbler
Offered by Gifts-and-Toys
Price: $18.95
8 used & new from $18.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The God Of Thunder Quakes!, July 25, 2014
I received a KISS "The Demon" Wacky Wobbler bobblehead for my birthday recently. Being a huge KISS fan, it should come as no surprise to anyone that I loved this gift.

While bobbleheads do little more than sit there and stare at you until you give them a shake, it's always cool to have one around in my opinion. I've had an Ozzy Osbourne bobblehead sitting on my desk by my computer for roughly six years now, and he always draws comments from first-time visitors. Needless to say, Gene Simmons' black and white bat-winged moniker will definitely draw a bit of attention, and I'm sure he'll spark up a number of conversations.

The bobblehead features Gene in his "Destroyer" album gear (slightly modified). The paint scheme is great, and I especially appreciate how clean the make-up on Gene's face looks. There are no blemishes on the figure at all. The only thing missing is Gene's signature axe bass, but I think I can let that slide for now.

In closing, hardcore fans of KISS have probably already gotten their hands on at least one of these Wacky Wobbler bobbleheads. I plan on getting the rest of the band in the near future. Specifically, I plan on getting the Spaceman (Ace Frehley) very, very soon!

Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi 12" Action Figure
Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi 12" Action Figure
Price: $10.79
77 used & new from $5.27

4.0 out of 5 stars "It's over Anakin. I Have The High Ground.", July 25, 2014
Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favorite character from the Star Wars Universe. I'm especially fond of Ewan McGregor's portrayal of the character in the prequels. Naturally my son was introduced to Star Wars at a young age by me and he loves it just as much (if not more) than I do. Hasbro has been releasing these twelve inch figures for a couple of years now, and he has quite a few of them in his collection.

The Obi-Wan figure is a nice addition to any collection, especially if you mean to actually play with it. A lot of collectors nag about these figures, which include five points of articulation and, specifically with this figure, the lightsaber hilt is molded into his hand. I don't mind this one bit. Why? Because these figures are big, hard to lose, and come with one removable piece (the blade of the lightsaber).

When we hit the road, my son will grab at least two of these figures and bring them with him. They are easier to keep track of than their smaller counterparts and provide plenty of hours of play on the road.

This Obi-Wan figure is, in my opinion, also one of the best figures to purchase if you want to display him. The likeness to McGregor is very good, and the figure stands tall on just about any shelf you put him on.

If your child enjoys playing with Star Wars figures, pick up this one and a couple of others in this line. You won't regret it!

Star Wars Anakin Skywalker 12-Inch Figure
Star Wars Anakin Skywalker 12-Inch Figure
Price: $12.23
24 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars "You Underestimate My Power!", July 25, 2014
I've never been a huge fan of Anakin Skywalker (at least the prequel version), but I do admit that I like the overall look of the character. I mean, he's an all-powerful Jedi who turns to the Dark Side. What's not to like about that? Still, my son is a really big fan of Anakin and of Star Wars in general, so whenever Hasbro started cranking out these twelve inch figures and sold them for a budget-friendly price, I decided to pick some of them up for him.

Anakin's articulation is limited, but you have to remember that this guy is built specifically for youngsters to play with and not necessarily for the hardcore collector (although hardcore collectors should probably grab at least one of the figures in this line). His arms, legs, and head all swivel. His lightsaber is built into his hand, so it cannot be removed, but the blade can be taken out if you'd like.

The best thing about this figure is that it's big, lacks a lot of little (and easily lost) accessories, and is perfect for taking on road trips with the family or visits to a relative's house. This big lug is tough to lose and can take quite a beating, as he frequently squares off against my son's other Hasbro twelve inch figures from their Marvel line.

Overall, this figure is excellent for its intended purpose. Collectors whining over quality should stick to the six inch Black Series figures or the older Kenner twelve inch figures.

Recommended.

Windex Multi-Surface Cleaner Spray, Crystal Rain, 26 oz (Pack Of 2)
Windex Multi-Surface Cleaner Spray, Crystal Rain, 26 oz (Pack Of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spray On, Mighty Windex Warriors!, July 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I hate to clean windows. I hate to clean my stove top. I hate to clean my counters. I hate cleaning just about anything that necessitates a cleaner like Windex. Why? Because I don't like having to switch between different cleaners for different surfaces. I would much rather have one or two products that I can use throughout most of the bathroom and kitchen.

Praise the good Lord above for Windex Multi-Surface Cleaner! Now I can roam from the kitchen to the bathroom with a roll of paper towels in tow, hit the windows, the stove, the counters, sinks, and even the external portions of the potty with one spray in hand. This cleaner works wonderfully. It leaves my windows and all of the other surfaces I use it on completely streak free. I particularly like the way it makes my kitchen counter look. All shiny!

The Crystal Rain scent is pleasant but not so strong that you'll run out of the house with bleeding eyes and nostrils, which is a pretty good thing if you ask me!

Granted, I still have to break out toilet cleaner and the floor polish for other surfaces, but this cleaner is my go-to when I need to wipe up the nasties that land on, stick to, or (if it's been a few weeks) grow on surfaces in my home.

Highly recommended!

