Profile for Ken Fontenot > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1531

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ken Fontenot "The Force Is Strong With This Prairie Cajun!" RSS Feed (Louisiana)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII 100-Percent Polyester Wrinkle Resistant Wide Tablecloth, 70 by 84-Inch, Light Blue, Seats 6 to 8 People
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars And No Permanent Stains!, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an excellent table for general use both in and out of the home. So far we've only used it to dress up our dinner table a bit, but it has held up wonderfully under circumstances that include spilled gumbo, dropped red beans and rice, and other more standard spills and crumbs that come with having a family that includes a teenager and a youngster under ten years of age.

The light blue coloring is very nice and I especially like the texture. It just "feels" like it will last us a long time.

So far this tablecloth has been very stain resistant. As I already stated, we've spilled a couple of things on it and all of the stains have easily been washed out.

Five stars for this excellent tablecloth. I see it lasting us for a long time!

Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
Price: $23.38
17 used & new from $23.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Lose Weight (And A Little Bit of Confidence As Well), April 8, 2015
I have tried everything from weight loss pills to weight loss shakes and just about every "get fit quick" scheme out there and, as expected, almost none of them do anything for me. The only thing that I've found that really, really works is the old tried and true "eat less, exercise more" routine. I recently went on a psychotic three round Insanity binge and lost over sixty pounds. Never in my life had I felt as healthy and confident as I did after losing all of that weight.

Soon enough, though, old habits started to kick back in and I allowed myself to stop exercising and start eating more food on a daily basis. I gained almost all of the weight back and my confidence level fell through the floor. In desperation, I ordered two bottles of the Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet. l hoped that its claim of losing up to ten pounds in two days was true, and my personal research over the many years of being a fatty told me that if anything I would just lose water weight and......that's exactly what happened.

I lost six pounds in two days. However, sipping a drink for two days straight does not build muscle tone or boost confidence. The product worked but I felt as if I cheated myself (and in all honesty, that's exactly what I did). Dropping water weight looked good on the scale, but mentally and emotionally I knew that those six pounds would be back with a vengeance if I didn't turn my lifestyle habits around.

I've since hopped back on the Insanity wagon and look forward to reaching my old goal weight of 180 pounds. I do recommend this product if you're wanting to desperately fit into clothes that might be just a tad bit tight, because it does purge a few pounds out of the system. That's why I'm giving it four stars. However, if you really want to feel good about yourself, stop reading this review, turn on a workout video, visit a gym, or take a hike. You'll thank yourself in the long run and feel a lot better about yourself as well.

STAINMASTER Trusoft Lattice Design Bath Rug, 21 by 36-Inch, Cobble Stone Grey
STAINMASTER Trusoft Lattice Design Bath Rug, 21 by 36-Inch, Cobble Stone Grey
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays Dry And In Place!, April 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Stainmaster has done it again with the Trusoft Lattice bath rug. This is the second Stainmaster rug that I've received and I have to admit that this one is excellent. It feels really good on bare feet, especially when stepping out of the shower. It absorbs moisture quickly and dries fairly fast as well.

What I like most about this rug is the tough rubber gripping on the bottom of the rug. I have yet to move this rug out of place on my tiled bathroom floor.

I highly recommend the Stainmaster Trusoft Lattice Design bath rug, as well as any other Stainmaster product.

NUMI Organic Tea Capsules, Moroccan Mint, 16 Count
NUMI Organic Tea Capsules, Moroccan Mint, 16 Count
Price: $18.24
2 used & new from $18.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Relax And Help The Planet As Well, March 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
NUMI's Moroccan Mint Tea Capsules provide a quick and easy way to relax with a warm cup of tea. It is made with 100% herbal tea and offers up just enough of a taste of mint to satisfy. I enjoy drinking this tea early in the morning before work or late in the afternoon whenever I want to take it easy for a bit.

The tea is packaged in RealCup filtered cups that fit Keurig brewers. Unlike the standard K-Cup, RealCup filters can be removed from the cups they come in and the cups can then be recycled. This combines convenience and environmental sensibility in one very good cup of tea.

