Profile for Skye > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Skye "books and music feed my soul" RSS Feed

The Chorus (Les Choristes)
The Chorus (Les Choristes)
DVD ~ Gérard Jugnot
Offered by BT Enterprises Inc.
Price: $34.99
35 used & new from $2.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely exquisite, May 29, 2005
This review is from: The Chorus (Les Choristes) (DVD)
This is a very special film that gives us all hope. It's one of those films that touches your heart and soul and changes you forever. I saw it about 3 months ago and I still remember it vividly. It makes me wish I had encountered such a teacher when I was a kid. I recommend buying the soundtrack as well, the music and the childrens' interpretations are sublime.

25th Hour
25th Hour
DVD ~ Edward Norton
Price: $6.88
175 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film with excellent performances, May 21, 2005
This review is from: 25th Hour (DVD)
I have to admit to never having seen any Spike Lee film before but if this film is anything to go by I will be certainly catching up. The film is set in a very short space of time and it wraps you up in the plot and makes you feel sorry for someone who ultimately dealt drugs. The cast is amazing and very realistic I thought. I usually get a bit impatient with long films but I didn't even notice it, until later, that the film was over 2 hours.

Listen Without Prejudice
Listen Without Prejudice
Price: $9.94
420 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Art, May 20, 2005
When you mention George Michael most people remember Wham! or do not consider him seriously as an artist. I recommend to all these people to put any prejudice aside and listen to this album. You may not like his style but he has one of the best voices around. I still think this is his best album to date with "Praying for time" being the best track.

Music in Mouth
Music in Mouth
Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $19.52
21 used & new from $0.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Promising music, May 20, 2005
This review is from: Music in Mouth (Audio CD)
I was listening to a sountrack of a TV show when the song "Eve, The Apple of my Eye" came on and I feel in love with it immediately. I was so impressed I looked for their album and it's definately worth it - another good band from Ireland. The music ranges from ballads to rock, the best tracks being "Eve, the apple of my eye", "Tongue" and "Alphabet Soup".

24: Seasons 1-3
24: Seasons 1-3
DVD ~ Kiefer Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Something definately worth watching on TV, May 17, 2005
This review is from: 24: Seasons 1-3 (DVD)
Finally something to redeem the poor quality of TV these days. The series has had me hooked since the first episode I ever saw. I am not one for liking action/adventure/thriller type things as you always know the good guys win. With "24" it's different, every few minutes there is a twist in the story and you sit in your seat absolutely intrigued and anxious to know what will happen next. I highly recommend this series to everyone, you will be most pleasantly surprised.

Counting Down the Days
Counting Down the Days
Offered by MediaWarehouseUSA
Price: $6.99
77 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars She keeps getting better, May 7, 2005
This review is from: Counting Down the Days (Audio CD)
I must say I was not that impressed with her debut album - it was played everywhere and I thought it was overrated. Her second album, "White Lilies Island" was a definite improvement. Her music became more original and more deep, less poppy too. This last release has a few poppy tunes (hence why only 4 stars) but the rest of the tracks are darker and her voice shines through. Best tracks are "Counting down the days" and "On the run".

The Beekeeper
The Beekeeper
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $10.29
106 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Tori strikes again, May 7, 2005
This review is from: The Beekeeper (Audio CD)
I decided to buy this album without having listened to one single track. I am a big fan of her music generally although there are exceptions (Boys for Pele). My favourite album was still her "Little Earthquakes" with "from the choirgirl hotel" close second but this new one scores right up there too. The best tracks are the duet with Damien Rice "The power of orange knickers" and "Sleeps with butterflies".

The Agony and the Ecstasy: A Biographical Novel of Michelangelo
The Agony and the Ecstasy: A Biographical Novel of Michelangelo
by Irving Stone
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.89
200 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome surprise, May 7, 2005
I've always wanted to know more about the great Michelangelo but thought it too boring to read a biography. I found this biographic novel by chance and read this entire book without a moment of boredom. You feel as if you were there with him and he becomes a friend of yours. I certainly appreciate his work a lot more since reading about his life.

A Calendar of Wisdom: Daily Thoughts to Nourish the Soul, Written and Selected from the World's Sacred Texts
by Leo Tolstoy
Price: $16.01
63 used & new from $11.22

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, May 7, 2005
This book is amazing. The more you read it the more insights you get into how we should live our lives. I keep it often with me since I bought it and I find it useful in overcoming everyday difficulties. It makes me strive to be a better person, thank you Tolstoy.