Profile for dyanacek > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dyanacek RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy device, unlocks great content on TV, fun gaming integration, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
The price point is right, and the UI is clean and easy to use. It even has nice touches like letting Pandora radio keep playing while in-game on games where I don't want to listen to the game music. I didn't realize How I Met Your Mother is free on Amazon Prime Instant Video, so I've been binge-watching that ever since I got this device. We're using this on the second TV in our house that doesn't have a cable box hooked up to it (sometimes I connect my XBox to it). I guess I could get a lot of that same content on by XBox, but I have one of the older ones and it is LOUD when on, unlike the Amazon Fire TV, which is silent.

The device offers seamless integration with Amazon Cloud Drive photos as a screen saver or slide show.
Where's Amazon Cloud Player integration though? Seems oddly absent.

Also the voice search, in addition to the clean UI, makes it really easy to use. It's neat that you can do a voice search for anything, even an artist, and it pulls up the results across all apps that have relevant content, like the Vimeo app for music videos.

Great stuff, glad I bought it, and would recommend it to anyone!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 2:17 PM PDT

Jabra SPEAK410 USB Speakerphone for Skype, Lync and other VoIP calls - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $86.99
8 used & new from $78.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic for remote conferencing from home, conference calls, April 4, 2014
I bought this device because I needed to perform some skype interviews and have a room full of 6 interviewers to be able to be heard. It worked perfectly for that, and I've found that I use this thing all the time for VOIP calls for work when I work from home or from a room without a phone. I plug it into my Windows 7 laptop, and it automatically becomes the speaker and microphone, and integrates perfectly with Microsoft OCS, Skype, and Google Hangouts. I even use it for my mic for gaming at home, and people hear me perfectly without any echo.

I find the volume, mute, call, and hangup buttons on the device to be extremely helpful. Other devices didn't seem to have these buttons, and I wasn't sure if I'd find them useful, but they definitely are.

I recommend this to anyone. It's extremely convenient and performs perfectly.

Try Again
Try Again
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the song, mp3 quality is beyond terrible, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Try Again (MP3 Music)
The encoding for this MP3 download is awful. There are encoding artifacts in every "s" or in harsh consonants like "dust", the "s" in yourself", the "t" in "dust". It's supposedly 208 kbps VBR, but it's noticeably bad. I would pay 2x for higher bitrate encodings, but apparently I don't have the option unless I buy the whole CD and rip it myself.

Tovolo Sphere Ice Molds - Set of 2
Tovolo Sphere Ice Molds - Set of 2
Price: $9.72
46 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just as advertized. Great price, fun!, August 14, 2013
These spherical ice cube makers are a lot of fun. Given that they're pretty cheap, I really wish I had bought them earlier! I was able to get significantly clearer spheres of ice when I boiled tap water before freezing (I poured it into the mold while it was still hot). Try it - one without boiling, and one with boiling (I attached a picture of the A/B test I did above)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2013 12:43 AM PDT

Teva Men's Tanza Sandal
Teva Men's Tanza Sandal
Price: $44.00 - $109.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, sturdy, attractive sandals, July 4, 2013
This review is from: Teva Men's Tanza Sandal (Apparel)
This is my second pair of Teva sandals just like these. I wore the first pair into the ground after several years, and my second pair is now doing great!

Bose Companion 2 Series II Multimedia Speaker System
Bose Companion 2 Series II Multimedia Speaker System
18 used & new from $75.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed for the price - buy the next one up, December 30, 2012
Sure these sound decent, but not $90 decent. If you can float it, I highly recommend going for the Bose Companion 20 speakers instead. They're over twice the price, but they do sound fantastic. But if you can't, then look elsewhere for something cheaper - it will sound just as good. But if you love bass-heavy pop, rap, or electronic, take a look at Klipsch. Regardless, these are probably not the speakers you're looking for unless they're magically on sale for under $50.

FiiO E10 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
FiiO E10 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
15 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I know about this sooner?, July 25, 2012
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I had been foolishly and lazily plugging my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II headphones into my laptop headphone output at work for awhile now. Since I was listening while working, I guess I wrote off all of the noise caused by the laptop and the poor quality in general. Anyway, a friend mentioned the FiiO E10, and given the very reasonable price, I picked it up right away. I couldn't be happier with it. It makes even Pandora sound like a million bucks.

My only gripe is with the included metal case - while it's very convenient for the device itself, it's much larger than it needs to be and is awkward to use the hidden compartment for the USB connector. I'll probably get an Altoids container for this instead or do something else fancy.

Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 "Regular Size" Right Hand (model # VM4R) - USB Wired
Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 "Regular Size" Right Hand (model # VM4R) - USB Wired
Offered by Sales_Center
Price: $89.95
71 used & new from $72.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ergonomic fit for me, June 11, 2012
Everyone has different ergonomic needs, but for me, my wrist hurts when I have to keep it twisted to use a normal mouse. I am at my computer all day, so I need something that works. Keeping my hands close to vertical and untwisted has kept me from having flareups of tendonitis, which were getting quite severe after many years of not having any problems throughout my life. This mouse, combined with The New V2 Standard Goldtouch Adjustable GTU-0088 Keyboard Is for Both Mac and P has made my wrist and arm pain virtually disappear.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film!, April 29, 2012
Really like the plot development, suspense, and mystery. I hadn't read the book and loved it, and my wife had read all of the books and also loved it. Some of the film was disturbing, but overall extremely good.

Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360
Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360
Offered by Shop Your Pants Off
Price: $21.95
160 used & new from $5.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly bad story writing, repackaging of Mass Effect 2, March 11, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The dialogue for this game seems right out of an armed forces recruiting video. It's all about the war and the side effects of the war and cheesy romance options that make me cringe, and focuses very little about the sci-fi aspects that I was hoping for aside from some techno babble and scenery.

The plot is basically just a direct extension to Mass Effect 2 with no apparent creativity with adding new elements.

The controls on XBox 360 is also a bit clumsy, given how it uses the A button to sprint without an option (as far as I could find) to bind it to something else. In order to run and turn at the same time, you have to do contortionist work with your index finger to steer, look, and sprint at the same time.

The gameplay is also pretty much exactly Mass Effect 2. It feels like I already played and beat this game.

I'll be selling it used on Amazon (or doing the video games trade-in thing on Amazon) before I even finish playing through it and while the price is still high.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4