I highly recommend the NUMI Moroccan Mint Organic Tea Capsules.

BOOMco. Slamblast Blaster
BOOMco. Slamblast Blaster
Price: $12.99
14 used & new from $12.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Future Snipers Will Appreciate This Toy, March 31, 2015
This review is from: BOOMco. Slamblast Blaster (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
BOOMco's Slamblast Blaster is a cool little air-powered soft-tipped dart gun that lets the shooter send a shot hurtling across the room. It comes with an adhesive-backed target that allows you to stick it just about anywhere (except where noted on the packaging). Simply load a dart into the blaster, extend it out to its full length (or however far out you want depending on the power of your shot and your firing strength), aim, and squeeze back the forward handle to fire your dart.

The darts stick to the target (unless you fire too hard, which happened a lot in my case and in my young son's case) so that you can see where you hit and keep score if you'd like.

The blaster comes with the aforementioned target and eight soft darts. The darts can be stored in and on the blaster. This toy really is fun but like most blasters similar to it, it can jam up a bit. Still, I recommend this toy for youngsters and oldsters alike.

Jarrow Formulas HC-Active Garcinia Cambogia Supplement, 90 Count
Jarrow Formulas HC-Active Garcinia Cambogia Supplement, 90 Count
Price: $19.62
16 used & new from $16.60

1.0 out of 5 stars I Got Nuttin', March 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Jarrow Formulas HC-Active Garcinia Cambogia supplement is just one more in a long line of snake oils offered by this company. It supposedly reduces appetite and cuts back the longing for snacks, but it didn't do it for me. It's also supposed to support your metabolism but, again, nothing happened for me. It doesn't help with post-workout recovery nor does it appear to do much of anything else that it promises to do.

In short, avoid this product. If you want to lose weight, count calories, EXERCISE, and stay active when not working out. You'll see an improvement over time if you stick with it.

Adonit Jot Mini Fine Point Stylus for Apple, Android, Kindle, Samsung, and Windows Phones - Silver
3 used & new from $19.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate And Convenient!, March 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Adonit Jot Mini Fine Point Stylus is an item that I've never really considered using in the past but now that I've got one, I can't believe that I've been holding out so long to get one! This small stylus is jus a tad bit smaller than your standard ink pen and features a nice slotted top that allow you to place it in your pocket. It also features a small cover that unscrews off of the point of the stylus and attaches to the top so that you can keep the tip of the stylus protected when not in use and also easily keep track of the cap.

Using the stylus is easy. Simply use it on the touchscreen of your smartphone (I have an Android) as you would use your finger. The point of the stylus features a plastic circle that allows for smooth coasting across the surface of your phone and the ball-jointed tip rolls along happily while you check emails, jot notes, or catch up on Facebook.

Reaction time is flawless and it's much more precise than using your finger. I've had a lot fewer instances of my phone highlighting the area that I touched in order to make my selection again because my finger covered too much area on my initial touch.

The only drawback is that this stylus doesn't have any way to be physically attached to a backpack, keepcase, or phone, excepting the aforementioned slotted top. Basically it is as easy to lose an any pen or pencil you might have with you.

Despite this, I highly recommend the Adonit Jot Mini Fine Point Stylus. It works great with my Android.

DC Comics 12" Batman Figure
DC Comics 12" Batman Figure
Price: $11.99
70 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars DC Is Definitely Tackling Titans, March 11, 2015
This review is from: DC Comics 12" Batman Figure (Toy)
Batman is my favorite superhero of all time. It's hard to not love the guy. He fights crime but avoids killing his enemies. He's smart enough to figure out who are what is committing crimes and then prepares himself to defeat them. He's rich. In short, he's one of the coolest mortals on the planet.

In recent years Hasbro has been cranking out Marvel Titan Series Action Figures, which are twelve inch tall figures of Captain America, Thor, Spider-man, Iron Man, etc. These figures are very popular with both myself and my son because A) they are big which means they are hard to lose and B) if they come with accessories, it's usually just one accessory like Cap's shield or Thor's hammer. They also have limited articulation, usually only articulated at the hips, shoulders, and head. Some figures are also articulated at the wrists. I've purchased quite a few of these figures as well as the Star Wars figures in the same line. With just a couple of misfires (I'm looking at you, Rocket Raccoon and Star Lord), the figures have managed to keep my son's attention on road trips and we haven't lost one yet.

