Profile for N4TNA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N4TNA RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, if you like winning, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Wheel of Fortune (App)
This game has good graphics on my kindle. It functions flawlessly on my kindle as well. The only problem is that it seems to always let me win. I wasn't able to find a way to put it on a harder setting to maybe have some better competition from the computer players. It's fun though, even if I always win.

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
Price: $67.99
205 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 3, 2013
I bought this camera to use for Skype and Ovoo. It has performed better than expected on both programs as well as recording videos for YouTube. Drivers automatically installed and updated in Windows 7. Configuring the camera was easy, no instructions needed. It's pretty much a plug and play camera with Windows 7. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a webcam that is better than the one built into any stock laptop or as a great camera for a desktop. Anyone who uses Skype and wants to have a better quality picture, then this is the camera to buy.

Millionaire Quiz Game
Millionaire Quiz Game

1.0 out of 5 stars Only one set of questions., August 3, 2013
This review is from: Millionaire Quiz Game (App)
This game was great the first time I played a game, but when I wanted to start a new game, it gave me the same questions every time. The game functioned properly on my kindle. Graphics were good. I just wish it had more than one set of questions so I could play it more.

Behringer Xenyx Q802USB USB Audio Mixer
Behringer Xenyx Q802USB USB Audio Mixer
Offered by PSSL ProSound And Stage Lighting
Price: $79.99
5 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixer for Ham Radio, August 3, 2013
I bought this mixer to use my Heil GM-12 mic with my Yaesu FT-857D along with using it on my computer for Skype, Ovoo and Echolink. The Behringer Xenyx Q802USB seems to have all the features I wanted in an inexpensive mixer. I like the built-in compression on the first two channels. This allows me to turn off the Mic processor built into my FT-857D and still have a consistent audio level. The EQ works well for notching out some of the noise on the bands by running the audio out of the radio to a channel on the board and turning down the highs and boosting the mids. The USB feature works great on Skype, Ovoo, and Echolink. The free download software from Behringer once you register the product allows me to record both ends of the QSO. I also can use the mixer to provide the audio portion of a video when I use my webcam and logitech software. Shipping from the seller was timely and it arrived in the projected delivery time. I recommend this mixer to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive solution for a Ham Radio installation as well as pod casters or anyone who uses Skype or Ovoo. My experience with the seller was also great and would recommend using them to anyone.

GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Bottle Cup/Pot
GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Bottle Cup/Pot
Price: $9.99
9 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Standard In Cups, September 30, 2010
If you are using a 32oz Nalgene bottle, then this cup is a must have item. It is big enough to nest on the bottom or top of any standard size water bottle. It's the perfect size to boil water in for dehydrated meals or to just make some hot chocolate on a winter hike. The only thing about this cup that I would change would be to make the handles able to lock in the open position. I've used a military canteen and canteen cup for years and never thought that I would use anything different. Now that I've tried using the 38oz standard size Guyot Designs water bottle and the GSI cup, they have become my new standard.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 4:15 PM PST

UTG Multi-Functional Tactical Messenger Bag, Army Digital
UTG Multi-Functional Tactical Messenger Bag, Army Digital
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Same Quality At Half The Price, September 30, 2010
Got this bag a few weeks ago for a medium sized bushcraft kit bag.

My GSI cup fit's a little too snugly in the water bottle pouch which makes getting it in and out a real pain. My Guyot Designs bottle, on the other hand, fits perfectly. I really don't like the way the retaining strap for the water bottle is designed. It is just a piece of velcro with a loop of paracord which didn't retain the water bottle very well. My solution was to cut a piece of bicycle innertube the same length as the paracord, then run the paracord through the innertube to make a solid strap.

One thing not mentioned in the description of the bag is that it has three web loops on the bottom of the main pouch that allow you to lash things on the bottom of the bag. They hold my 8x10 tarp and blanket fairly well.

Overall I have been pretty happy with this bag so far and would recommend it to anyone. For half the price of what the more well-known name brand bag costs, you get pretty much the same quality construction. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five was because of the few minor things that I'd like to change. Like the the slightly under-sized water bottle pouch and the poorly designed retaining strap. It's a great bag, but just not quite perfect.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2010 3:42 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Blade For The Money!, September 20, 2010
You can't get a better quality blade for less money. The carbon steel blade stay's shaving sharp after heavy use. I only have had to hit the leather strop a couple times to maintain the scary sharp edge. Carbon steel will rust, so you do need to keep it oiled to prevent it from rusting. The plastic clipper sheath it comes with is actually pretty useful as compared to the other Mora plastic sheath designs. It can be clipped to your belt or your pack and the belt clip also has a notch cut into it that allows you to clip it on to any M.O.L.L.E. compatable webbing. Anyone looking for a good knife without breaking the bank, try a Mora and you won't regret it.

Bahco 396-LAP Laplander Folding Saw, 8-Inch Blade, 7 TPI
Bahco 396-LAP Laplander Folding Saw, 8-Inch Blade, 7 TPI
Offered by Abolox LLC
Price: $19.90
41 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bushcrafting Folding Saw!, June 9, 2010
I've tried other more inexpensive folding saws for my bushcrafting kit, but this one is well worth the extra money. It easily cut through anything I've tried to cut with it, even hardwood like maple. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality folding saw to use while bushcrafting, camping, or even just to trim the trees in your yard. I just wish I would have listened to Dave Canterbury and bought this saw sooner.