Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for amarkus11 > Reviews

Browse

amarkus11's Profile

Customer Reviews: 53

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

amarkus11 RSS Feed (San Jose)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Loreena's Gift
Loreena's Gift
Price: $9.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, June 22, 2016
This review is from: Loreena's Gift (Kindle Edition)
Great story, but slightly clunky writing.

Estilo 100% Natural Bamboo Salt and Spice Box with Lid Set 2, Bamboo
Estilo 100% Natural Bamboo Salt and Spice Box with Lid Set 2, Bamboo
Price: $10.05
3 used & new from $10.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, with a very loose top., June 22, 2016
We cook a lot, and so we use a lot of salt. Grinding salt above a boiling pot of water is silly and usually steams up the inside of the grinder. We used to have a glass jar with a suction lid filled with salt near the stove, but it was too big and also got lots of cooking splatter on it making it look gross. Having an easy to open, smallish salt box near the stove was the main reason we got these. I planned on using the extra one for garlic.
When the boxes arrived they looked good. While the tops seemed a bit loose, the magnet closure helped keep things in. Unfortunately, they're almost too small when it comes to garlic, but that's not their intended purpose, so I just filled it with pepper so we have both together.

Here are my issues:
If you're supposed to use them for salt and pepper, it would be nice to have some kind of identifier on the outside so you can see which is which.
Over the course of a week the lids became progressively looser. Now 10 days later they're really loose to the point where salt and pepper come through the side when I move them around too quickly or tilt them over.
They immediately feel very cheap and the salt inside is clumping from what seems like excessive moisture in the air.

We're going to look for another option for our spices that have a better closing mechanism.
I received these at a discount for my honest and unbiased review.

Foonii Bent Stainless Steel Drinking Straws for Juice Cocktail Beverage and more, Set of 6 + 2 Cleaning Brushes included
Offered by Foonii US
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Future of Straws, June 8, 2016
My wife and I have a smoothie every morning at work. The smoothies are chunky enough that it's nice to have a straw to drink them. We had previously been working our way through a massive Target bag of plastic bendy straws, but most of them cracked when you expanded the bend. Also we didn't love the idea of using cheap plastic on something we drank every morning. I originally wanted to get that crazy titanium straw from Snow Peak, but at $18 for one, it seemed kind of silly. I found this 6 pack that came with 2 cleaning brushes and dove in since we were getting these at a discount for reviewing them. I was a bit skeptical to be honest, but was pleasantly surprised. They're obviously super strong and help me chop up some of the stronger bits of apple and pear. There's also no plastic taste that we used to get with the cheap straws. They get nice and cold too. The little brushes are handy, but so far we've just put them in the dishwasher since we've got 3 each and thats about how often we run the dishwasher anyway. I'll update if they end up tarnishing or rusting, but with stainless, it should be fine. Again, I did receive these at a discount for my honest review, and I can honestly say, they're pretty awesome.

AncStudio Wireless Bluetooth Headphone Headset noise cancelling NFC pairing Mic hands free calling Stereo Headphone (White)
Offered by WhiteLabel Direct
Price: $99.99
5 used & new from $63.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I cant hear my loud eating co-worker anymore., June 1, 2016
I haven't had a proper pair of headphones in years, but my wife recently won a pair of Beats and I got jealous while we were on a flight trying to watch a movie together. I've only been wearing these at work to drown out loud co-workers, but so far so good.

Feel:
I guess my ears are smaller than some peoples, because I haven't had any issues with discomfort. The headphones fit over my ears, but its a close fit. I like that the adjustment happens on the actual earphone as opposed to the headband. It makes the construction feel a bit more solid than comparable sets.

Connectivity:
They paired with my Macbook Pro and Samsung Galaxy S7 without any issues over bluetooth. I tried the NFC with my phone and it worked pretty easily too. It basically just turns the bluetooth on and pairs it automatically. Neat trick.

Sound:
These are a bit bass heavy depending on what you're listening to. I was able to adjust the EQ in iTunes while listening to the new Radiohead album and it evened things out nicely. Movie trailers on the Apple website sounded really deep, but I think most headphones err on the side of bassiness these days.

Noise Cancelation:
It's hard to give this a super accurate review without having taken a flight with these yet, but it seems a bit underwhelming compared to the Beats. I'll update once I've used them on a flight, because that's the main reason I wanted these. My hearing is getting pretty bad and listening to movies/music on flights is rough sometimes.

Misc:
Love the soft bag it comes with and the mic seems to be pretty decent. I kind of wish it came with a hard case, as other reviewers noted, but not a deal breaker.

For the price, these are definitely a good deal. If you're not into heavy bass, then maybe find something a bit more refined.
I received these at a discount for my honest and unbiased review, but they were good for the original price too.

