Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Christopher Allen > Reviews

Browse

Christopher Allen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher Allen RSS Feed (Nashville, TN USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Orphan Black - Helena
Orphan Black - Helena
Price: $7.22
48 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the look of this figurine but it didn't come ..., October 26, 2015
This review is from: Orphan Black - Helena (Toy)
I love the look of this figurine but it didn't come with a stand like all of the others in Funko's Orphan Black series so this one topples over a lot.

The Girl on the Train: A Novel
The Girl on the Train: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad I gave this a try because its one of ..., January 29, 2015
I'm so glad I gave this a try because its one of the best stories I have read in a long time. I read a review that said this is like a grittier version of Gone Girl and I can see the comparison but I think this book is much better. I didn't really like Gone Girl but The Girl on the Train was great. All of the characters are flawed but they feel like people I could know. The characters of Gone Girl just seemed a bit unrealistic to me. I would go into more but I don't want to give too much away. It's a great mystery that I really enjoyed. I didn't want to put it down.

A Tale for the Time Being: A Novel
A Tale for the Time Being: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read - Had to know what happened to Nao, February 4, 2014
Ruth, a woman of Japanese descent finds a freezer bag washed up on the beach of a small Canadian island. It contains a dairy, a watch and some letters written in French. The diary was written by a 16 year old girl named Nao who grew up in California but was moved back to Japan after her Father lost his job when the dot com bubble burst.

The book goes back and forth between the entries Nao made in the diary to Ruth's life and her search to find out what happened to Nao and her family.

I loved this book but the story kind of fell apart at the end. That's why I can't give it 5 stars.

The Goldfinch: A Novel (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction)
The Goldfinch: A Novel (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Needed to make it's point sooner., January 10, 2014
I have a love/hate relationship with this book. I enjoyed the story and the writing was beautiful but I feel like it took too long to make it's point and I became bored with the story several times. This was a very slow read for me (it took me almost a month to get through this book). I think it's because this was more of something I had to make myself read instead of wanting to read. I actually fell asleep a few times while trying to read this and I wasn't even tired when I first sat down for my reading session.

Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earphones with Single Dynamic MicroDriver
Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earphones with Single Dynamic MicroDriver
Price: $99.00
52 used & new from $69.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not comfortable enough to wear all day, November 12, 2013
I have used Shure earbuds for a few years now and have loved each of the two pairs I have owned in the past. I received the SE 215-K model of earbuds on Saturday and have used them a few times now. The sound that these produce is as superb as my previous ones but I don't like how these fit. The hard plastic part that fits into the outer ear is not comfortable and the thick wire that wraps around my ears is too thick. These are just very uncomfortable. I can only stand to have them in my ears for about fifteen minutes at a time. This is bad considering that I wore my other ones all day with no discomfort at all. I wish I would have just bought a new pair of the older model.

Shocking Miss Emerald
Shocking Miss Emerald
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $24.66
41 used & new from $8.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Emerald did not shock me but I still love this album, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Shocking Miss Emerald (Audio CD)
I bought this album because "Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor" has been one of my favorite albums since I first heard of Caro Emerald a couple of years ago. I couldn't wait to hear everything on this new album because the previous one was so good. With the first listen, I was a little disappointed but I did not give up. I liked every song but it wasn't everything I had hoped it would be. After giving it a few more listens, it has grown on me and I now love every song on this album too. This is a great album and I know I'll be listening to it on repeat for a some time to come.

Magic Hour [Deluxe Edition][Explicit]
Magic Hour [Deluxe Edition][Explicit]
19 used & new from $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite album right now, June 10, 2012
I absolutely love this album! I do have to admit that the after I listened to it the first time, a friend asked what I thought of it and I said it was okay and I didn't think it was their best. However, I was exercising at the time I was listening to it and I don't think this is an exercise type of album.

I gave it another listen after that initial one and I really love every song. I keep listening to the entire album over and over. I have the deluxe edition and I'm not blown away by either of the remixes but the bonus track "F*** Yeah" is fun. I'm not going to give a break out of each song and why I like it. They are all great if you just give them some time and let them sink in. However, a few of my favorites are "San Luis Obispo," "Shady Love," "Only the Horses," "Inevitable" and "Let's Have A Kiki" (such a fun song!).

I can't believe how many bad reviews this album has received. I think those people should give it another listen or two. If you are a Scissor Sisters fan, give this a try. It is different than Night Work but it's cool. Night Work and this album are both wonderful in their own ways.

I Am the Messenger
I Am the Messenger
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I Am the Reader, May 3, 2012
First off, I have to give props to Markus Zusak. I have read The Book Thief and just finished I Am the Messenger and I love his writing style.

As for this book, I fell into it. It grabbed hold of me and I loved every minute of it until the very end. The ending was a little too cliche and easy for me. After all that Ed went through, I felt he deserved a better ending, something more deep and meaningful.

This story is about a 19 year old Australian taxi driver named Ed Kennedy who stops a bank robber. His life is very average and kind of boring up until this point. He lives in what he describes as a shack with a 17 year old dog named the Doorman (love that name!) and the highlight of his life is playing cards with his three friends; Audrey, Marv and Ritchie. Not long after stopping the robber, Ed receives a playing card (an Ace) in the mail with three addresses and times written on it. Of course Ed visits the addresses at the specified times and learns that there is something important he needs to do at each address.

The story follows Ed on his journey through completing the tasks at each address. He then gets 3 other Aces with odd clues on each. At the end, he receives one other card but I'll let you read the book to find out which it is. Ed's life takes on much more meaning and the story really evolves his character so far that I really felt like I knew him. This story moved me to tears a few times and made my heart full at others. Like I said before, I love Markus Zusak's writing. His words get inside of me and play with my emotions.

I really did like this book and thought I would love it but the ending did make me drop one star from my rating. I understand why it was written the way it was but I wish it would have been a little more unpredictable. Overall though, this is a wonderful, moving story that I would suggest to anyone.

Born Is the King
Born Is the King
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully original Christmas song, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Born Is the King (MP3 Music)
This is a great song with an R&B feel to it. Keesha's voice is great too. I love Christmas songs that aren't so traditional but aren't too far from traditional that they don't sound like Christmas. This is perfect and I absolutely love it!

Skechers USA Men's Striking Casual Oxford,Off White,9 M US
Skechers USA Men's Striking Casual Oxford,Off White,9 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, May 28, 2011
I bought these in Off-White and I love them. They are extremely comfortable. This is one of those designs from Skechers where the shoes don't look all new and shiny even though they are and I love that design. I don't like glaringly white shoes so these are perfect. I have received several compliments on them and everyone asks where I got them so I've been giving referals to Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4