Profile for Michael D. Teves > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael D. Teves RSS Feed

Star Wars Fighter Pods Rampage Figure (16 Pack)
Star Wars Fighter Pods Rampage Figure (16 Pack)
Offered by Cool Stuff Depot
Price: $25.19
20 used & new from $13.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Savage Opress NOT included, September 7, 2014
Misadvertised! Savage Opress (yellow Darth Maul looking character) is shown, but it was NOT included. This was the only reason we ordered it for our son's 8th birthday. He was very disappointed. Not cool to see your son sad.

Mastodon - Swirl Silhouette Soft T-Shirt - Large
Mastodon - Swirl Silhouette Soft T-Shirt - Large
Offered by Old Glory

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 13, 2014
Large is more like a medium

The Enemy at the Gate
The Enemy at the Gate

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 20, 2014
If you have any interest in the clash of Islam and Christianity in eastern Europe I highly recommend. Wish there was more like it

Into the Land of Bones: Alexander the Great in Afghanistan
Into the Land of Bones: Alexander the Great in Afghanistan
Price: $14.72

2.0 out of 5 stars It's just ok.., July 29, 2013
Interesting when it focused on Alexander's campaigns in Afghanistan, not so much the last half talking about coins and whatnot.

Matchlocks to Flintlocks: Warfare in Europe and Beyond
1500-1700
Matchlocks to Flintlocks: Warfare in Europe and Beyond 1500-1700
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid book on european warfare, June 13, 2013
Great overview of the time period, tactics, strategy and key battles. Excellent intro to the time period. I recommend it.

Khartoum: The Ultimate Imperial Adventure
Khartoum: The Ultimate Imperial Adventure
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and easy read..., October 6, 2012
Great book about a topic not a lot of people know about. Lots of action and back story. I recommend it to anyone interested in Britain's Victorian era wars.

City of Fortune: How Venice Ruled the Seas
City of Fortune: How Venice Ruled the Seas
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $11.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Crowley, May 26, 2012
I'm not big on the merchant related info but there was little of that and more of what I was really interested in...the military conquests, setbacks, etc. Very interesting to read in more detail how they dealt with the Ottomans. I've read most of the books out there about the Byzantine Empire and it's conflicts and this book actually sheds more light on it as well as the Venetian wars with the turk. I highly recommend this as well as Empires of the Sea.

JAN SOBIESKI: The King Who Saved Europe
JAN SOBIESKI: The King Who Saved Europe
Price: $3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent writing on a little known military hero, May 26, 2012
Truly a great book, the writing style pulls you in and the level of detail really helped me envision the charge of the Hussar like no other author has done. Sobieski literally saved europe but no one knows his name. I can't believe I got this great book for $3 on my Kindle!

Potty Power - For Boys & Girls
Potty Power - For Boys & Girls
DVD ~ various
Price: $11.68
23 used & new from $1.68

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% AWESOME!!! Sanity saver!, April 11, 2010
This is thy BEST potty training product out there. It's real kids in the video, instead of animated ones. The songs are really catchy so not only is your child singing it, but you are too. My son (3+ yrs. old) wanted to go potty immediately after watching the video. It took him four days to go #2 (which he had never done before). He had a two accidents, maybe. I would say it took him 2 wks. to really get it. He still likes to show us when he goes potty, it's a family accomplishment. I don't know what the difference is between the 2009 & '04 version, but I bought the '09 and we love love it! Highly recommended.

Empires of the Sea: The Siege of Malta, the Battle of Lepanto, and the Contest for the Center of the World
by Roger Crowley
44 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, September 1, 2008
Very well written and paced. I read this book in 5 days over vacation and could not put it down. I'm reading his other book 1453 next.