Profile for E. Henriquez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Henriquez "buyer" RSS Feed (New York)

Arkon Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Apple iPhone 5S 5C 4S 4 3GS and iPod touch
Price: $15.08
20 used & new from $14.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but could be better, September 22, 2010
I like this item. The good reviews for this item are warranted, but it isn't without flaws, which is why I'm giving it 3 stars and not 4 or 5. The overall construction of this item is good. The lever for the suction cup makes it easy for it to stick to your windshield. The platform swivels so you can adjust the angle or use it in either portrait or landscape mode. The little arms that hold the phone have a little foam on them, so they really hold the phone in place. They are also adjustable so that they can be moved to better suit your needs. Unfortunately, the arms can only be placed on what would be the top or the bottom of the phone and not the sides.

I bought this item to use with my iPhone 4G's TomTom GPS app, so I basically use this in landscape mode. I have a long commute, so I need to have my phone plugged in, which would not be a problem if I didn't also use my phone to make hands free calls. The little foam arms either block the center (where I plug the phone) or the bottom corners (where the phone has the speaker/microphone). It would be great if the arms could be place along the sides of the phone, but they can't be; until then, the item will only get three stars from me.

If you do not intend to use your iPhone as I do, do not think twice about buying this item though. Aside from the above-mentioned problem, this mount is great
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2012 2:46 PM PST

NUEVA GRAMATICA DE LA LENGUA ESPAÑOLA (2 VOLUMENES)
NUEVA GRAMATICA DE LA LENGUA ESPAÑOLA (2 VOLUMENES)
by REAL ACADEMIA ESPAÑOLA
2 used & new from $300.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Overpriced, December 11, 2009
This set of two volumes (a third one to be release next year) are new rules of grammar, syntax, and phonetics that are commonly used in different Spanish-speaking countries, not only in Spain. I, like the other two reviewers, think that this set is extremely overpriced in comparison to the price it is offered at in Europe.