Profile for W. Guan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Guan RSS Feed (AZ, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
eForCity® 3-Pack Anti Scratch Reusable Screen Protector Compatible With Nintendo Wii U Gamepad Remote Controller
Offered by CommonByte
Price: $4.16
9 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, June 22, 2013
Even comes with an extra 2 covers which is nice if you mess up or they get too dirty or something. It was relatively easy to place down, however I did end up with a small air bubble which over time seems to have gotten much smaller and is now basically unnoticeable unless you are really looking for it. I have a roommate with an 8 year old daughter so this helps a lot. Before the screen would get very dirty, I'd hate to imagine what the screen would have looked like without finally getting this.

Chew Volume 2: International Flavor
Chew Volume 2: International Flavor
by John Layman
Price: $10.65
101 used & new from $3.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the concepts!, June 22, 2013
This series is becoming one of my favorites. You just don't see many of these types of concepts actually being made. It's like those ideas that you bounce back and forth with your friends and think "wow it would be so cool if..." but nothing really materializes. Up to this point of the series I think the author has done a great job in telling Tony Chu's character but it's a bit lacking when it comes to a lot of the other characters. I hope by Volume 3 and 4 the author fleshes out the other characters a bit more. Overall great story and I can't wait to see where the rest of the series goes.

CAP Barbell Strength Fitness FID Bench
CAP Barbell Strength Fitness FID Bench
Price: $59.99
34 used & new from $44.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck, January 19, 2013
I can't believe how great a price this was. It has all the features I wanted except I would have wanted the ability to heighten the seat but I hardly see that included in any of these kinds of benches. The bench was fairly easy to put together as well. I'd buy this again without hesitation, unless of course I had tons of money and the room for an expensive all in one gym package.

Fables: The Deluxe Edition Book One
Fables: The Deluxe Edition Book One
by Bill Willingham
Price: $20.00
69 used & new from $16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars So awesome I bought it twice!, January 19, 2013
Loving this series, I went on a whim a while back ago and purchased the paperback volumes of 1 & 2 and quickly realized this would be a series I'd like to get the hardcopy editions instead. It is well worth it too, the books are nicely done and the covers look great here.

Fables: The Deluxe Edition Book Five
Fables: The Deluxe Edition Book Five
by Bill Willingham
Price: $22.66
40 used & new from $16.20

4.0 out of 5 stars The good (mostly), bad, and the ugly..., January 19, 2013
This one starts off terrible in my opinion, the beginning focuses on Jack on a bit of a side story and is pretty boring and uninteresting for the most part. It has a purpose but won't keep you entertained. The other stories really pick up and give you a lot more about the world of fables. If for some reason you are at all waning on the series, this set would snatch you right back up. As always with this Deluxe series, you can expect the same high quality hard cover with glossy cover. I can't wait for the rest of the series to end up with the deluxe treatment!

60 lbs Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbells - ²D1IBZ
60 lbs Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbells - ²D1IBZ
Offered by idzo
Price: $60.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, January 19, 2013
Not the best set of dumbbells but I have no major gripes with it. I didn't notice any terrible smell like others mentioned. Occasionally the locks get loose but it still holds the weights in place. The locks basically twist on kind of like a nut and bolt. It would take a lot of movement on your part to actually undue the lock and have a weight come off so you don't have to worry about it just tighten it after use. Overall it feels good, I can grip it well and it doesn't hurt my hands at all or causes any blisters.

BSN LEAN DESSERT PROTEIN - Fresh Cinnamon Roll, 1.38 lb (18 Servings)
BSN LEAN DESSERT PROTEIN - Fresh Cinnamon Roll, 1.38 lb (18 Servings)

4.0 out of 5 stars Replace a meal, don't mind if I do!, April 14, 2012
The Fresh Cinnamon Roll flavor is delicious. I can and love replacing a meal with this. I'm usually not into cinnamon flavored stuff but this tasted so good. Usually protein drinks are a bit weird tasting to me but so far this one is the best I've tasted. I've tried many different flavors and I'll keep coming back to this one.

GATSBY MOVING RUBBER SPIKY EDGE Hair Wax, 80g/2.8oz
GATSBY MOVING RUBBER SPIKY EDGE Hair Wax, 80g/2.8oz
Offered by GATSBY Official Store
Price: $9.60
61 used & new from $3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Shape and Reshape to your hearts content!, December 26, 2011
This is the best hair product I've ever used. It holds very well and shapes my hair really well. I love the fact that I can mess with my hair and reshape it well after initially putting it in my hair. It seems like you get very little amount for your money but you only need to use a small amount each time.

It should be noted that I am Asian and my dark black hair works well with it. I would say if you have strong sturdy hair this product would really work well for you but if you have fine thin hair I wouldn't expect the same results. I did want to mention that just like any other hair product you can wash it off in the shower but it should be noted that you need to thoroughly wash it out as it seems to cling to your hair a bit better than gel.

Jansport The Merit Backpack (Black)
Jansport The Merit Backpack (Black)
Offered by little bag planet
Price: $60.99
2 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah it'll fit, December 26, 2011
This review is from: JanSport Merit Backpack (Sports)
I want to touch on a few key points:
Room
Durability
Annoyances

Room:
This backpack is great if you are looking to cram it full of stuff. I routinely carry my xbox 360, gym clothes, and a few snacks for work and there is still plenty of room for more. Seriously, you can fill this bag up and it'll look like you are preparing for a camping trip!

There are 2 large main pockets one of which has a divider pouch that you can easily fit a book or possibly a laptop snugly into. Then of course there are the two smaller pockets in the front. The top one (w/ logo on it) unfortunately is just a basic pocket which can be a bit too large for some items, allowing them to bounce a bit much. The lower pocket is a lot more useful as there is little compartments there. Also there is the convenient bottle holder on the side.

Durability:
I've had this for roughly 2 months and use it almost daily. So far no issues with it at all. Over my last backpack I can tell this one will last quite a bit longer. The material is much more supportive all around. My past backpacks seem to be kind of deceptive to the bottom wearing out, it looks this one is a bit more durable here due to the fabric used.

Annoyances:
I just have one small issue, I hate how the zippers are a bit hidden thanks to the lip like guard around them. A lot of times it is annoying to grab/dig for the zipper. Minor complaint on a otherwise great product.

Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki
Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki
by Jim Zubkavich
Price: $11.51
34 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be a "Mamby Pamby", read this!, January 17, 2011
This is a fun book to read through for any age. This definitely isn't some epic piece of work or anything but it definitely is an enjoyable book to read for any Ibuki fan or Street Fighter fan in general. If you liked the Street Fighter Legends series on Sakura you'll pretty much know what your getting here. I will say I did find the Sakura one was a bit more funny, as the jokes with Dan and Sakura were pretty hilarious.

As for the story, well Ibuki doesn't exactly have much of a background from the games...so basically this story just details her day to day life from ninja training to high school girl trying to balance the two all while interesting things surprise her along the way. Yeah that's pretty much it but trust me it has plenty of enjoyable skits here and there to fill in the gaps.

The artwork is amazing and worth the price by itself. There are also some nice extras including a gallery of each original comic cover. The book is also very nicely made, it has somewhat of a foil like glisten instead of the plain paperback treatment that my Sakura one came in. Only gripe I have is I felt it should of had one more fight sequence at the end...you'll see what I mean.

I hope they make more of these character specific stories, I'd definitely like to see a Cammy one detailing her Shadaloo doll period or Juri/Hakan since they are the newest Street Fighter characters with a limited character background.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3