Profile for B. GENIER > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. GENIER RSS Feed (Indianapolis, IN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Ameriwood 24-Inch Wall Cabinet
Ameriwood 24-Inch Wall Cabinet
Price: $68.60
10 used & new from $56.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but shop around for the best price, October 3, 2014
These were about the right size for what I needed and I found them on sale at another site so the price was right as well.

PROS
The doors look nice and are pretty sturdy as are the sides, top and bottom.

The door hinges are the soft self-closing kind, which is nice for such an inexpensive cabinet.

Comes in a compact, albeit heavy, box.

Assembly is a little tedious at first, but very easy. I bought two and followed the instructions to the letter on the first one. After that, I was able to assemble the second one on my own.

The "Easy Hang" feature made these a snap to put up. Finding the studs is the hard part! The instructions say that you need another person, but I left the doors off when I hung them and had no problems doing this by myself. Once they are in place, it's pretty easy to snap the hinges together to attach the doors.

CONS
Assembly is pretty easy until you get to the backing board. This is a thin piece of VERY cheap cardboard and getting it to line up in the grooves it's supposed to fit into is maddening. It's kind of disappointing that they didn't make the backing board out of a more sturdy material or just leave it out entirely. If I had it to do over again, I would have just not used it. It's not integral to the structure of the thing. It's purely cosmetic.

There's an adjustable shelf with three different adjustment options. I wish there was a bit more flexibility though. None of the shelf heights works particularly well for laundry detergent bottles without wasting space. You could remedy this by drilling new holes, but I didn't want to bother with that.

Smaller than it looks.

Overall, not bad for the price. It fit my needs fairly well and for a "utility" type cabinet, it doesn't look junky.

AT&T CL84102 DECT 6.0 Expandable Corded/Cordless Phone with Answering System and Caller ID/Call Waiting, Black, 1 Corded and 1 Cordless Handset
Price: $45.49
162 used & new from $27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars ... using this system for a couple of weeks and love it so far, August 25, 2014
I've been using this system for a couple of weeks and love it so far. I wanted to upgrade my old cordless set so I could have a speaker phone for listening to conference calls in my home office. The base unit is perfect for this. It works just like an expensive company phone system and looks nice too. I also wanted to have two satellite handsets to service the master bedroom and the downstairs. This set only came with one, but for $20 each, you can buy up to 12 add-on handsets.

The sound quality is good and the system is loaded with features: multiple ring tones to choose from, speaker phone (on base and satellite handsets), mute, volume control, digital answering mailbox, number storage, easy menus, push-to-talk pager system, handset locator, programmable voicemail dialer, and a nice caller ID display that announces who is calling.

For less than $100, I got everything I wanted in a phone system and more. This is a great system for the price.

Cosmas 305-128SN Satin Nickel Cabinet Hardware Euro Style Bar Handle Pull - 5" (128mm) Hole Centers, 7-3/8" Overall Length, 25 Pack
Offered by Cabinet Hardware 4 Less
Price: $70.20
2 used & new from $70.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the heck out of the big box stores, June 25, 2014
These pulls are very nice and significantly cheaper than comparable ones at the big box stores. They look great on my new cabinets. Good quality and no duds. I ordered a few extra just in case, but I didn't need them. Definitely recommend.

Fox Run Frozen Ice Pop Maker
Fox Run Frozen Ice Pop Maker
Offered by Home-Goods-Direct
Price: $24.91
4 used & new from $21.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pop maker, June 25, 2014
Easy to use and the stick guide is a nice feature. I really wanted something that I could use with wooden sticks. These come out looking very "authentic"...not homemade.

Cosmas 305-128SN Satin Nickel Cabinet Hardware Euro Style Bar Handle Pull - 5" (128mm) Hole Centers, 7-3/8" Overall Length, 10 Pack
Offered by Cabinet Hardware 4 Less
Price: $32.00
4 used & new from $27.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the heck out of a big box store, June 25, 2014

Rienar 24W Mini Multimedia LCD Image System LED Projector with SD / USB / AV / VGA /HDMI Port
Offered by Deeteck
Price: $44.98
18 used & new from $33.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect HD, but it's great for outdoor movie nights!, April 10, 2014
UPDATE 5/6/2015: I have to say that this little projector has held up pretty well the past year. I use it for outdoor movies and once I figured out how to route the sound from the computer to an external Bluetooth speaker and bypass the projector's speaker, I was very pleased. You do need to use it in total darkness and the projection quality isn't anything close to HD, but it's watchable and gives you that "drive-in" feel. My friends absolutely love coming over for patio movies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I honestly didn't expect a lot from this projector given the price, but in retrospect I wish I hadn't purchased it. This is not sold through Amazon. It comes directly from China.

