Profile for Joel Adrian > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joel Adrian "Ubervamp" RSS Feed (Dominican Republic)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Personal Cindy..., July 17, 2006
Unlike the first three movies this one is not laughable. I could describe this movie as a follow-up of the third film with some references of the last film and cameos of the people that were in the last movie.

The movie is making fun of "The Grudge" and "War of the Worlds". Unlike the third movie you will NOT laugh in this movie you will rarely find something to laugh at because all of the "jokes" they throw in feels rushed by the directors and the producers. Also some of them are cheesy or copycat of the first films. I didn't find it funny at all. Some of them are exaggerated as well just to make you "laugh" but I can say that I liked Anna Farris's performance is as good as the first three films and the come back of Brenda is funny. But the movie is not laughable you will see this movie as a cheap comedy you better rent the first three films because this one is not even close.

Make yourself a favour and don't even rent it ok?

Jason X
Jason X
DVD ~ Kane Hodder
Offered by PRIME MERCHANTS
Price: $4.85
214 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars What were they thinking?!, July 15, 2006
This review is from: Jason X (DVD)
And I thought Jason Takes Manhattan was bad! When I saw the title "Jason X" I knew something weird like this would come. Guys we know we are in the 2000s now but there is no need to make a "future" like film and not even with Jason god.

I never liked Sci-Fi stuffs. And what do you say when they try to change Jason like if he was some sort of robot or something?! we dont need an "Uber" Jason to make him scary. We need him in the woods, no COMPUTERIZED dead bodies, not a bunch of people being picked up one by one in a spaceship. This isnt an ALIEN movie! we are talking about Jason Voorhees. Btw im a fan of the movies and I think I would prefer Jason Goes to hell and part 8 instead of this!

Dont even bother watching this film.

Lord of the Rings The Two Towers - PlayStation 2
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers - PlayStation 2
354 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Covering with dust right now :), June 14, 2006
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not a fan of the Lord of The Rings movies, and I still don't know why, I accidentally have this game cause the graphics and the fighting system was looking cool. But all of it fails into a disappointment.

When you put the CD you are encouraged to watch a video clip from the movie, you CANT SKIP the cut-scenes in this games and they have a long length. You see more of the REAL MOVIE CLIPS and less of 3D Cut scenes, which means that was a lacked effort of the producers of the game.

First there was this tutorial in this game that didn't help a lot. When you fight WITH ANY CHARACTERS you get knocked down VERY easily and is just a matter of second until your character is dead then again you have to watch the cut scenes without being able to skip it and start the entire level again.

Other than that all the characters are different, but the game play issues are still there... there is also a combo system where you can "purchase" different attacks depending on the experiences you got in the stage/level. The game is cheap and very linear; no turning back, just go straight forward and sometimes the static cameras won't help because the game usually overwhelms you with enemies (Orcs and orcs and..... zzzzz). The game is still good looking sometimes and is not special compared to other games that i have played.

Buy or rent? Rent it. Don't think that because you are a fan of the movies you will like this game.

Seed Of Chucky (Full Frame Edition)
Seed Of Chucky (Full Frame Edition)
DVD ~ Jennifer Tilly
Price: $9.86
95 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting a good movie, June 3, 2006
This movie blows. if you are expecting chucky in all his glory forget it! Child's Play's franchise is gone! Forever! This movie is even worse than the last installsment! COME ON! Whats wrong with people? They made this cheap "sequel" because they wanted to make money. its so offensive!

There isnt even a plot. Chucky and his silly bride are in hollywood somehow. The "humor" fact is st*pid. If you find the scene funny where Chucky is masturbat*ng, im sorry but you are sick. thats not even laughable. there is no gore in this movie. Now then there comes the boy. remember chucky's kid that was born at the end of Bride of Chucky? he is here in this movie. but guess what? no sharp teeth, is not even scary! and to top it all the boy doesnt know if he is a female or a male. bad scripted, bad acting! waste of money.

I dont think ill be seeing chucky for awhile. is not an horror movie anymore, is just the cheapest "comedy" out there. avoid this at all cost! dont waste your money.

PlayStation 2 Console (Slim Line Version 1)
PlayStation 2 Console (Slim Line Version 1)
28 used & new from $47.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the Best Console Out there..., June 3, 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I traded my Xbox for a PS2 because the PS2 has far more and better games like the: Final Fantasy Series, the Resident Evil series and a great list of RPG... I think the PS2 wins because of the game list but nothing else.

