Profile for Adam > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam RSS Feed (Westchester County, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Sabrett Onions in Sauce 16 oz.
Sabrett Onions in Sauce 16 oz.
Offered by Maya's Space
Price: $20.98
3 used & new from $12.30

1.0 out of 5 stars And it tasted worse than the recipe I make, July 12, 2014
This is way too expensive. I thought I'd try it because I was lazy and didn't want to make my own. The 7.50/item designations confused me and I thought I'd get two for $15, which isn't awful but I only got one jar. And it tasted worse than the recipe I make. Probably worth it if you can get it in a grocery store, but otherwise, stay away! and make your own.

Drobo 5N 5-Bay NAS Storage Array, Gigabit Ethernet (DRDS4A21)
Drobo 5N 5-Bay NAS Storage Array, Gigabit Ethernet (DRDS4A21)
Price: Click here to see our price
42 used & new from $419.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I've gone through three, all have failed., April 29, 2014
The whole point of this device is to keep your data safe. It's ironic then when the device itself fails (not the hard drives in them). I love the idea of mixing and matching hard drives to create a massive drive to store stuff on. It seems reassuring that when a disk fails, your data is protected. However, if the device fails you're up a creek without a paddle. Drobo only has a 1 year warranty, and will not repair the unit, only ask you to buy another when that warranty expires. I suppose you could buy the extended warranty but all three on my units failed after three years (they just rebooted constantly with or without their drives).

I wanted to love this. I bought an 2nd gen and it failed, and then the current 5N twice. All have let me down. Seek another storage system and backup system.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2014 9:03 AM PDT

SHARKK® Computer Mouse High Precision Optical Wired Mouse For Laptops PC And Mac Computers / With Scrolling Wheel / Back and Forward Side Buttons / 3 Adjustable DPI Levels Up To 1600 DPI (Wired, Black/Blue)
Offered by SHARKK
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great travel mouse for to replace my G500, January 25, 2014
I needed a mouse that would essentially duplicate my Logitech G500 without the cost. This mouse fits the bill. It's comfortable, has the same buttons and also has a DPI adjustment. If only the flywheel were completely freespinning with the push of a button but that is a minor quibble.

Milk & Cookies: 89 Heirloom Recipes from New York's Milk & Cookies Bakery
Milk & Cookies: 89 Heirloom Recipes from New York's Milk & Cookies Bakery
by Tina Casaceli
Price: $16.63
67 used & new from $1.85

2.0 out of 5 stars I love their cookies; I hate these recipes!, January 5, 2013
I was so excited about buying this book after I visited the bakery and bought some of their delicious cookies. When I tried the recipes at home they were far from perfect despite using a very accurate scale and following directions to a the last period. Each recipe requires lots of trial and error. That's not to say that the results are bad but they're not what you taste when go into the store and it certainly isn't a no fuss way to indulge in these tastes again.

Nikon WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
Nikon WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
Price: $42.95
32 used & new from $20.67

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost Completely Useless, November 15, 2012
I excitedly bought this and waited for months for it to arrive in stock. When it arrived, I expected plug and play success since my experiences with iPhone apps and physical dongles have been good. The software didn't even work with the adapter. It continually disconnected. Even the most recent update to the software, while finally allowing the D600 to connect to the camera feels kludgy and unfinished. The software has minimal features, is rather unintuitive and hard to use, and as a result this piece of hardware, while it has significant potential, is a wasted effort. Don't be like me and waste your precious time, let alone your money, on this. It's rather shameful that Nikon wold release this product as it seems like a alpha version at best.

Bodum Pavina 8.5-Ounce Double-Wall Thermo Tumber/DOF Glass, Set of 2
Bodum Pavina 8.5-Ounce Double-Wall Thermo Tumber/DOF Glass, Set of 2
Offered by Power Savings
Price: $19.20
20 used & new from $16.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after a week, June 12, 2010
After having a great experience with the Bodum Pavina espresso cups, I bought the 8.5 Ounce glass. I was enjoying it for a week enjoying ice cold glasses of milk and cookies, italian sodas and the like all the whiel touching a room temperature glass. It was sitting in my sink and I picked it up to wash it and the thin glass on the inside of the glass broke inward slicing my finger something terrible. All of this from a glass that claims to be just as strong as regular glass even though it's signficantly thinner. While I was a believer, my painful finger has made me a skeptic. I also think it's costly for a product that doesn't last and may in fact be dangerous.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2010 12:18 PM PDT

Apple MA178G/A AASP Modem Upgrade Kit for Power Mac G5 and Mac Mini
Apple MA178G/A AASP Modem Upgrade Kit for Power Mac G5 and Mac Mini

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy upgrade for PowerMac G5 Machine, November 25, 2007
When I bought my Powermac G5 in mid 2005, Apple decided, likely to reduce costs, to no longer offer a built in modem, which up until then had been standard. While in todays broadband everywhere culture a modem may seem antiquated, it is very useful, especially to send faxes right from your computer without an expensive electronic fax service. While you could buy the more expensive Apple USB modem, this upgrade kit enables you to easily use your G5's existing modem port and saves you from having an ugly white dongle hanging over the machine's beautiful design. It is an easy upgrade--you simply snap the modem in the predefined spot inside the machine, connect a wire to the modem and fasten it down with two screws. There's a gray cover over the modem port in the back of the machine which you can carefully pry off and you're good to go. Typically Apple, there's no software to set up and it just works. Well worth it and easy.

Philips 17PF9936 17-Inch LCD Flat Panel HDTV-Ready TV
Philips 17PF9936 17-Inch LCD Flat Panel HDTV-Ready TV

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Design for a good TV, December 25, 2006
Like another reviewer mentioned, this TV is marred by some design flaws. You should be able to start this TV in HD mode, but you can't. This is extremely frustrating if you're using this as an HD monitor. It always starts up in analog mode. You have to push the HD button on the original remote first. Only then can you use it as an HDTV. Frustrating! If you're using another remote to control the TV because it always means keeping the original remote around unless you have a learning remote. Also, the construction of the unit is rather poor. The power button on my unit sank into the button recess, making an expensive repair necessary. The panel covers on the rear of the unit are also extremely flimsy since the rentention tabs that hold them in place break way too easily.

Apple iMac MA456LL/A 24-inch Desktop PC (2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive)
3 used & new from $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all around machine, November 10, 2006
This iMac is absolutely beautiful. The large screen is bright and easy to read. The Core 2 Duo processor makes it faster than any computer I've used and I'm able to run Mac OS X AND Windows on it. There are many little details I've come to appreciate about it. The light that shines through the bezel when it sleeps and gently pulsates, the cool place you store the remote among others. Everything is built into it. This machine has made a beautiful addition to my home and it is as nice to look at as it is to use. Highly recommended.

Logitech G5 Laser Mouse (931376-0403)
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse (931376-0403)
6 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, great precision, nice build quality, November 5, 2006
This mouse feels right in your hands. The materials it's made of are durable, and help to alleviate natural problems like sweaty hands. The rubber grips are nice. The mouse is extremely precise when the dpi is turned up. My only gripe is that there the Logitech control panel doesn't work with OS X, and third party utilities are required to make the most of this mouse.

Page: 1 | 2