Profile for Steve > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steve RSS Feed

Kingdoms of Camelot - Ultimate Strategy Guide
Kingdoms of Camelot - Ultimate Strategy Guide
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Steer Clear., September 10, 2014
Thought there would be more content here. You can find more information on sites like GameFAQs and reading Kabam's Forums.

Sony HT-SS370 Surround Sound Home Theater System, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $174.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great First Time HTS, January 5, 2011
I bought this for a small 1BR apartment and it is everything I could ask for and more.
I spent a long time comparing Home Theatre Systems and chose this one because it had the most features at a reasonable price point.
I have a Sony Bravia 32" that connects to the stereo system and that makes it very easy to control volume and power on/off the system and tv together using the original TV/Cable remotes.
The three HDMI ports are great for CABLE, PS3, and an extra port to connect my laptop, and when the system is off the pass-through option allows you to continue using your TV as if the system wasnt connected.
The speakers and sub woofer sound great and I love the auto-calibration mic, it makes everything very simple. There is more than enough wire for front and rear speakers, the center speaker cord is a little small, and the gauge is just the right size to be hidden from sight under carpets and around walls.

The HTS-S370 was a great buy and makes playing video games and watching TV and Movies more enjoyable.

Pros: Great sound, Lots of wires, easy setup
Cons: None!
Notes: I am not too sure why, but I use LCPM on PS3 and still my video games play in 720p not 1080p
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2011 3:43 PM PST

Core Python Programming (2nd Edition)
Core Python Programming (2nd Edition)
by Wesley Chun
Price: $38.47
60 used & new from $17.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive book for learning Python, January 5, 2011
Got this book as a requirement for an introduction to python programming course and I absolutely love it.
I always used it over O'Reily's Python in a Nutshell for more detailed information on areas of interest.
It's a big book but covers just about anything you want to know about python programming, buy this book!

James Bond 007: GoldenEye 007 Classic Edition Hardware Bundle with Gold Wii Classic Controller Pro
Offered by world_of_games_online
Price: $67.99
32 used & new from $28.99

3.0 out of 5 stars "Controller"?, January 5, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I'm a huge fan of the original Goldeneye for N64 and I bought this game clinging on to the hope that it would be just like the N64 game I knew and loved when I was younger.
This game is NOT the same, Pierce has been replaced for a newer bond and many of the levels have been changed from the original.
As well, the special 'controller' it comes with is not a separate controller, but a controller you plug in to your wiimote and use, which was disappointing because I was hoping it would allow me to have three players on screen at a time (with only 2 wiimotes)

I have yet to get very far in the game, but overall the experience has been enjoyable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2011 2:17 AM PST

Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device, Blue
Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device, Blue
Offered by DEALSOUTLET
Price: $94.95
2 used & new from $94.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, be wary of the number of treatments, January 5, 2011
So I originally got this product for my girlfriend and I. Upon purchasing and reading others reviews it seems like a very good deal, however when we got the device and read through the instructions, we were informed that the device only contains 60 treatments.
There is no way of knowing how many of these treatments you have gone through but apparently when you're done, it doesn't turn on anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the product, but I'm still a little confused why something using only heat would need to be replaced after a number of treatments, it seems more like they just want to keep making money.

Great product, but if you do end up using it, this will not be the only one you buy.