Profile for L > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 67

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L "Me" RSS Feed (NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Nacho Mom's Vegan Queso Sampler FOUR PACK: Lactose-Free, 0 Weight Watchers Points PER JAR! All-Natural, Fat-Free, The Healthy Yet Rich & Decadent Queso
Offered by The Veg Chefs
Price: $31.98

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVING this delicious plant based cheezy goodness!, June 6, 2015
What a serendipitous stumbling upon when I found this delicious vegan healthy "queso" while perusing amazon. I received three flavors (two jars of original) and have been over the vegan moon about them. Besides using them on nachos I have made chili, baked beans and used it as a crudité dip. It offers great versatility for many dishes beyond the Tex Mex you might think at first. I am almost down to the end of jar three and rationing it lest I run out before I can place another! So happy to be a Nachomom fan!!

Farm Innovators TC-3 Cold Weather Thermo Cube Thermostatically Controlled Outlet - On at 35-Degrees/Off at 45-Degrees
Price: $11.32
61 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great energy saving device!, December 8, 2014
The Thermocubes have really been an energy saver for us. We use them with our chickens' heat lamps. Rather than having them burn 24/7 they go on as needed. I was a little hesitant at first but I freezer tested them and all of them worked perfectly. I did a lot of research about keeping our chickens comfortable in the winter and it seems that the 35 degrees that are needed to activate this particular model are well suited to chicken comfort. We have yet to experience any frostbite or have any ice in their waterers. I do think they will end up paying for themselves between the saved energy costs and the red lamp bulbs which are pricey. All in all a great purchase. :)

Solid Cordz 5 Pack Male to Female 1ft AC Extension Cords - Great for Outlet Management - Lifetime Warranty!
Offered by vipvip
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great idea to make these stubby cords, November 13, 2014
Packed well, individually wrapped, just as I had hoped for. Such a great idea to make these stubby cords!!!

Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: $16.25
84 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A feast for the belly & for the eyes, January 15, 2014
If I had my own cookbook I would wish it to be this exact title. It is stunning from the beautifully styled photographs, layout, font, and yes recipes. The recipes! I have made a generous handful of them so far and have found them to be up to snuff if not a little beyond snuff. I have been a fan of ICM's for years and own several of her other solo and joint publications but this one, Isa Does It, is my favorite so far. Anyone would be lucky to have this in their library, vegan or not. The range of options runs far from Indian and other Asian influenced dishes to those from Italy and the US, for example. The first recipe I made was puréed split pea & rutabaga soup. It was quite a hit. This past night I made the Omaha yakisoba. I loved it and it was fun to make and beautiful. There is notta one recipe that does not intrigue me and I hope I can try them all at least once. And Isa continues to be funny, charming and a skilled chef, vegan butchery anyone? I cannot imagine anyone disappointed with Isa Does It. She sure does. Brava!
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Great Vegan Bean Book: More than 100 Delicious Plant-Based Dishes Packed with the Kindest Protein in Town! - Includes Soy-Free and Gluten-Free Recipes!
by Kathy Hester
Price: $16.13
69 used & new from $9.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Beans Ahoy!, January 8, 2014
I collect dried beans. And I prefer to cook in a plant based animal friendly way so when I saw this title I knew I had to have this cookbook as a part of my ever expanding vegan cookbook collection... It does not disappoint.

So far I have made about 5 of the recipes including Thai Coconut Tongue of Fire Soup and the Chickpea Veggie Tagine. Not only was each one delicious but fun and easy to make. I love that besides a more common option, there are suggestions for utilizing heirloom or "fancy" beans in lieu of say kidney beans or chickpeas, the go tos. Now I know what to do with all those cranberry beans. And there are also soy free, gluten free and oil free options offered when possible. There is definitely something for everyone.

I have not ventured to the baked goods as yet preferring the stews, soups and pasta dishes but if the dishes I have already made are any indication, I will be beaning it up in every which way I can. There are photos for almost every recipe and they are gorgeous. The format is usable as I hate to have to turn pages when I am cooking. The glossy bright white paper stock is of excellent quality and the font is readable and Kathy Hester's writing style is friendly and engaging.

The Great Vegan Bean Book is clearly well thought out and useful. I recommend it to anyone who is looking to do something fun and delish with the great varieties of beans one can so easily procure these days. Enjoy.