Oxiclean White Revive Powder, 5 Pound
Oxiclean White Revive Powder, 5 Pound
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An Old Fashioned Oxiclean Big Tent Revival.....Wait, What?, July 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used Oxiclean products in the past and while they did a very good job, they never seemed to live up to the hype surrounding them via infomercials and advertisements in magazines. Oxiclean White Revive is not much different in that respect.

Are the clothes clean? Yes. Do they smell good? Somewhat. Do they look brighter than they did before using Oxiclean? Not really.

I've done quite a few loads of laundry since this product arrived at my door, and all of the clothes, towels, wash rags, and socks look pretty much the same as they did before. I even soaked the clothes as recommended for six hours on a couple of loads and the clothes don't look that much better.

However, I will say that this particular Oxiclean powder smells quite nice. It's not a very strong scent (that's a good thing in my book), but is pleasant.

The biggest question that needs to be asked is: Will I use this product again? Probably, but only if the price is right.

Mildly recommended.

Star Wars Mission Series Bespin Pack
Star Wars Mission Series Bespin Pack
Offered by Past Generation Toys
Price: $21.61
7 used & new from $15.83

4.0 out of 5 stars "No. I Am Your Father.", July 24, 2014
"Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back" is quite possibly the greatest film in the Star Wars franchise. With its "bad guys win" ending and paternal plot twist, it gave fans of science fiction and fantasy something they hadn't seen before. Even though the film is over thirty years of age, it still strikes hard at the heart of Star Wars fans and fans of cinema in general as well.

This Mission Series figure set, the Bespin Pack, features Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader as seen during their battle in Cloud City. For anyone familiar with the Mission Series or Saga Legends lines of recent years, you know that these figures come with five points of articulation. I've mentioned many times in other reviews on the reasons why I like these figures but highly recommend purchasing them in store instead of on line since the paint jobs vary greatly from figure to figure. That holds true for this set as well, as I chose the best of three at a local retail store.

The Vader figure appears to be a repack from a previous Mission Series set, one that featured a Seeker Droid. My son has that set, and when I compared the two Vaders, I noticed that my Vader's cape seems to be set just a tad bit too deep into his neck and is pinched in place. However, I actually like this mishap because it makes the cape look more like the one in the film. Vader's kama is built into his legs and is therefore split so that he can "walk" if need be. His only accessory is his lightsaber.

The Luke Skywalker figure is a new sculpt, and it's quite a good one at that. The paint on the one I purchased is excellent, and the detail is very nice. I particularly like the details on Luke's boots. The figure comes with two accessories, a blaster and a lightsaber. Luke's blaster can be placed in his holster unlike Han Solo and Jango Fett figures in previous Mission Series sets. His lightsaber is also very nicely detailed.

The bottom line on this set is that if you don't like the 5 POA Saga Legends/Mission Series lines, skip this set. I like them, and will continue to buy them. Again, I highly recommend purchasing them at a store instead of on line, and I especially hope that you'll buy them for the MSRP and not the bloated prices some are offering these sets for on the web.

True Colors (Star Wars: Republic Commando, Book 3)
True Colors (Star Wars: Republic Commando, Book 3)
by Karen Traviss
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.82
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunt For The Real Enemy, July 24, 2014
Karen Traviss impressed me with her two previous Star Wars Republic Commando novels, "Hard Contact" and "Triple Zero," so I was expecting more of the same with "True Colors." The bizarre thing about "True Colors," though, was that as I read it, I felt as if Traviss had missed or forgotten something that made her previous work special. However, just like old Emperor Palpatine's issuance of Order 66, Traviss threw a couple of curve balls late in this novel that made it even better than the first two books.

"True Colors" finds Omega Squad and Delta Squad on separate missions and their beloved sergeant, Kal Skirata, on a very private mission of his own with some of his Null ARC troopers in tow. The rest of the gang from the previous novels are also hard at work, with Etain attempting to keep a promise made on Qiilura, General Jusik playing espionage and counter espionage agent, and Besany Wennen doing basically any and everything she's asked to do.

Other characters from the previous novels also play roles in this story, but I'll let you, the reader, check out what they are up to. On top of that, we get to meet a few new characters that add even more color to this wonderful series. Just know that despite an ever-growing cast, Traviss manages to keep each and every character in check, continuously developing, and, most importantly, interesting to read about.

As each group or individual progresses on their respective missions or callings, Traviss funnels them all together to reveal a number of secrets that make the Republic and, to a lesser degree, the Jedi, look less innocent than they might appear. The Jedi, mired in dogma, seem to be stuck in a situation not unlike the clones, who are finding out just how valued they are by the Republic. Of course, fans of Star Wars know that the Republic as a whole is being manipulated by one certain individual, and as I read this story and saw the direction that it has our heroes headed in, I begin to wonder when, and if, any of them will finally see the greatest threat to themselves and to the innocent people throughout the Republic. I also kept waiting for certain characters to find out too much and pay the ultimate price. I won't reveal if any characters do find out too much, but Traviss has certainly set the table for the next book in this series, "Order 66."

I really enjoyed "True Colors." I had my doubts at first but as I continued to read Traviss pulled me in for a dark ride. Knowing what I already know about Palpatine, the impending Order 66, and how much I've grown to truly love some of the characters in these books, I became hesitant at times to continue reading. Trust me, though, it's worth it.

This novel also includes a glimpse at "Death Star" and an excellent short story from Traviss entitled "Odds." Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20