Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for tomcat > Reviews

Browse

tomcat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

tomcat RSS Feed

Thinking, Fast and Slow
Thinking, Fast and Slow
by Daniel Kahneman
Price: $14.12
218 used & new from $3.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinking, Fast and Slow, February 22, 2012
I'm only a third of the way through, but I don't think I've read a book this ponderous. I mean that in a good and bad way. It reads like a social science textbook. I have to re-read passages, and sometimes that produces an Aha! Most of the time, however, I'm left with the feeling I used to have when reading college texts: I hope this isn't on the test. It's not a page-burner, but it occasionally sheds insight on the unconscious (fast-thinking) and conscious (slow-thinking) sides of our brain. I'm hoping the author will tell me eventually what I'm supposed to do with this information.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2013 6:56 AM PDT

True Temper 1975900 Deluxe Rotary Edger with 48-Inch Wood Handle
True Temper 1975900 Deluxe Rotary Edger with 48-Inch Wood Handle
9 used & new from $44.53

1.0 out of 5 stars poor design, April 20, 2011
I just purchased the Ames rotary edger. After shopping around, I found this tool is a lot like others with different names. The previous edger I owned wore out after 25 years of use edging the lawn. The Ames tool doesn't come close to comparing w/ the previous one (I couldn't decipher the name of its manufacturer). This new tool is an appointment-with-your-physical-therapist-waiting-to-happen. I'm sorry I threw the old one away--it worked 10 times better and it was worn out! I'd have been better off buying a new spade, and it would've cost me less.