This version of the PS2 is smaller than the original, making it easy to carry and easier to break (its true) its more fragile and it can break if you are reckless with it. I play Resident Evil 4 (was the reason i changed my xbox for a ps2) every day when i have my free time and i have experienced that the PS2 system overheats quickly after 1 hour of playing and I was like "It cant be..." I touched my PS2 and it was very hot that I Just needed to take a break from Resident Evil 4 or even put my own Fan to cool it down!

However... the Playstation 2 can play DVDs which makes it the only system of this generation that can play DVD without a kit (ahem, xbox). When I first put my CD into the PS2 system I noticed that there wasnt a big improvement since PSX, the magic lens are there and you can clearly see it. which means that if it gets dust or if you accidentally touch it your PS2 is GONE.

I still dont know why the PS2 is best selling compared to Xbox or Gamecube.. maybe because of what i said about the game list? yes THAT IS! The controller are the same as expected so dont expect any changes here, sorry.

Dont worry these are just minimal mistakes. PS2 is possibly the best console of this generation (gulp), is enjoyable due to the fact that you get to choose from a wide collection of games. You must buy it you wont be dissapointed.

Xbox Core Console USM
Xbox Core Console USM
7 used & new from $54.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Great System!, May 12, 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox Core Console USM (Video Game)
I found myself attracted to the Xbox because of an Exclusive Xbox Game (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) So that's why I spent 150 dollars on it. And Yeah It was worth the wait and the money.

When I first got the Xbox I was so grateful and happy. I didn't believe I got one (And apparently the Xbox is still expensive in this country, no one has it). I went running into my room and I connected the Xbox and all... Ok. I have to say that the Xbox?s main menu is detailed and with a lot of options (Including Xbox Live) setting the day, month year and parental setting. I felt like a champion when I got it!

As I mentioned above I bought the Xbox because of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But the first game I played on it was Spiderman and when I put the game on the Xbox it loaded fast, and I was playing and I had fun.

The Controller I got is small and comfortable for everything. I spent like 3 hours playing Spiderman and I wasn't tired because my hands wouldn't hurt me after the extended use of it.

I have four complaints about this system and that's why I gave it a 4 star rating:

1. If you unplug the cable from the wall. You need to set the setting again and again and its annoying since the electricity in my country is unstable and I didn't want my Xbox to explode (lol).

2. The Xbox game list is not a big deal meaning that you wont find titles like Final Fantasy or Resident Evil here... The RPG games are no big deal (Don't even mention Morrowind or KOTOR, they just sucks). All you are going to find in this system is a few good action games such as Ninja Gaiden or some short RPG (Fable!), nothing special, nothing outstanding...

3. Too many sports game. Im not a fan of those games. They are boring... make more RPGs and action games!

4. The Xbox can play DVD but you need a special Kit (doesn't come with the package) and that's why PS2 stands in the first place. Oh and its very big to carry... some people says that it's a PC cut in half lol.

These are my main complaints about this system, but everything is so enjoyable about it. The Microsoft Logo, the Menu, the fact that you can save your music and MP3 into the hard drive, replays and absolutely NO USELESS MEMORY CARDS.

Bride of Chucky
Bride of Chucky
DVD ~ Jennifer Tilly
Offered by Paint it Orange
Price: $6.82
87 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not a HORROR MOVIE!, May 12, 2006
This review is from: Bride of Chucky (DVD)
First of all let me say that after watching Child?s Play 2 and 1 I got to say that Chuckie was one of the dolls that used to freak me out back when I was a kid. When I heard a new movie was coming to a release I thought I had to see it.

Let me tell you that this isn't an horror movie. Sure it has blood but is nothing special or better than the first movie. Why? Because Chuckie itself is dishonoured this is more like a typical summer flick, it sucks, chuckie in this movie is not even scary anymore. (OMG HE HAS A BRIDE!) Big deal? NO! some of the dialogue in this movie made me laugh and same thing happened with the kills, it just didn't feel like an horror movie.

The final sequence of the movie was very well made so that's why my two star rating. If you are a fan of Child's Play give it a rental, but remember that this is not an HORROR MOVIE. Is laughable. Just what the directors had in mind? (Money).

Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman
Offered by Another Castle Video Games
Price: $29.99
28 used & new from $9.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Whats Wrong with Capcom?, May 12, 2006
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Fifth instalment of the long and entertainment Megaman Battle Network series. Is the game good or bad and frustrating? Lets see...

Graphics: Don't expect any changes here. The only changes Capcom made was a different design of the net (a maze in short words) and like 6 different places to go in the Real World, they are not special or beautiful to look at. The sprites are the same like in Megaman Battle Network 4, they are smaller and look better.

