Profile for Sahara R. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sahara R. RSS Feed (UT)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars New and Improved - 5x7 and hex grids, December 18, 2012
This is the new and improved version, it's 5 cards by 7 cards (so you could use it as a calendar), has a newly added hexagon grid, and the grids are each different colors now.

(More reviews on the previous edition can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WEPWXM )

Kids Doodle - Movie Kids Drawing
Kids Doodle - Movie Kids Drawing
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great until it started crashing, August 16, 2012
Pros:
Fun, bright, easy interface. Can pick a style of paintbrush to use.
If your child is into scribbling, they will love it!
Confirms whether or not you want to delete your current picture.

Cons:
Worked for a while then began to crash every. single. time. opening the program. I can't decide if it's when I use a certain paintbrush or something else.
You can't pick the color, it cycles through the rainbow each time you lift your finger. (So not good for kids who want to draw a picture with colors of their choosing)
Movie/Record mode is too easy to push the button and I don't like that.

Recommend instead: Kaleidoscope app by Bejoy (same company) - Has not crashed yet, after months of daily use. Same features, but a mirror-image built in so it looks like a kaleidoscope (which makes it great for kids, they always feel like their picture is beautiful, and the mirroring is mesmerizing to them.) Can choose 2,3,4,5,6,and 8-way mirror

Munchkin Two Snack Catchers, Colors May Vary
Munchkin Two Snack Catchers, Colors May Vary
Price: $4.47
41 used & new from $4.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Still have messes, just not as bad, December 15, 2011
We started using this around 10 months, and the lid was stiff enough that she had a hard time pushing her hand in to grab snacks, and when she worked up to do it, she was reluctant to drag her little fist out while still clenched around the snack, she'd let go and pull out her hand. I'm not sure if that was our kid's reluctance, but others may have encountered the same thing. The lid is a soft plastic though, so I haven't worried about scratches or any sort of injury from it's stiffness. The lid fits quite snugly, it definitely won't fall off even under abuse, and less likely for kid to take it off without some dedicated effort. At 13-16 months, the new problem is that she'll just pull fistfulls of snacks (goldfish, cereal, whatever) out of the cup and throw them or just leave them on the floor until the cup is empty. She'll also hold one flap down with her hand and shake the cup around so the snacks come out as it shakes. So there still ends up being a big mess to clean up.

The nice thing is that I can leave her unsupervised with it and not worry about her eating a baggie or crunching all the snacks into itty bitty crumbs while trying to eat them *through* the baggie or getting frustrated and yelling when she can't open the baggie. Extremely durable construction, I like the non-skid base even though we don't really use it in situations where it's needed, it won't rock or fall off tables without toddler help ;) I like that it's clear so I can easily see how many snacks are left. If you fill the cup too full, it's hard for the kid to fit their hand through the flaps to grab snacks, half-full seemed to work best. I have not tried other brands of snack cups to compare.

All in all, I would recommend this snack cup.

Pros:
Tight-fitting lid
Open access to snacks without worries about baggies (eating the baggies, getting frustrated, etc)
Extremely Durable (both lid and cup)
Clear, easy to see snack level
Non-skid, non-rocking base

Cons:
Our baby/toddler doesn't like to shove her hand through the lid (in or out) because it's pretty stiff
Still ends up being a mess all over the place - from a)pulling out fistfuls of snacks until the cup is empty, or b) holding one flap down and shaking until cup is empty
Works best at half-full, otherwise hard for the kid to fit their hand through the flaps

The Anti-Coloring Book: Creative Activities for Ages 6 and Up
The Anti-Coloring Book: Creative Activities for Ages 6 and Up
by Susan Striker
Price: $11.90
75 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love for prompting imagination, May 6, 2011
I remember loving this coloring book as a kid, and was surprised to find so many variations! This is a great coloring book for prompting imagination and drawing instead of just coloring in the lines. (Which has it's place, I enjoyed that too) I remember loving the big empty space I could just invent stuff

What I remember the most was that my Dad photocopied the pages and kept them in a drawer so that I could draw on my favorite pages over and over and over and over... It was the best idea ever! The book stayed clean and I could pick my favorites as many times as I wanted, and never worry about my brother "stealing" my page or anything.