This DC Comics Twelve Inch Figure Line (which currently features Batman, Superman, The Flash, and Joker) are obviously meant to compete with the Titans line and for the most part, they are excellent figures. For starters, they are articulated at the elbows and have ball joints at the shoulders (the Titans Series does not). This alone gives kids the chance to pose their favorite heroes a little bit more than the standard 5 POA poses of "touchdown" or "awkward running man." With that said, though, the paint job on these figures is hit or miss.

The Batman figure that I purchased has a couple of paint drops on his cowl and after seeing this (post purchase, of course), I decided to peruse a few more of the figures and found that almost all of them have at least one major blemish on them that ranged from paint drippings to chest logo fades. I highly recommend buying these figures in a store and looking them over very well before purchase.

My son enjoys playing with this Batman figure and especially loves the fact that Batman can now team up with Captain America. For the age range they are shooting for, these figures are excellent.

Recommended, but be sure to scope the figure out before purchase.

Highest Quality Athleema Set of 3 Loop Bands (Light, Medium, Heavy) 10" X 2" the Best Exercise Loop Resistance Bands for Any Workout. Great for Home Gyms, Yoga, Pilates, Physical Therapy. 100% Natural Latex. Lifetime Guarantee. Special Low Introductory Price.
Offered by Kane And Sons
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Resistance Is Futile!, March 9, 2015
I received these bands from the seller with a request to write an honest review of them. I have to say right off of the bat that they are of very exceptional quality, especially for the price. There are three bands in all, each with an increasing level of resistance. They are clearly labelled to let the user know the resistance level.They come in a small black cloth bag that keeps them all in one place.

I had to knock one star off of this product for the simple fact that there are no instructions included on how to use the bands. My wife, who was recently in an accident and is doing exercises as part of her therapy, knew immediately how to use these bands. I had to search on the web to find anything that remotely resembled the bands in order to figure out a few ways to use them.

Once I figured out a few decent exercises to do with the bands, I've been using them regularly ever since (about four weeks). I really like them and they show no signs of wear or tear after about a month of use.

I recommend these bands to folks that need resistance but don't want a ton of weight to deal with while exercising. They are also very good to use if you are doing some type of physical therapy. I just wish that instructions were included.

Recommended.

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
DVD ~ Nathan Fillion
Offered by Central Park Entertainment
Price: $7.00
106 used & new from $0.03

4.0 out of 5 stars One Story Makes This Film Better Than It Really Is, March 3, 2015
DC's animated universe expands with "Green Lantern: Emerald Knights." The film follows a format somewhat similar to "Batman: Gotham Knight," where independent stories are told in one film. Unlike "Gotham Knight," which told six stories with unique animation stylings, all of the stories in "Emerald Knights" feature the same animation and are tied together via Hal Jordan (Nathan Fillion) recounting the tales to Arisia Rrab (Elizabeth Moss) as they and the rest of the Green Lanterns prepare for a massive battle against Krona, who wants to destroy pretty much everything and everyone.

There are five stories in all, each focusing on a different Lantern at various points in history. My favorite story is "The First Lantern," about Avra, a scribe who seems the least likely candidate to be a Lantern but proves to all that he is more than worthy of the ring. Another exceptional tale is that of Laira, who battles her family in her first mission.

Kilowog, Abin Sur, and Mogo are all featured in their own stories, and Abin Sur's tale hints at things to come for another Lantern, Sinestro. Fans of the comics, the live action Ryan Reynolds flick, or just about any other story that features Sinestro knows what he is to become.

Overall this film truly deserves three and a half stars (I always round up) due to the fact that we really don't get to learn about or see much of Krona and a couple of the stories are forgettable. The Mogo tale was particularly dull in my opinion.

However, the Avra story alone makes this film worth watching and because of this I recommend this film to anybody who is a fan of Green Lantern and/or the DC Animated Universe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20