Gameplay: Here is the new thing about this game. You don't play only as Megaman, you get to play with differents Navis but only on liberation missions so is the same thing. You get to play with: Gyroman (an annoying helicopter navi), Searchman (Meh...), Magnemant (from Battle Network 2), Medi (An useless navi...), Protoman (yay...) and Napalman (A secret navi from Battle Network 2). As I stated above you only use them in the liberated missions. Meaning that their use is limited to the player. Im glad Capcom implemented that cause its always fun to upgrade Megaman and battle with him. New in this game is the so called "Liberation/Liberate Missions" where you get to battle a "Darkloid" from the evil syndicate Nebula, in these missions you will play as different navis, every one of them has their unique ability and that adds variety to the gameplay. When you start a liberate mission the game changes from a normal RPG wandering game to a (lets call it) FF Tactics. In those missions you will have to liberate or clear any poisoned panel in your way to get to the darkloid. HOWEVER, when you start fight you will have to kill a virus between 3 turns! That means if you fail killing it. You wont clear the panel and loose a turn. (CHEAP, Capcom, CHEAP).

There are also DARKHOLES that you need to clear because these holes protects the darkloid and you cannot get by and fight the darkloid if you don't destroy these holes. Each hole has a Mini-Boss, when the Darkloid?s turn arrives, he will either attack you or will have these Mini-Boss to attack you if you are near them.

As you progress you will be required to find KEYS and it makes the game cheaper, because you actually don't know where they are. (Here is where the other navis are useful). There a three types of panel.

Poisoned Panel: A normal battle will occur if you attempt to liberate it.

Item Panel: A normal battle will occur if you attempt to liberate it. But after the battle you will receive an item of any kind: Chip, order points, health, invisible.

Random Item Panel: These are yellow and it had a ? on it. No battle in this one. But a screen will flash and you will have to press the A button and see which item you get. Is all about luck and timing.

Another thing that I want to make clear in these missions is that, if you attempt to liberate a panel and your navi is standing between two panel (you liberate the front panel) a battle will follow and virus will appear from both sides! (When I heard about this I thought it was cool) but is NOT! The enemies are harder, sometimes there is cracked panel and DOMINERDS which makes it a frustration! This is the main "Juice" about this game and its cheap.

But besides these missions everything else is normal. Some cheap viruses battles (Ahem, Cloudman) and extremely easy bosses battles. The soul system is still a pain since is a 3 turn based system... and you don't want to get stuck with one soul in an entire battle (Ahem, last fight) without using chips.

Sound/Music: The music is still catchy but nothing special. The boss battle theme sucks, same with the busting virus them, I remember I went to this Chinese like town and the music blew me away, the net music sucks... same sound from the other instalments. The only BGM that caught my attention was the title music and the last battle. But nothing else.

Story: Not a big deal either. It sucks, I say capcom was on drugs while making the game... the translation from Japanese to English is NOT perfect. I remember seeing some issues with it. Lan?s dad gets kidnapped by (guess what?) Nebula! Boo-Hoo... your friends pets are stolen too... you join a team... sometimes you have to fight a member of the team before they "officially" join the team. You get to see lines such as "I did bad... ok I'm joining the TEAM!" and Lan is like "Ok!" Capcom, make something great at least or something convincing like in Battle Network 3... MEH!

Control: Same thing with previous instalment. Nothing has changed, except that you can turn megaman direction in the liberate missions with the L and R buttons. But nothing has really changed.

All in all if this is your first time in the battle network series, avoid this. Start with Battle Network 2. If you are a fan of the series, give it a good rental since this game is frustrating and I really mean it!

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Game of the Year Edition)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Game of the Year Edition)
Offered by Legendary Games
Price: $104.47
83 used & new from $19.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Morrowind is huge but is also a dissapointment..., May 5, 2006
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
First of all I got this game because I heard that it was so large and immersive, lots of towns, forests, dungeons, people, races, battles and QUESTS a big bunch of QUESTS but I think it lacked something... When I first got this game in my hand, I was so excited I was like "Oh! Im going to be hooked for weeks!" But Man, I was dead wrong...

There is no main plot I guess.. you are just a prisoner about to be released in the land of morrowind (Tamriel) Into a small town called Seyda Neen. That's were you need to put your name, race, class and birth sign. The first thing that draws my attention was the water. It looks real and It reflects everything like it should be in Real life. I have never seemed a game with such great water graphics, the town was very well detailed from little shacks to big buildings and towers.

