Profile for The man > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 89

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The man "Quot libros, quam breve tempus." RSS Feed (Virginia, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Oster TSSTTVF815 6-Slice Toaster Oven
Oster TSSTTVF815 6-Slice Toaster Oven
Price: $49.99
10 used & new from $38.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for a good oven, March 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've been enjoying our Oster 6-Slice oven for several weeks now. All of the functions, from baking to toasting, work as advertised. The toasting function in particular is good, giving a more even brownness than our previous toaster oven. The convection bake is also a great feature, speeding up cooking time and preventing the need for heating up the whole built-in oven.

The one downside I have found is size. The unit itself is on the big side for a toaster oven, and while the inside is indeed larger than our last one (a Black and Decker), it is not quite large enough to hold six whole slices of bread, despite the name. Those slices would have to be pretty small. Or your packing skills better than mine. Four stars for quality and function.

Slim-Fast Ready To Drink, Rich Chocolate Royale, 10 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Slim-Fast Ready To Drink, Rich Chocolate Royale, 10 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $15.15
9 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Creamy chocolate taste, February 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a lifelong veteran of the battle of the bulge, I was hesitant to try another "tasty" diet supplement. So many of them are chalky, or vitaminy, or gritty,or oily... the ways to go wrong are myriad. But the Slim-Fast Rich Chocolate Royale flavor came as a pleasant surprise. While it may not be ready to compete with Godiva anytime soon, the chocolate flavor was, indeed, chocolatey. The drink was satisfyingly creamy without any unpleasant texture or noticable aftertaste. The ingredients are largely chemical, no whole foods were used in the making of this product, but compared to a junk food laden snack or meal, it's a winner. I found myself getting hungry after a couple of hours, maybe because of the lack of bulk when just consuming a beverage, but made it to dinner without a snack. One favorite trick--blending the drink with ice to make a frozen shake. Mmmmm.

The Adventures of Beanboy
The Adventures of Beanboy
by Lisa Harkrader
Price: $10.28
78 used & new from $5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, February 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
(The following review was dictated to me by my 9 year old son.)
I liked it. I liked the story. It was good. I liked that the kid invented a superhero. I liked the characters. It was fun.

Not For Parents Paris: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know (Lonely Planet Not for Parents)
by Klay Lamprell
Price: $11.02
62 used & new from $3.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Armchair travelling starts early, January 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My ten year old son enjoyed reading this book in the evenings, was entranced enough to finish and to suggest that Paris might be a good option for vacation this summer. Our budget doesn't run to family trips to France, but this book would be a fun read for before a trip... or just staying home. Four stars.

Belkin ViewLounge for Apple iPad 2 / 3rd Generation, HD, 1080P, WiFi, 4G LTE, AT & T, Verizon
Offered by PORTABLE GUY
Price: $1.99
9 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for watching in bed, January 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I keep this stand in my headboard, and use it frequently to use my iPad in bed. It's especially good for watching movies, or other applications where I don't want to use my hands all the time. It will balance on an armrest, a table... or, as I often use it, on my chest while I watch a movie. It's a speciallized function, but one that it does exceptionally well. It isn't a stand for all times, isn't small enough or light enough to be truly portable, but what it does it does quite well. Four stars.

Tina's Mouth: An Existential Comic Diary
Tina's Mouth: An Existential Comic Diary
by Keshni Kashyap
Price: $14.31
105 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good slice of life, tried too hard, May 17, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This interesting slice of life comic worked when it told the story of the author's life as a young Indian woman. The writing was captivating to begin with, the story engaging. The art serviced the story--cartoony in the style of Hope Larson. However, when the author reached to be deeper or more philosophical, the focus was lost and failed to reach its ambitions. Three stars.

The Wonderful Future That Never Was: Flying Cars, Mail Delivery by Parachute, and Other Predictions from the Past (Popular Mechanics)
by Gregory Benford
58 used & new from $7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Futuristic fun for the Whole Family, May 5, 2012
This wonderful survey of what was to be , from the pages of Popular Mechanics magazine, is a thought provoking, laughter inducing search through the futurism of the last century. I found myself rooting for those ideas whose time would come...I write this on an I pad and then can face time a friend for feedback. One of the most interesting sociological points of the book is how social change, as opposed to tech change, is still more difficult to predict. The future women imagined from the 1950 s were still house working homemakers even after the new worlds. Very interesting, great art, and a fun read.

Handy Hands Learn Needle Tatting Step By Step
Handy Hands Learn Needle Tatting Step By Step
Price: $10.00
23 used & new from $4.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy to learn, April 28, 2012
The instructions in Needle Tatting Step by Step are so simple that you truly can learn to needle tat today. All you need is a tatting needle and some crochet thread or pearl cotton to get started--this book is even available as a kit with a needle included. Within a few hours I had mastered the first type of tatting ("one shuttle" style) and moved on to the next (from the ball or "two shuttle" style). This is a simple craft to learn, only one stitch style and knot making, and the book is complete with enough beginning projects to get you off to a good start. On my first day of practice, I had several passers-by compliment my beautiful lace making. There are many beautiful tatting patterns available for free online, and this book truly is all the instruction you need to tackle them. Highly recommended.

Handy Hands Learn Needle Tatting Step By Step Kit
Handy Hands Learn Needle Tatting Step By Step Kit
Price: $13.29
18 used & new from $9.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to Tat Today!, April 28, 2012
The instructions the Handy Hands kit are so simple that you truly can learn to needle tat today. The kit comes complete with size 5 needle and threader, so all you need is some crochet thread or pearl cotton to get started. Within a few hours I had mastered the first type of tatting ("one shuttle") and moved on to the next (from the ball or "two shuttle" style). This is a simple craft to learn, only one stich style and knot making, and the book is complete with enough beginning projects to get you off to a good start. On my first day of practice, I had several passers-by compliment my beautiful lace making. There are many beautiful tatting patterns available for free online, and this book truly is all the instruction you need to tackle them. Highly recommended.

Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Soothing Lotion SPF 15, 4  Ounce
Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Soothing Lotion SPF 15, 4 Ounce
Offered by Direct Supplier
Price: $15.67
21 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice gentle moisturizer plus sun protection.., April 28, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I took a week off of my normal moisturizer to try Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Soothing Lotion. First of all, the feel is somewhere between milky and creamy... not as heavy as a night cream nor as runny as some light daytime moisturizers. The unscentedness is pleasant, no mystery smells lingering from the ingredients as in some unscented products. I have very sensitive skin, and this lotion smoothed right on with no irritation or redness, particularly rare for a product containing sunblock. My skin felt nicely moisturized without being greasy. My one slight complaint might be staying power--I prefer a moisturizer that leaves my skin feeling hydrated for a long time. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Soothing Lotion absorbed so well and totally that I couldn't tell I had it on. Since I know that many people prefer that feel, for them this would be a five star product. For myself, I'll stick with my regular moisturizer but use this on those sunny days. Four stars. ****

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9