Profile for J.Levins > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 220

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J.Levins RSS Feed (Wake Forest, NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TENVIS IPROBOT3 H.264 720P HD P2P Pan & Tilt Wirelss IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision (Black)
Offered by GigaMart
Price: $89.99
13 used & new from $54.90

3.0 out of 5 stars *** CAUTION - READ MY REVIEW BEFORE BUYING ***, March 14, 2015
Preface - I have not purchased this item but am confident enough in what I'm doing here to do it on behalf of all of us die-hard loyal Amazonians. Firstly, because I'm only 99% certain but not 100, I'm giving this a 3-star so as not to unfairly skew the rating with the '1' that I started to.

Do this, try what I did. First, read a handful of the most helpful reviews which, as of the time of this writing, are all negative 1-2 stars. Pay close attn to those saying "beware" and "don't believe the bogus 5-star reviews." Then, pull up all 5-star reviews, then sort by newest first, and note how many are so very, very short ... fishy. Then, click on a number of the different names where it says "see all my reviews," and note how many of them have rated only this one item ... utterly shocking, holy snap!!!

I've emailed Amazon about this so hopefully they'll be banning this seller and blocking all those user accounts soon, assuming of course they have reasonable proof to do agree with me, which I'm willing to bet they will. And, hopefully, they'll be as concerned about this as I and add some programming that can alert them to such suspicious activity automatically.

Wow, just wow .....

Sharpie Fine Point Permanent Markers, Box of 12 Markers, Black (30001)
Sharpie Fine Point Permanent Markers, Box of 12 Markers, Black (30001)
Price: $6.69
114 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect sharpie!, December 8, 2014
I personally think these are the perfect size, like Goldilocks, not too large (a point), not too small, but just right. They feel great in the hand and write very well, just the perfect size tip. Have had a couple in the house and got tired of chasing them down (after my 13 yo absconded with them, no doubt!), so up and bought these, as in to say, "go ahead, lose another one, I've got more!"

Mr. Coffee MWBLK Mug Warmer
Mr. Coffee MWBLK Mug Warmer
Price: $9.99
17 used & new from $5.49

2.0 out of 5 stars "Warmer" is a relative term ..., December 8, 2014
The attractive looks and price are the only reason I've not sent it back yet but, after 3 days of use, I'm definitely still debating it ... keeps coffee warm at best, and I mean a low warm.

Chicago Cutlery 18-Piece Insignia Steel Knife Set with Block and In-Block Sharpener
Offered by Classy Kitchens
Price: $134.99
32 used & new from $74.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sharp, exceptional especially for price!, December 8, 2014
Just got these so, while I can't speak to how long they stay sharp, or how well the in-block sharpener works (I'll come back later and update), I just had to take a moment to review, because I love these knives.

Pros:
• Sharp - very sharp, cutting meat, fruits, veggies, cheese, and bread with ease. First test was a piece of paper with a few different knives and wow, razor sharp!
• Balanced - didn't know what a truly balanced knife felt like until now, very cool indeed
• Attractive - surprisingly pleased with the all-stainless look. Was really hung up on having black or wooden handles, but these are attractive, sleek looking
• Block - attractive, sturdy, and as far as the in-block sharpener goes, so long as it freshens edges between uses (as a rod would), it's fine in my book, will have professionally sharpened when needed
• Variety - more knives than the avg to low-avg home user would ever need, but more is good, right?

No real cons, just a couple of "meh's" -- yes, they're light, and yeah, I wouldn't mind having a sharpening rod in place of one of the extra knives, but no deal killers there, simply an awesome set, especially for the price! FWIW, we had J.A. Henckels Twin Gourmet set before, and after a couple of professional sharpenings learned to hate them since we just couldn't get them ever sharp again. Looking forward to these, will update later!

Vinara Wine Opener Foil Remover Sharp 4 Wheel Wine Foil Cutter with Magnets, (Black)
Offered by e-Selling
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great but dulls relatively soon, October 29, 2014
Worked perfectly the first number of times but after, oh, a couple of months or so, we've had to increasingly squeeze tighter and turn it more due to dulling blade. Would just like to get a good year out of one of these, and since this is only my second one ever, I don't have a lot of experience in whether or not that's realistic even.

Brother BU-100CL Belt Unit for HL-4040CN, HL-4070CDW Series - Retail Packaging
Brother BU-100CL Belt Unit for HL-4040CN, HL-4070CDW Series - Retail Packaging
Price: $99.99
103 used & new from $61.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine quality, no issues, October 29, 2014
Not much to say about one of these except had no issues when I plugged it in and it's still working just fine.

Sony NPFW50 Rechargeable Battery Pack
Sony NPFW50 Rechargeable Battery Pack
Price: $49.95
21 used & new from $22.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Spend the dough on name brand, it's worth it, October 29, 2014
Works great, holds charges a long time, will never go with off-brand again, just had too many issues, especially with fit and quality.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Love AmazonBasics cables!, October 29, 2014
What can I say, except it looks good, works great, works perfectly, and it's priced right from Amazing-Amazon, love it!

CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
Price: $8.99
43 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, still prefer my traditional edge-finder over this one, October 29, 2014
After years of using my traditional, edge finder stud finder with mediocre results, decided to look for something new, tried this and, meh, I still actually prefer my traditional one better. This thing does do exactly what you'd expect, and very well at that - when it finds a nail, it stops on a dime and holds extremely well. The level tells you when you're pointing in a straight line upward, so in case you don't want to tap into the stud right there, you can at least use a straight edge up from the handy point on this thing then do it there. I guess it's a personal preference thing, and I still wound up going back to my old traditional over this one.

Nonetheless, this thing works just as it should, which is why I went ahead and gave it 4 stars, dinged it only 1 star for my personal preference thing.

Gladiator GarageWorks GAACGE4PPM Geartrack End Caps, 4-Pack
Gladiator GarageWorks GAACGE4PPM Geartrack End Caps, 4-Pack
Price: $5.92
10 used & new from $5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent finishing touch to the awesome Gladiator Geartrack system!, October 29, 2014
Initially didn't buy these but after I got all of my Gladiator shelving and such up, decided to give it a try and very glad I did, turned out to be the perfect finishing touch, wouldn't have it any other way!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20