Solar Lights, Lemontec 2-in-1 Adjustable 4 LED Wall and Landscape Light; Spotlight Bright-and-Dark Sensing Auto On/Off Security Lighting; Ideal for Patio, Yard, Garden, Driveway, and Pool 2 Pack
Offered by Bestie Accessories
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $26.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Super easy solar spot lights to make your yard all the classy., May 9, 2016
We recently did some landscaping in our backyard and removed a bunch of old, broken, hard-wired lights. Once everything had been removed and cleaned up, we wanted to install a few up-lights to highlight the tree's we kept. I found these solar lights, which were obviously way easier to install than another set of hard-wired spot lights. Out of the box, one of them had enough charge that when i covered the solar panel it lit up right away. The other light had no charge, so I couldn't tell if it was on or off. I exposed the solar panel to the sun for about 5 seconds (yes, 5 seconds), then covered it up and the light was already functional. Pretty impressive charging to give it any power at all from 5 seconds of charging. I spiked them into the ground at the base of the tree in the late afternoon, with maybe 3 or 4 hours of sunlight left. By that night the lights were super bright and making our backyard feel suuuuper classy. No complaints, and we'll likely get a couple more to showoff our other 2 trees.
I received these at a discount for my honest and unbiased review, but they're worth it at full price too.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Galaxy S7 Case, PLESON® [Tou] Samsung Galaxy S7 Case, Super-Thin Crystal Clear Case Lightweight/ NO Bulkiness/ Shock Absorption/ Scratch Resistant Soft TPU Protective Bumper Case for Galaxy S7 (2016)
Offered by PLESON
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful, May 2, 2016
I was a bit hesitant to get this case, since I've had bad luck with these soft TPU cases in the past. The one I had for my previous S6 became yellow very quickly and would have that weird bubble effect on the glass back of the phone. I've also seen cases where the cutouts had really rough edges. This one has none of those problems. Not only is the case crystal clear, but there are no issues with bubbling due to the micro dot texture on the back. The cutouts are nice and roomy and super smooth. The button covers are not only perfectly aligned, but they have a really slight texture on them making them easier to find and press. I just wish that they had embossed the logo instead of printed it on.
I received this product at a discount for my honest and unbiased review, but I would have bought it anyway since my brand new S7 was naked.

Chef's Star Stainless Steel Compost Bin 1 Gallon
Chef's Star Stainless Steel Compost Bin 1 Gallon
Offered by Super Deal
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Stank free!, April 26, 2016
We've been trying to reduce our trash (and smell) in the kitchen for a while now. Since we (my wife) mostly prepares fresh veggies at home, it felt like we should be doing something better with our food waste. My boss told me that she had one of these in her kitchen and it keeps her garbage empty and way less stanky. I got a pack of Biobag, Food Waste Bags, 3 Gallon, 25 Count (Pack of 4) bags to go with the bin and they fit perfectly. They do get a bit of moisture in between the bin and the bag if you leave them in for too long, so now we just swap out the bag every few days. The carbon filters in the top keep any smells from sneaking out, and its actually not to bad looking when I leave it on the counter (even though it belongs under the sink!). I did receive this product at a discount for my fair and unbiased review, but I'd have bought one anyway, and this one is still cheaper than the identical version at BedBath&Beyond.

N24 PureBliss Eco Friendly Black Yoga Mat 1/4 Inch Thick Perfect Mat For Any Kind Of Yoga PVC Foam 72 Inch Long 24 Inch Wide
Offered by DeepChill
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars - Thick and sturdy, definitely a “heavy-duty” yoga mat - Does not ..., April 12, 2016
I needed a new yoga mat and this one works. It can be a little bit slippery if you tend to take hot yoga classes and sweat a lot, but if you use a yoga towel, it’s a non-issue. I received this product at a discount for my honest and unbiased review.

Pros:
- Thick and sturdy, definitely a “heavy-duty” yoga mat
- Does not slip around on the floor, it has great traction
- Nice looking
- Perfect size for tall yogis

Cons:
- A little slippery under sweaty palms, but fine with a yoga towel
- Bulky and on the heavier side (I walk to and from yoga, and the weight is noticeable)

Crystalhome Fast Dry Towel Absorbent Ultra, Compact Microfiber Sports Travel Bath Towels Quick Dry, Fast Drying Towel Xl 32x50 Inches & Super Large Lightweight for Camping, Yoga, Beach, Spa with Blue.
Offered by Crystalhome
Price: $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars The extra fabric seems unnecessary., April 12, 2016
More than anything else, I’m impressed with how quickly this towel wicks away moisture. I typically use dark colored towels because I’m self conscious about the level of sweat I can produce! But this towel dries so quickly, I have nothing to worry about. I wish it was a bit narrower and closer in dimension to my yoga mat, but it’s not a big enough issue to keep me from using this towel. I received this product at a discount for my honest and unbiased review.

Pros:
-Lightweight, small form factor. This towel takes up no space at all in your yoga bag.
-Seriously FAST drying. I took a heated yoga class where I was literally dripping sweat. I’d watch the drops hit the towel and vanish within seconds.
-Easy to clean, goes right into the washer and dryer

Cons:
-Wider than the average yoga mat. The extra fabric seems unnecessary.

4 KOR Fitness Set of 6 Resistance Loop Bands (12 x 2-Inch) with Carrying Case and Exercise Booklet
Offered by Prime Product Solutions
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $13.56

4.0 out of 5 stars I think these are GREAT for my home gym, April 12, 2016
I think these are GREAT for my home gym. They don’t take up much space while expanding my options at home. I can’t speak to their longevity or durability just yet (I’ve only been using the bands for a couple weeks now), but so far so good. I haven’t experienced any fading or curling. I received this product at a discount for my honest and unbiased review.

Pros:
-Six levels of difficulty, so it’s easy to adjust to your desired intensity
-Small form factor, plus a carrying case make for a neat and tidy home gym, and/or are easily tossed into a gym bag to take on the go
-Comes with a helpful booklet of suggested exercises

Cons:
-The three “easiest” bands felt pretty similar to me in terms of resistance
-The bands are not very large so some movements are limited

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6