If you like this idea, you might also try the "Oodles of Doodles" book - the pictures are more simplistic (like they were drawn with a crayon) but it's the same principle. :)

LOGITECH Replacement Mouse for MX600 MX3200 MX3000
LOGITECH Replacement Mouse for MX600 MX3200 MX3000

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Logitech Mouse Ever (but discontinued), May 6, 2011
Both my husband and I love this mouse, and are sad that Logitech doesn't make or sell it anymore. We got our original ones as part of a mouse/keyboard combo, and are glad to have found a replacement seller!

Pros:
This mouse maintains the good reputation Logitech has for quality construction, it has been hauled around and used day-in and day-out average of 12 hours per day I would say. The battery life is quite good, and the shape of the mouse is comfortable. Works well for both of our hands, mine are more petite than his. What we like the most is that there are 7 buttons, which current mice do not have that many. (2 Thumb, 3 index finger, 3 scroll wheel) The wheel does not have free-scroll, but I have never missed it. Thumb buttons are comfortable and rounded, they don't get in the way of holding the mouse (so no accidental clicks) but are easy to reach. The scroll wheel is rounded, which is nice since I hold my hand slanted (some newer mice have rectangular wheels which are annoying). The reception works across the room just fine. Haven't compared the laser to other gaming-quality mice, but we use them for World of Warcraft and haven't noticed any lag due to the mouse itself (now, our internet connection on the other hand....)

Cons:
After about 1 year, the grippy texture on side of my mouse began to bubble and peel. I'm not sure why, it seemed to be a manufacturing defect, because my first mouse and none of the other replacement mice either of us owned had ever peeled. After about 3 years (more?), one of our mice stopped responding to index clicks unless it was done just right. This happened to two mice out of about 5, but both after long time of service so I wouldn't expect it to happen to all mice.

Just a note: This item does NOT come with the receiver! You can find on the Logitech website which mice will work with certain receivers (this won't work with the brand-new type), but you must make sure you already have one.

Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack,Green
Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack,Green
Price: $12.00
44 used & new from $11.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds more than you think, March 30, 2011
It holds more stuff than you think. I couldn't fit as much on mine as the person who posted their picture, but that is because we use Tommy Tippee Closer-to-Nature bottles, which are quite fat. That makes it difficult to place them hanging over the edge, since they will drip on the table beneath the drying rack. I have fit 4 CtN (fat) bottles, 4 fat nipples, 4 skinny Medela bottles, 2 Medela pump shields/flanges and small accessories.

I really like it, for the footprint it holds everything we need it to. I like that it's not tall like some drying racks which look like coatracks or something. It's also versatile, we've also used it for drying baby spoons, silverware, the occasional teething toy... I also like the look of grass. It's quirky!

Willow Tree Kindness Girl
Willow Tree Kindness Girl
Price: $14.86
23 used & new from $8.42

4.0 out of 5 stars This is not the discontinued Angel of Kindness, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Willow Tree Kindness Girl (Misc.)
Bought this as a gift thinking it was the discontinued Angel of Kindness, and the recipient told us it was not. (However, she liked it just as much.)

Yes, it is holding a CAT not a dog.

Logitech Wireless Mouse M305 (Dark Fleur)
Logitech Wireless Mouse M305 (Dark Fleur)
Offered by Integrity Woman
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for laptops on-the-go, January 11, 2011
This mouse is excellent for laptops on the go - extremely small, and very portable with the nano-receiver stored inside the mouse itself. I also have the precursor version which has a receiver about the size of a usb flash drive, and it snaps into the bottom of the mouse very securely. (With the precursor, I also appreciated that snapping the receiver in would also toggle the mouse to turn off.) The nano-receiver is easy to plug-and-forget, just as advertised. I haven't tested it long enough to see if it might snag on backpacks, but was impressed with the small profile. The ridge makes it easy to pull out.