Vital Pet Lipids for Cats & Dogs 8 oz.
Vital Pet Lipids for Cats & Dogs 8 oz.
Offered by Vitality Science Store
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Holistic remedies for your pets., October 2, 2013
Usually I order directly from Vitality Science but this time I ordered via amazon so I could write them a review. I have been very pleased with my purchases over the past 6 months or so and highly recommend them.

I was made aware of this company by my holistic vet who suggested I get their cancer care holistic protocol for my cat who had been diagnosed with a type of sarcoma. He said it would go well with his more traditional pharmaceutical protocol. Sadly my kitty was too far along and the cancer was very aggressive and there was just nothing that could be done. But I had the remainder of his Vitality Science Advanced Immune products (the above as well as their Celloquent, a "unique formulation of enzymes, probiotics, green algae, and essential nutrients " and the Herbal Anti-Inflammatory which contains Venus Fly Trap.) My cats love the Lipids so much I have used up the small bottle which came with the set of three and placed this order for two large bottles. I incorporate all three with their food to keep them optimal and hopefully healthy for a long time to come. And the krill makes the oil a very pretty color but it stains so be careful. ;)))

As for customer service they are very accessible, friendly and helpful. My items were here within days packaged safely. When I run out of the others I am sure I will be back for more. They have remedies and support for all types of issues not all as serious as what O had. The things we do for our beloved pets... :)))

PS I just saw that another reviewer was critical of the glass bottle as the oil made it slippery. Easy fix? Put a rubber band around it a few times and keep it on a paper towel on a plate in the fridge.

Vetri-Science Perio-Support, 4.2 Ounce.
Vetri-Science Perio-Support, 4.2 Ounce.
Price: $15.73
16 used & new from $13.17

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, September 25, 2013
I was pretty skeptical when my vet, who I trust, recommended this for my dogs. I mean their teeth were green, the few they have left! And because of other health issues they cannot be put under for dentistry so please do not think me a bad dog mommy.

I just sprinkle a small amount on to their food, and they are very picky eaters too, and that's it! In fact I probably use more than I should, they are both under 10 lbs, as they like it so much. I just wish I had known of this product sooner. We had exhausted all other options such as chews and toys. I look forward to seeing even more improvement with their teeth, yes those few left, making their doggie kisses that much more tolerable.

Giottos AA1910 Medium Rocket Air Blaster (6.6)
Giottos AA1910 Medium Rocket Air Blaster (6.6)
Price: $8.85
15 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Dust Off!, August 17, 2013
I have to admit I was intrigued by this air duster's appearance. How cool and groovy! But I need it to work as I do not want to take a chance of scratching my lenses or interior camera housing with dust pens, etc without removing as much particle matter as possible first. It has lived up to its expectations. It does not smell bad as some others have mentioned and I have the nose of a bloodhound! It is much better than one of those cans of cold air as the temperature is whatever the air is so no freezing or condensation. I am very pleased with its appearance and its performance and with the seller too. It was shipped promptly with no hassles. Would buy from again.

Moon Living Abroad in France
Moon Living Abroad in France
by Aurelia D'Andrea
Price: $14.77
61 used & new from $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, August 17, 2013
I often sit in my armchair dreaming about how it would be to just up and go move to France. Now I know thanks to this definitive guide to making dreams a reality. It covers everything from the bureaucratic red tape, a necessary evil, to things to expect in everyday life, food, housing, la belle vie. With its friendly tone and easy but concise manner I can only imagine that many people who have made this move have been helped immensely by having such a guide. Maybe one day I will get up and go, but for now this will do quite well.

MIELE  4854913 HEPA Filter
MIELE 4854913 HEPA Filter
Offered by Mr. Sweeper
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $49.95

4.0 out of 5 stars The best filter for your Miele, May 4, 2013
This review is from: MIELE 4854913 HEPA Filter (Home)
I have been remiss in replacing the HEPA filters on both of my Miele vacuums. Assuming remiss does not have an expiry date! So I bit the bullet and ordered them. Yes they are ridiculously expensive hence the not five star rating. One could use the disposable filters that are included with each new box of vacuum bags but the $50 filters are the real deal and are a necessary evil even once in a great while to keep the machines running at their optimum level. They are after all works of German engineering! ;) My filters arrived quickly and were packed with care and when I need to order them again, in say another few, er, several years I would gladly buy them from this seller again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7