Profile for Cherise Kachelmuss > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 458

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cherise Kachelmuss "Mom and More" RSS Feed (IL)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Learning Resources I Sea 10! Game
Learning Resources I Sea 10! Game
Offered by Galaxy Sales 14
Price: $7.51
16 used & new from $7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids Love it!, October 20, 2014
When I first saw this game I thought it might be too easy or babyish for my 6 and 7 year old. They are in 1st and 2nd grade and way past adding to 10. They both though got really into this game and enjoyed it. The game is so simple and yes its a math game, but its also a fun and fast game. To play you just have to flip over cards until you see numbers that add up to 10 - they you collect those cards as your points. No reading is required, just math of adding to 10. It is good practice for kids just learning or just a great way to exercise your brain! My 7 year old didn't want to stop playing and was slowly getting faster and faster at recognizing the sum of 10. You can also change up the game too for example to find the sum of another number or even come up with other rules for multiplication/division and so forth. The pieces are sturdy cardboard and the box is sturdy as well, perfect for storage.

Paw Patrol: Winter Rescues
Paw Patrol: Winter Rescues
DVD ~ Alex Thorne
Price: $9.85
9 used & new from $7.09

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 Fun Episodes, October 19, 2014
This review is from: Paw Patrol: Winter Rescues (DVD)
This is a great DVD featuring Paw Patrol characters in seven episodes. The episodes all feature winter adventures and missions that the Paw Patrol characters tackle. My 3 year old daughter loves Paw Patrol and those silly dogs I admit make me smile as well. They are wholesome characters and teach great lessons for kids. The episodes have been previously aired on television but it is nice to have them all on one DVD.

The episodes include:

DVD ~ Sean Astin
Price: $22.46
13 used & new from $18.46

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Great DVDs in one, October 19, 2014
This is a great collection of the first season of the animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It features three DVDs: Ultimate Showdown, Enter Shredder, and Rise of the Turtles. The show aired 2012-2013. I like that it is broken down into three DVDs, with a total of over 600 minutes. I will say though if you are buying this as a gift, the child may already have the DVDs separately so consider that. Having the DVDs separate makes it easy to watch one or more episodes at one time. While they are not the same Turtles I grew up with, they are great for a new generation. My boys, ages 6 and 7, like them and love to act out being ninja turtles.

Cooking Gift Set - 4 Silicone Kitchen Gadgets - Red Spatula, Green Spoon, Yellow Brush, Multicolored Whisk
Offered by DenadaDenada
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $15.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful and Fun, October 19, 2014
This is a great little set, especially for the price of less than $20. It contains four gadgets perfect for cooking in the kitchen. What I love about them though is the bright colors which makes them easily to find in my kitchen drawer. As far as durability goes, I haven't had any problems. They are sized right for smaller hands, which I appreciate because sometimes kitchen gadgets are way too big for my hands.

K'nex Super Mario Cat Mario Building Set
K'nex Super Mario Cat Mario Building Set
Price: $29.99
12 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Cat Mario figure!, October 18, 2014
The K'NEX Super Mario Cat Mario Building Set is one that is not only fun to build but afterwards its fun to play with. Building its 200+ pieces is pretty easy and then its ready to be played with. You get a Cat Mario which honestly I thought was pretty awesome. There are different platforms for Cat Mario to tackle. This would be even more fun if you had other Mario sets to combine it with or you could even use regular K'NEX pieces and build stuff for Mario to play on. I felt it held together fine, just a few fixes after playing with it or storing it and its ready for more action.

K'nex 52 Model Building Set
K'nex 52 Model Building Set
Price: $34.99
13 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Great Pieces, October 18, 2014
This review is from: K'nex 52 Model Building Set (Toy)
The K'NEX 52 Model Building Set is a set with over 600 pieces and a big idea book. The K'NEX idea books are awesome because there is no reading required and the directions are very visual pictures. They are easy enough that my 6 year old can follow on his own. The ideas are anywhere from simple small items to bigger designs. What is great too is there is plenty of pieces that you can easily build a few designs at once rather than building one item and then taking it apart to build something else. The tub that holds it all is sturdy plastic and great for storage. I like when sets come with a box or container to store the pieces in.