The graphical department such as CHARACTERS they are... decent... Is like when you are talking to them they will say something like "Speak Quickly Outlander" but they will not show a different expression they will always have the same old and pale reflection when you come up near to them its a great downside really, and when they speak something to you, you will just see their lips moving but they are really not synchronized with the line they are currently expressing to you.

The buildings (Outdoors and Indoors) are very well packed, you will see curtains, carpets, tables, chairs and a lot of others furniture, almost everything in this game is take able from forks to plates and that's another fact that I was attracted to this game. In the outside, the building looks like it supposed to be in Real life, there are different kinds of buildings depending of which people or culture live there, so it really adds to the story, it was very well implemented and I was glad they managed to do that.

There are a lot of character models with different outfits, races, hair accent and culture. But once you get into Balmora they will look very similar. The monster on the other side though I haven't finished the game myself, but the outdoor monsters looks like they should be, there are little monster, medium sized monsters and big monster. They tend to intercept you more often than expected. There aren't a lot of forest... I only have seem an immersed forest in the land of Soltheim, and it wasn't a big deal, the forest on the mainland looks deserted and with not a lot of trees, nothing but bushes... there is also different types of land and a big mountain on the middle of the mainland. The map is very very large and detailed so that's another good fact of the game (you can easily get lost but the game comes with a map that you can see every time you want to)

The gameplay mechanics in this game is kind of interesting but is not a big deal either, you can either change your camera to a first person mode (Half life plox?!) or a Third Person mode (yeah!) though I have to say that the frame drops when you are in the third person mode... so is better to stick with the first person mode.

This game is good for you if you like to think and make decisions; there is a lot to do in this game! But the game is slow-paced and you will feel sometimes overwhelmed... the music is also a big downside since there is no variety in it. And Think twice before going to make a killing spree because the loading time takes more than 4 minutes.

Friday the 13th, Part 3
Friday the 13th, Part 3
DVD ~ Dana Kimmell
Offered by Blue Moon Discounts
Price: $12.97
107 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the great 80s Horror Flick.. still, no 3D feature., December 17, 2005
This review is from: Friday the 13th, Part 3 (DVD)
F13th part III is one of the best films on the entire franchise, but... it lacks the 3D feature and the main plot of the movie can be cheesy, but beliable.

The film centers in... one day later after part II. The first few minutes of the movie shows the last minutes of part II plus some things that we didnt see in that movie, you get to see that Jason is still alive and breathing, he then goes to this mini store near camp crystal lake, and he kills the owners then gets new clothes.

After this a group of like.. 7 people get to go to this place called Higgins haven (dont know if this is spelled right) near that mini store at the beginning of the movie. This place is not a camp, but a vacational spot for the teenagers, however.. the setting is sooo incredible (specialy the house and the barn) that you are going to rewind your movie everytime you see it, it just looks sooo great... but the lake looks like a swamp... not exactly like that, but you can see that the water is not clean. Another thing is that in this movie Jason stays in the barn for the most part of the film, and almost all of the kills scenes are there.

The good thing about F13th is that it looks so different from the others films (personal opinion) from the fictional place, to the characters, here you get to see the handsome, virgin (the main character and not so memorable) two horny girls, the clown (and one of the best characters in the franchise), the crac smokers, and some random biker guys.

The Main character of the film named Chris, is not memorable due that her lines are soo cheesy, one of them are: "He had a knife... and he attacked me with it!" she also looks very insecure, the actress didnt perform that character properly. there are some rumors out there that she complaint about the ending (Chris was supposed to be killed) and about some nudity and sex scenes... In less words there were going to be more interesting scenes, if the original ending wasnt cancelled F13th part III would be the first and different film in the entire franchise.

the producer had this idea coming to their head, to replace that good and DARK ending of the movie... replacing it with a CHEESY and stupid scene of Mrs. Voorhees popping out of the lake and grabbing chris, pulling her unders (another continuity error, and it was a copycat of the first film) this is a continuity error, cause Chris never knew about Jason or Mrs. Voorhees. the characters doesnt mention the name of Jason throughtout of the film, so you will know..

What really bugs me about this movie is that it has some serious plot holes and continuity errors, one example of them is that you could see Jason with some hairs over his head (part two) , but in this film he is completely bald, of course maybe there is an explanation to this, but it wasnt never explained in this film. ONE SERIOUS error that is very very annyoing is that the DVD case says "A group of naive counselors" and however, they were NOT counselors.

Overall... if you can get past Chris, some plots holes, the lack of the 3d feature and the ending, you are good to go..

Page: 1 | 2