PROS:
* Honestly, the internal speaker is not bad at all, inside at least. I was surprised at how decent the sound quality was with an HDMI connection to my laptop.

* It's very light and compact.

* There are several input options: HDMI, VGA and it comes with sound cables to attach external speakers.

* It's easy to hook up and the setting adjustments are pretty simple to figure out with the onscreen menu.

CONS:
* It looks like a toy...VERY cheaply made. If you dropped it, it looks like it would break into a million pieces. I don't expect this thing to last very long.

* The quality of the image it projects isn't good, although it is watchable as long as it's totally dark. Any light at all and it's too washed out. Adjusting your computer desktop resolution to the lowest possible resolution setting helps, but the color accuracy of the projected image is pretty terrible. It's marginally usable to watch a movie through Netflix, but useless if you were trying to read anything from a computer display. The words are projected as a blurry mess unless the text is large.

* The size of the image it projects is really really small. You have to pull it back about 15 feet to get something roughly the size of a 40" TV.

* I tried to return this because I thought I'd invest my $60 towards one that was a little nicer. The e-mail I got back said it wasn't convenient since the distributor is in China. They suggested that I give it to someone else! I can't really say they're shady...it is as described, but obviously the customer service is rather laughable if their solution to not wanting it is just to re-gift it! :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2014 10:44 AM PDT

DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater
DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater
Offered by Ohio Trading Inc.
Price: $110.68
18 used & new from $29.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for closed off spaces, February 28, 2014
I bought this heater early on in the winter of 2014...what ended up being a VERY cold and snowy one in Indiana. It was super easy to put together and has a slim profile that doesn't take up a lot of space (about the size of a 25" flat screen TV.) The wheels make it easy to move and it doesn't weigh much at all. I'd say 3 lbs max. Another feature that I like is that it remains cool to the touch everywhere but right on top. The heat radiates up from the top, not straight out from the front.

This heater does a terrific job in a closed room. I turn it on low at the "2" setting and end up having to throw back the comforter in the middle of the night because I'm hot. I don't even use this in the bedroom if the temperature is above freezing because it does too good of a job heating.

It doesn't fare as well in more open spaces though...especially when it's really cold out. I do think it helps take the chill out of the air if the temperature is at freezing or above, but it didn't do much in my living room on those 0 or below days.

My electric bills have been really high this winter because of the unusual number of cold days we've had so I can't really say for sure whether this has helped with energy costs. I have to think it has though. I keep the thermostat at 67 to 68 during the day and 64 at night because this baby keeps the bedroom super toasty. I also roll it into the office when I'm working during the day and it does a great job of keeping me warm it what's usually a very chilly room.

I may consider buying a second one next year to see if running two of them would help in a larger space.

Men's Thermal Underwear Set Top & Bottom Fleece Lined, M1 Charcoal, Large
Men's Thermal Underwear Set Top & Bottom Fleece Lined, M1 Charcoal, Large
Offered by uYES Fashion USA
Price: $24.50

2.0 out of 5 stars These run very small, February 24, 2014
Listen to the reviews...these run super small. I got large and they looked like baby clothes. The pants are stretchy and fit like a second skin, but so does the shirt. Not what I was looking for at all. I'm not even sure XL would be big enough.

CandleScience Candle Dye Chip Sample Pack, 7 colors, 35 pieces
CandleScience Candle Dye Chip Sample Pack, 7 colors, 35 pieces
Offered by candlescience
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of coloring power, February 24, 2014
The selection of colors is great and these chips hold a lot of coloring power. Red is still the toughest though. You need a lot of coloring to make sure it doesn't dry pink.

Owl Rotary Candleholder
Owl Rotary Candleholder
Offered by PlutoGifts
Price: $10.79
2 used & new from $10.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Owl Rotary Candleholder (Kitchen)
Bought two of these as Christmas gifts and they went over very well. Not super high quality, but very cute.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7