Profile for Pamela A. Mcgrath > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pamela A. Mcgrath RSS Feed

Gin Gins® Original Chewy Ginger Candy Box 4.5oz (Pack of 12)
Gin Gins® Original Chewy Ginger Candy Box 4.5oz (Pack of 12)
Offered by Express Health
Price: $54.99
9 used & new from $48.11

3.0 out of 5 stars First off, I adore this candy. But I will tell you why I give this only three stars., January 17, 2014
I work in a supermarket, and a 3 ounce bag only costs $1.99. Doing the quick math, if I got 12 of them at the supermarket, I would only end up paying half price they're offering here, give or take a few dollars. I'd jump on this in a heartbeat....if they lowered the price. It's just not worth paying over 40 dollars for something I can get for half price in the supermarket.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2014 8:39 AM PDT

Slipper & the Rose
Slipper & the Rose
DVD ~ Richard Chamberlain
5 used & new from $10.62

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Region Code, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Slipper & the Rose (DVD)
I was also deceived by the advertising on this product. It's clearly advertised as a Region Free disc, but the one I received was Region 4. Extraordinarily disappointed because a Region 1 disc is shamefully hard to find, and any that I find are over $200. I'm going to have to send this back as well. Please change the Region Code on the specs page; it's false advertising.

Judge Dredd
Judge Dredd
DVD ~ Sylvester Stallone
Price: $4.99
91 used & new from $1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it/Hate it relationship, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Judge Dredd (DVD)
I'm not going to say that I hate this movie, because I don't. It's a fun movie to watch...if you're not familiar with the comic book, and you're not a purist.

Which I am both.

It's not the acting in this film; I loved it all. From Stallone's 'Jut-Out-Chin' portrayal of Dredd (IMHO, ONLY Stallone can say 'I Am The Law', and have you believe it), to Max Von Sydow's weary Chief Justice. It's not the special effects or set design, either; they got those both down pat.

The fault with this film lies squarely with the writers. They screwed up his story something fierce, and the actors made do with what they had, which they did brilliantly. It's like I always say, 'It could have been brilliant on a level unimagined...if the writers had gotten the story right'. They got several key points wrong in this film, but I'll list the top four:

One: Judge Joseph Dredd never, ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER took off his helmet. EVER.
Two: Judge Fargo was long dead by the time Joseph Dredd was born.
Three: It is completely forbidden for Judges to engage in intimate relationships.
Four: Since Rico was a former Judge, he should not have been in Aspen. The jail for crooked judges was called Titan orbiting Jupiter (if I remember that right...I'll edit it if I'm wrong).

I'm not saying 'Don't see this movie', because it really IS a fun ride. It only loses a star because of the accuracy of the story.

SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who have the 'Player Unrecognized by Computer' errors, October 7, 2011
I've had the Sansa Fuze 4g for about two years. It's worked wonderfully for me. For a while in the beginning, I've had the 'Sansa Player Not Recognized By Computer' error. It took me a while, but I finally found the solution.

What one needs to do is to go to the Device Manager on your computer (to do this, you have to go to your Control Panel, then click 'System', then go to 'Device Manager'. Make sure your player is plugged in when you do this, for on the Device Manager list, you should see a 'Portable Devices' tab. Click on said tab. If you see a yellow exclamation point next to the 'unidentified device' or some such thing, right click, then go to 'Properties'. The message I got was 'MTP Device Cannot Start code 10'. this is for Windows Vista...I'm sure it's similar in Windows 7).

There IS a fix for this on the Sansa website. Here's how, as stated on the website, under the heading 'MTP Device Cannot Start Code 10:

1) Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator.
2) If connected, disconnect your player from the PC.
3) Open your Command Prompt. To do so, click 'Start', then click 'Run'. Type CMD, then press 'enter'.)
4) Type the following after the prompt: 'Net Localgroup Administrators local service /add', then press 'enter'.
5) Close the prompt, then reconnect the player.

I hope this helps!! :-D

Crystal Light Sunrise Tangerine Strawberry Drink Mix (10-Quart), 2.8-Ounce Canisters (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars OH HAPPY DAY!!, August 31, 2010
I was able to try this ONCE, when I got it from ShopRite near me. I LOVED it!! But when I went to get more, it was gone!! To my unhappiness, I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!! That was about six months to a year ago. Imagine the happy dance I did when I saw this right here on amazon...THANK YOU, AMAZON!! :-D

NCIS: Season 4
NCIS: Season 4
DVD ~ Mark Harmon
Price: $14.55
9 used & new from $10.41

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE NCIS!!, July 12, 2010
This review is from: NCIS: Season 4 (DVD)
I LOVE NCIS. I started watching reruns on USA, and I've been hooked ever since.

I'd ordered this title about a week or two ago, but there was a problem, and I never recieved it, even though it was listed as 'delivered'. I'd emailed Amazon about the problem, and they were very quick to respond, and to also sent me another, with one day shipping at no additional charge. Amazon was very helpful and willing to resolve the problem.

Rock on, Amazon. Rock on. :-D

Sony MDR-W08L Vertical In-The-Ear Headphones
Sony MDR-W08L Vertical In-The-Ear Headphones
Offered by " Recording Solutions "
Price: $120.00
12 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE these headphones!! Too bad less and less stores are carrying them..., June 18, 2010
I LOVE these headphones. I will go out of my way to look for them in brick and mortar stores. It's upsetting that less and less stores are carrying them, so I have to rely on getting them online. It's a rarity that I find them hanging in the headphone section in the stores. The sound is great, and, if well cared for, they will last a good eight to nine months, which I think is fair for the price. Other headphones, like earbuds and over the ear headphones make my ears bleed, while the behind the head headphones have uncomfortable ear pads, and these are the only ones I can wear comfortably. If they could solve the problem of the sound going out in one ear (which will eventually happen), I'd love Sony forever!!

Dream Chronicles - Nintendo DS
Dream Chronicles - Nintendo DS
Offered by WISHBOX
Price: $17.78
34 used & new from $4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED this game, but best played on a computer, NOT a DS, June 4, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is GREAT!! BUT, this game is best played on the computer, because the screen is much bigger, and you're able to see what you're looking for, sometimes not even then. There are many tiny pieces that you need to find, and a DS screen is FAR too small to really do this game justice. Me, personally, I love these types of games. I do wish the trilogy was all made into ONE game...that woulda been awesome. I'll stick with the computer version of this game.

Mother Goose Rock N Rhyme [VHS]
Mother Goose Rock N Rhyme [VHS]
VHS
8 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, I remember this..., August 16, 2009
I was about eight years old when this came out. And I loved every second of it.

Although dark in tone, what a lot of people don't really understand is that this movie was made in a time when people were less...well, 'anal'...about what they were watching. People then were less easily offended. I, personally, would love to see more movies and television shows like this.

Does anybody know if this is coming out on DVD?? If so, when??