EDIT: I have NEVER had any reception problems! Works as well across the room as it does right next to the computer

I also use this mouse for my work computer. My hands are average to small, so the comfort is better than the generic one from the office. I like that the wheel scrolls easily, takes hardly any pressure, and still makes a little quiet click/scroll noise and feel so that I know when I have scrolled it one single line (unlike some other mice *coughmicrosoftcough*).

The Logitech drivers are great to customize sensitivity, and works just as well for two widescreen monitors as it does for a single laptop or 10" mini laptop. The software also lets you program the mousewheel clicks.

In the roughly 3 years owning the precursor, I used 4 batteries (on the 4th right now). Rechargeable batteries don't last quite as long, but still quite a while. Supposedly the nano generation lasts longer, though I suspect just the same.

If you have larger hands, this may be too small for you - try the Logitech M510. My 6'1" husband likes the size of it better, and it has basically the same operation and feel.

I am definitely a convert to Logitech mice, their quality is better than the competition, their customer service is excellent, their drivers are nicer than the default Windows drivers, worth every penny. That said, you can occasionally find this mouse on sale for ~$20 or less, and if you do, snag it!

High Sierra Access Pack ,Amazon/Ash/Black ,20x15x9.5-Inch
High Sierra Access Pack ,Amazon/Ash/Black ,20x15x9.5-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Comfortable enough for a woman, able to be sized for a man, April 24, 2009
This is one of the most durable backpacks I have ever owned! I bought it for college, because as an engineer I carry around waaay too many thick heavy books. This bag has been great for walking long-distance with heavy books, biking with heavy books, and carrying heavy groceries home from the store. :D Could be used as a daypack for short hikes, more comfy than many bags, but probably not as comfortable as a dedicated backpacking bag. I am a skinny woman, and this bag was able to size comfortably for me, but my 6'2" husband can adjust all the straps for him too.

The hip strap is well made, and padded so that it is actually comfortable with 50+ lbs of books weighing it down. Can't emphazise how comfortable the hip strap is!

The laptop gets it's own padded compartment in the main pocket, and it is tall enough for 17" laptops. I use it for a 15", and the sides are fine, so I don't know how the sides on a 17" would be, but I expect it will fit fine. Has a nice clip to keep it from bouncing around.

The second (big) pocket out is for shorter items, but from outside is deceptively large because in fact there is a third almost hidden pocket in front of it. The third pocket has a size zip entrance, so it's not very good for books or papers. I don't use it for much except sometimes an extra shirt, or scarf and hat, things like that. If short on space though, remember it's there. The outermost pocket is great for pencils, bus schedules, combs, flat stuff. I use the mp3/cd player pocket for my laptop mouse.

The "suspension system" on the shoulder straps actually has a span of tough elastic in between shoulders and bag. I think it makes the bag ride softer on your shoulders... but also makes it a little more bouncy.

The rain fly is VERY effective, although when not using it is more heavy than you might think. I had a hard time folding it back up to fit in it's underneath pocket. Without the fly, the bag can take 1 hour of medium rain and keep your books dry. Although the laptop zipper will leak and soak the top of the bag a couple inches down, it didn't reach my laptop because the bag is tall. Fly is bright yellow, it also doubles to make you somewhat more visible when biking in the dark. (Not reflective)

Kingston DataTraveler I - 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DTI/16GB
Kingston DataTraveler I - 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DTI/16GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Well-made, April 24, 2009
The Kingston DataTraveler line has treated me very well. I can't count how many lids have broken or been lost on other flash drives, but this one snaps quite securely on the back end. I like the white case, and the color-coding for different sizes is very useful so you can instantly tell which flash drive you want (if you have more than one, anyway). This is not so much of an issue when you have a 16 GB though! There's almost as much space on this litte guy as on my whole computer! Aside from the big loop on the back which the lid snaps to, there is a very small hole that a thin loop can go through so you can still attach the lid while having it connected to a keychain or other lanyard. Ask at your local computer store if they have promo lanyards for free, those usually fit pretty well.

I use one flash drive to keep a bootable copy of Ubuntu for computer troubleshooting.

I use another (well now I combined them) to keep my Portable Applications (like OpenOffice, Firefox portable, virus scanner, paint.net, gimp, etc) as well as all my files and such.

Page: 1 | 2