Profile for Sheryl Katz > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2087

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sheryl Katz RSS Feed (Chatsworth, CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Allen Sports JTX-1 Trailer/Swivel Wheel Jogger, Green
Allen Sports JTX-1 Trailer/Swivel Wheel Jogger, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Stroller., December 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really nice stroller and trailer. Operation is very smooth. Works great for a 3 yo. Also easy to convert for pulling with a bike.

Aqua Optima 'Clarion' Water Filter Pitcher Sky Blue with 1x 60-day Evolve filter, 2 month pack
Price: $25.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Pitcher takes up too much room., December 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pitcher takes up too much room for the amount of water that you get. Replacement filters are expensive. There are better solutions.

Perky-Pet 5151 Premium Squirrel-Be-Gone Breakaway Wild Bird Feeder
Perky-Pet 5151 Premium Squirrel-Be-Gone Breakaway Wild Bird Feeder
Price: $53.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever Design, December 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is really nice to have. We used to have one similar with an electric motor that propelled the squirrels. The problem was that the batteries would run out and then the anti-squirrel feature did not work. This feeder allows us to attract quite a few diverse and interesting birds to our yard. It's a smarter design than the whirl away one.

Aquila 'iUke' Piccolo Pineapple Ukulele: Natural Solid Spruce top with gigbag
Aquila 'iUke' Piccolo Pineapple Ukulele: Natural Solid Spruce top with gigbag
Offered by Dangleberry Music - 7 day shipping from UK
Price: $141.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun as a high pitched little uke., December 17, 2014
What's cool about this is that it comes with special strings from Aquila that tune one octave above the standard uke.

Now playing this uke is quite a challenge because there really is not a lot of room in the frets. I've had other mini ukes before and sold them because they were hard to play.

This one is hard to play too so in many ways it is just a novelty. But the high strings add a new dimension. It's kind of cool that it can add a high voice to a group of ukes.

The uke is very cute and the smallest of the mini ukes that I've seen I got the pineapple because I think the fuller body gives a little more volume.

If you know what this uke is, it is fun. But I wouldn't rely on it as a travel uke and I wouldn't pick it to teach a small child. A soprano uke has small enough frets. This uke does work as a high pitched little uke.

Redbarn Filled Bone Cheese/Bacon, Large 6-inch
Redbarn Filled Bone Cheese/Bacon, Large 6-inch
Price: $4.99
12 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for aggressive chewers, December 11, 2014
One of our greyhounds thinks she is part goat and part lab. She'll eat anything. She's also young, full of energy (unusual for a greyhound) and would chase a ball all day if I would throw it. While she is overall a very good dog, she is also prone to be destructive unless kept tired and entertained. Unfortunately, along with a willingess to eat anything she has a sensitive stomach so the vet has become quite fond of her.

These filled bones don't bother her stomach as a lot of treats do. She also loves them, as does our other greyhound. It takes them less than an hour to get all the filling out (quite a feat) and they still like to carry the bones around for days, gnaw on them and lick them. These are a bit pricey but cheaper than damage to my furniture and possessions.

We use all the various flavors of these. The bones don't make a mess.

Belkin Apple MFi Certified Lightning to USB ChargeSync Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad 4th Gen, iPad mini, and iPod touch 7th Gen, 4 Feet (Blue)
Price: Click here to see our price

1.0 out of 5 stars Revised Review: Busted after 2 weeks, December 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was happy with this cable because it actually worked. Unforutnately it fell apart after about two weeks of use. I did not abuse it in any way.

Ohana Solid Spruce Top, Rosewood Back & Sides Model CKP70R Vintage Vita-Uke Body Shape
Offered by My Music Life
Price: $209.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tribute to Vita Ukes, December 9, 2014
I have a collection of the Vita style uke starting with the original Roy Smeck model, the Frisco Uke which is not really Vita style but based on the Vita, a Ukiyo uke which is a modern custom copy of the Vita made by Mark Schoenberger, and a modern interpretation in concert size made by Pete Howlett.

To make my collection complete I picked up this Rosewood Ohana Vita. This is a very interesting uke. It is quite loud which is a characteristic of the Vita style. It's a laminated instrument and the overall feel is pretty much the same as similarly price Ohana's. There is even a custom case available that fits it very well. The quality of the tone is pretty much similar to other laminated Ohana's. It doesn't sound - to my ears - remotely like a true Vita uke (but neither do the Frisco Uke or the Ukiyo uke). I don't understand why they used the ugly geared tuners that stick out the side. I'd rather have straight through direct tuners or a geared Gotoh (but those are too expensive for an inexpensive uke like this).

This is a good uke for a beginner or for an experienced player looking for something a little different to use as a bash around uke. It is ultimately an inexpensive laminated uke. I got mine used and cheap so I got the Rosewood, but I don't think the Mahogany is much different.

Vita ukes are a really great part of uke history. I'm glad that Ohana made a tribute.

3-IN-ONE 120018 Fast-Acting Penetrant Drip Oil, 4 oz.
3-IN-ONE 120018 Fast-Acting Penetrant Drip Oil, 4 oz.
Price: $6.37

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, December 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's hard for me to see how this is different from WD-40 except for the packaging and the fact that tis is a bit runnier. It works OK, but like WD 40 I am reluctant to use it for things like bicycles or locks because I am afraid that it will leave a surface that will attract dirt.

Mackie MR mk3 Series MR6mk3 6-Inch 2-Way Powered Studio Monitor
Mackie MR mk3 Series MR6mk3 6-Inch 2-Way Powered Studio Monitor
Price: $199.99
12 used & new from $175.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Larger than I expected., December 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the size because these are bigger than I expected. They are really too large for my computer setup and maybe even a bit larger than I'd like them to be for my piano and midi setups. The sound quality is great and the inputs offer a lot of flexibility. They sound better than the smaller Rolands I have been using. Even though this is not their intended purpose I'm thinking of giving these a try as PA speakers for smaller spaces.

VELCRO Brand  - Sticky Back for Fabrics: No sewing needed - 24" x 3/4" Tape - White
VELCRO Brand - Sticky Back for Fabrics: No sewing needed - 24" x 3/4" Tape - White
Price: $8.54
11 used & new from $5.03

4.0 out of 5 stars This is nice for small repairs or closures, December 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is nice for small repairs or closures. It depends on the fabric though. It won't stick too well to some blends or polyesters. I'm not sure how many washings it will really hold up for. However, it is useful for things like getting my purse to stay closed. These strips are pretty thin which is nice because they don't make a bulge in the fabric.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20