Veggie Tales: Beauty and the Beet
Veggie Tales: Beauty and the Beet
DVD ~ Kellie Pickler
Price: $8.96
26 used & new from $7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Veggie Tales Winner, October 18, 2014
My kids have only seen a few Veggie Tales titles, but this one is definitely a favorite so far. My 3 year old daughter especially enjoys it because she recognizes the Beauty and the Beast store from it. It's funny how she understands it. The story is great for the whole family and emphasizes friendship, unconditional love, looking at someone from the inside rather than their appearance and more. It is really a cute title and had us all watching all 45 minutes of it. The songs are silly and the animation is awesome. It does have a biblical tone to parts of it, as expected from Veggie Tales but it is not pushy or overtly religious. The lessons are the main focus and I think everyone could benefit from them. This is a title we have watched a few times already and I am sure we will continue to watch it. Something about talking vegetable characters makes us smile.

Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome!
Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome!
DVD ~ Grant George
Price: $14.96
10 used & new from $10.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Appropriate for Kids!, October 16, 2014
I had never heard of Team Hot Wheels before this but glad I came across them. My kids and I really liked this DVD. Its about a group of friends, who are racers, who have to work as a team. I love the concept of teamwork and problem solving. The animation really impressed me as well, especially for a straight to DVD title. We watched this multiple times so far and my kids have yet to get sick of it. They have asked for more of Team Hot Wheels!

What is neat though is my kids have been playing with their Hot Wheels track sets more lately and building crazy ramps for their cars. I like that the DVD is encouraging them to play with their toys and inspiring creativity. There is nothing inappropriate for young kids and I'd recommend it for any parent looking for a fun new DVD for their kids!

Dragon Masters #1: Rise of the Earth Dragon (A Branches Book)
Dragon Masters #1: Rise of the Earth Dragon (A Branches Book)
by Tracey West
Price: $3.61
55 used & new from $2.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea! Words and Pictures in a Chapter Book!, October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My boys are in 1st and 2nd grade and they both love this book. It is hard to find books that interest my boys but this one has dragons, magic and an adventurous boy their age. It is a chapter book for kids in grades 1-3 but its not overwhelming with words or pictures. I'd say it has a good amount of both. There is a picture on every page but there is also a few sentences at least of words. It is perfect for a parent to read to their child(ren) or for a child who is looking for a little more advanced book that the early reader books. There are not really any words I felt were too hard, and they can all be easily sounded out. I don't think I ever heard of an illustrated early chapter book series before but we are hooked on this one and can't wait for the next one.

SOL REPUBLIC 1430-03 Tracks Air Wireless On-Ear Headphones, Vivid Red
SOL REPUBLIC 1430-03 Tracks Air Wireless On-Ear Headphones, Vivid Red
Price: $199.99
3 used & new from $185.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised Me With Quality and Ease of Use, October 15, 2014
I got the chance to check out the SOL REPUBLIC Tracks Air. What make these headphones stand out is that they are wireless headphones, yeah for no cords!

How is the sound though? Awesome! I have worn these while working in my office and while on an airplane so far and I love them. They are comfortable enough that they don't irritate me and powerful enough that the sound is amazing. They offer a smooth sound and they block out outside noise. It is nice though to be able to adjust them easily and quickly whether I am wearing them, my husband or even my kids. You just have to slide the ear piece up or down to re-size them. No additional pieces needed and nothing to loose!

Using these via bluetooth is super easy. I had no problem connecting them to my phone or computer. I even used them as a bluetooth headset for phone calls as my mom called while I was listening to music on my cell phone so it switched over to allow me to answer the call! She said the sound was crystal clear. Now I wouldn't use these all the time for phone calls as it sounds a little strange on my end because they enclose the sound so well. It was nice though that I didn't have to do anything other than click a button on the headphones to answer it. Then when my call was done it switched back to my music automatically.

What I really though is how easy it is to store everything. It comes with a nice bag to store the headphones and it comes with a cord in case you need to have wired headphones.

I would recommend the SOL REPUBLIC Tracks Air for anyone looking for headphones because they not only offer wireless headphones for when you can use bluetooth but they also include a cord to use them as wired. They are like two headphones in one! The bag is a nice bonus to keep them protected and all together. Its a lot nicer than a ziploc bag!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20